Just curious.
    How many of you have purchased BB accessories from eBay? Are/were you satisfied with your purchase? Who / what stores would you reccommend to me if I were looking around?

I'm not a regular user of eBay, but I thought, hey, if someone has a thought about it, I'd love to hear...

Thanks in advance
    12-13-08 06:16 PM
    I don't know about others but when I had to buy a new case I went to the source. It just seemed to make more sense that way.
    12-13-08 06:29 PM
    I've ordered a few oem things for my curve on ebay without any problems at all and saved quite a few bucks.
    I just ordered 2 cradles and an oem silicon case from here
    Haven't received it yet, but they sure shipped fast!
    12-13-08 09:34 PM
    I bought a carbon fiber look hard case for my pearl and it fit great. It wouldn't come off to do a battery pull though, and when I finally got it off, I had to break it. I think I will stick with silicone for now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 01:02 PM
    As far as buying accessories, I've bought them from crackberry http://shop.crackberry.com/?utm_camp...medium=content and from amazon.com. Good experiences with both places.
    12-14-08 01:30 PM
    I've bought a couple chargers and some cases off eBay. I never buy electronic devices (charger don't count!) cause the risk is too high. Read enough on this website and you'll see plenty of people who've been duped and have a dead device now.
    12-14-08 01:38 PM
    I'm definitely weary of buying the emerald green housing now.. Another user had the same idea I had and bought it from a "dealer" in Hong Kong, got the stuff almost three weeks later and it wasn't what he ordered. It's sad businesses get away with that, but what can ya do other than send the merch back and contact the cc company?

I've purchased electronics from eBay before and figured it may be the same but it may not, and thought I better check the best source first before going with that place. *laughs*
    12-19-08 11:59 PM
    I've ordered OEM holsters and car chargers on eBay for my BB. You can find OEM Motorola car chargers for cheap and work perfectly.
    12-20-08 12:09 AM
    As much as I have loved this site for helping me with my BB, I must admit Ebay is much cheaper. I got a black silicone skin case for my Curve 8320 on Ebay for $4.64 + free shipping out of california. It wouldve cost me $15 after shipping if I had ordered it from Crackberry.
    Last edited by someguy03; 01-24-09 at 04:40 PM.
    01-24-09 04:37 PM
    As much as I have loved this site for helping me with my BB, I must admit Ebay is much cheaper. I got a black silicone skin case for my Curve 8320 on Ebay for $4.64 + free shipping out of california. It wouldve cost me $15 after shipping if I had ordered it from Crackberry.
    Well me too...ebay always has great deals. Oh btw welcome to crackberry!
    01-24-09 04:51 PM
    I've bought a couple chargers and some cases off eBay. I never buy electronic devices (charger don't count!) cause the risk is too high. Read enough on this website and you'll see plenty of people who've been duped and have a dead device now.
    its not blackberry related, but my last phone i bought of ebay... it was all great till the warrenty wore off. i swear to god it was like clockwork how the thing instantly started busting itself to pieces when nobody was touching it.

so i'm definitly not doing anything electronic anymore off ebay. but i'm sure i'll end up buying a case or something bb related soon.
    01-30-09 10:28 PM
    I've had nothing but good experiences from buying bb accessories on eBay. Had a couple of spare batteries for 2 old Pearls that lasted fine for a long time, as did the extra charger. More recently, I got an OEM silicone case, micro-usb cable, wall and phone charger for my new 8900, all for under $20. (I need the new cables/chargers since switching to the new micro-usb connectors!)

I also picked up a wall-plug battery charger (charges a battery outside of the phone, not a usb-plug charger) and 2 spare batteries for my 8900, all for about $22 shipped. The batteries seem fine, holding a charge and giving expected battery life.

OTOH, I'm not a fan of the cheap leather cases on eBay, and have been known to splurge on a nice Vaja case.
    03-29-09 11:27 PM
    Bought my share of accessories but nothing electronic (don't know what you're getting no matter what condition it's in).
    Just like everyone stated in their previous post... ebay does have some good vendors, just make sure that you try to order from the ones located stateside.. this will help.
    04-05-09 03:59 AM
    I got a silicone skin and a mirror screen protector from ebay, both are great and got them for a good price too. Very happy with my purchases, my Curve is all protected now
    04-05-09 08:27 AM
    Just ordered few items from ebay and hoping it will be as good as i expected
    04-05-09 03:24 PM
    I have purchased a mirror screen cover for the outside screen of my flip, and it saved the day. I was walking beside the house and tripped on a loose piece of pipe and fell into the textured stucco, hitting my phone in the holster on the wall. The screen cover got a gouge in it, but the screen underneath was unharmed. Best $5 I ever spent. I also bought some clear covers, so I replaced the mirror screen with one of them, but they didn't adhear to the outside screen and kept peeling off. I guess I'm getting another mirror cover from the same seller again, it was well worth it.
    04-07-09 04:34 PM
    i ordered my phone from ebay and i'm ordered a black trackball, will see how it goes
    04-15-09 04:58 AM
    Love Ebay for accessories and other do das but I have never ordered electronics. Kinda leery. Just got a case a few days ago, like the orignal selections.
    04-16-09 05:32 PM
    I bought my BB curve speck case off ebay for like $20 forever ago but you can get it at a t-mobile store now for like $15. It is the best case I have seen yet because it protects the screen... I bought my memory card (4gb) off ebay too for $20 a while ago...
    04-16-09 05:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD