I have a Bold 9700. I wanted the best protection and holster I could buy for my phone. I purchased the OtterBox Defender and here are my findings. After using the Defender case for 6 months, I can say that it does the job, strong and sturdy. The holster is another animal. The holster is thin and weak. I have broke 3 of these holsters, and all 3 times Otterbox replaced them. The holsters weakness lies in the tabs on the sides that holds the phone in place. Way too small, and way to thin to be that small. So after the 3rd one broke, I said forget it!

After some researching on this site, I learned that Seido makes a holster that accomdates the 9700 in the Defender case. So I ordered it. 2 weeks later, this new holster is working out great! I no longer have to worry about breaking my holster, and best of all, it fits a 2 inch wide belt, unlike the Otterbox holster. I paid $34 shipping and all for this new Seido holster and I do NOT regret it!!!!!

So please just be forwarned, Otterbox has a great warranty program but their holsters are weak and easily break or become very loose with just normal use.

I am not in any way affiliated with OtterBox, Seido or any other cell phone company or parts maker. I am just your avergage professional grade user and this is my take on it.

Thanks for reading

09-17-10 01:26 PM