11-11-08 12:40 AM
35 12
tools
    Well I'll take my chances with dropping my baby I have insurance.
    10-19-08 08:15 PM
    I just got mine today its bad to the bone, lovin the keypad and the clip... Deff worth the money it fits good in my pocket at work and on my side at school

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-08 09:09 PM
    I ordered an otterbox and expect it here wednesday (tomorrow)
    10-21-08 09:55 PM
    Hello gang,

I just ordered the Otterbox for my 88XX series from Verizon. It has been a strange trip in trying to buy this thing. Paypal went wonky and would not pay Crackberry.com so I was forced to cancel the order, about a couple days later, I bought a new one on eBay and the guy was not able to send it till next week and got a refund (the guy was very apologetic on this) I finally went to Verizon.com because they always seem to have the most cases and bought it from them.

It should arrive tomorrow or Monday via free Fedex shipping.

I was wondering about the size. I used to use a Blackberry 7290 (still have it) for 3 years and I was used to its balk. Is a 88XX series in an otterbox around the same size as the 7290? I always keep the thing on my belt and like the protection over fashion.

I take it the 8830 Otterbox case will work wit the 8820?

Thanks
    L
    10-23-08 11:42 AM
    Hello gang,

I just ordered the Otterbox for my 88XX series from Verizon. It has been a strange trip in trying to buy this thing. Paypal went wonky and would not pay Crackberry.com so I was forced to cancel the order, about a couple days later, I bought a new one on eBay and the guy was not able to send it till next week and got a refund (the guy was very apologetic on this) I finally went to Verizon.com because they always seem to have the most cases and bought it from them.

It should arrive tomorrow or Monday via free Fedex shipping.

I was wondering about the size. I used to use a Blackberry 7290 (still have it) for 3 years and I was used to its balk. Is a 88XX series in an otterbox around the same size as the 7290? I always keep the thing on my belt and like the protection over fashion.

I take it the 8830 Otterbox case will work wit the 8820?

Thanks
    L
    This is interesting?

Paypal Borked my payment also and I never got the email about it.
    I called and found this out and they sent mine next day yesterday.
    It arrived this afternoon and I think I love it!

The inner membrane sucks in some ways but overall the case is very nice.
    I wish the manufacturers would release decent phots of the case details and how they go together,I could not have imagines that it works the way it does.

Overall I am satisfied,I just need to work on the screen cover part.

Ed
    10-23-08 08:56 PM
    Hmm news to me that Verizon sold an otter box? As far as my Verizon info this is really way out there.... Are you sure it wasn't a Seido case?

Ed get a BSE on that thing, then use the otterbox it will still fit.
    10-23-08 09:24 PM
    I received the Otterbox yesterday, began using it and would offer some observations.

1. Clear cover didn't fit exactly right. I lined up the front and folded over the rear, indentations didn't quite line up (1/8" off)

2. Silicone cover collects dust. Probably typical of new silicone, some wear will probably negate this.

3. Silicone cover didn't "want" to fit just right at first. Apparently this was due to the stretching to fit the clamshell hard part of the case. The next day everything was a ok.

4. I plan on cutting out the camera cover. What is the point in a 2mp camera if all images will be blurred.

5. Really like the "belt" clip on the holster. You can't fake spending money on good materials.

Overall, very pleased. Insignificantly bigger than the bodyglove case.
    10-23-08 09:35 PM
    I got mine today. The hard shell didn't want to snap closed, like the phone was too thick. I did use the membrane since I am out in the elements, in dusty, wet environments a lot. I dropped it on our basement floor just to check it out. From about 2 feet, onto linoleum covered concrete. The case came apart on one side and the silicone came unsnapped from its attachment points. However, the berry survived and that's what matters.

Giving it a few more days. Read complaints about sounding like an echo chamber to your callers, I had my wife use it while I used her phone and I also talked to her from it. There is no sound degradation, it is fine. Not muffled or echoed. Believe that is a GSM issue anyway. All in all, I would say it's worth the money. I didn't buy the phone to make a fashion statement, so the small amount of extra bulk and it being supposedly "ugly" is a moot point to me.
    Last edited by flynlow; 10-24-08 at 01:06 AM.
    10-24-08 12:03 AM
    that is by far the ugliest case i have ever seen.. would defeat the purpose of having a Bold in my opinion.
    to each his own.. but if you fear that much of scratching a phone.. why bother.. get one of those old Motorola's with the antennae
    lol
    10-24-08 12:27 AM
    Fugly cover. I guess a rock climber can use that.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-08 12:40 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD