For those that are using this case already, how is your paint holding up on it? I purchased it when I got my 9700 on release day (11/22) and I noticed earlier this week that on the one side the blue is wearing off and has a silver finish starting to show through definitely noticeably lighter than the other side. For $30 I would of expected better. I don't put my 9700 in my pocket so it's usually on my desk at work or on the counter at home.

I contacted Ifrogz through their customer feedback section of their web site on Tuesday and so far I've heard nothing which is also disappointing not even an auto-generated response.
    01-07-10 07:42 AM
    Same with mine, its garbage.
    01-07-10 08:59 AM
    it's wear and tear, man. nothing stays perfect forever. it's still a rad case.
    01-07-10 05:04 PM
    Hmm, I'll have to have a look at mine, which I picked up on Black Friday. I just got my Fortte case yesterday and pulled the iFrogz case off -- I like the blue/black thing but ultimately a leather case is more professional looking -- so I can take a good look at it when I get home from work today.

jlp916, could you post a pic of the paint wear? I'm curious to see what this looks like.

I agree for $30 paint should not wear off in a couple months. That does not sound like normal wear and tear. I carry my phone in a pocket with pens and the like with it also spending time on my desk here at work, the end table by my couch, the granite counter tops in the kitchen or on my charging valet.
    01-07-10 05:09 PM
    Mine started wearing out almost right away. The rubbery texture chipsoff easily and and a shiny texture is exposed. It offers good protection and the wear is cosmetic but for $30 bucks I would expect better quality. Seidio products of the same texture wear better.
    01-07-10 05:41 PM
    I got mine the day ATT had them for the general public and have the same colors with no notable wear and tear.
    01-07-10 07:15 PM
    Mine is wearing off and also discolored. I have another case coming in next week at the At&t Store.
    01-07-10 09:09 PM
    Mine very, very little ware. I pocket my berry so handles a lot of friction.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-10 09:52 PM
    Ifrogz cases are crap, I sell them for iphones and BBRY on at&t and I can honestly say they are the most returned and complained about case we have.

Look cool but garbage build.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-08-10 12:02 AM
    *disclaimer- I do take some responsibility because although I was not rough or abusive with it, I could have been extra/overly careful.

But I after one week of having one for my iPhone, my locking tab easily broke off. My opinion is that that the build quality is cheap, therefore I will not purchase again.

There was a tab on the right & left, the right side broke off.

01-08-10 01:39 AM
    Hmm, I'll have to have a look at mine, which I picked up on Black Friday. I just got my Fortte case yesterday and pulled the iFrogz case off -- I like the blue/black thing but ultimately a leather case is more professional looking -- so I can take a good look at it when I get home from work today.

jlp916, could you post a pic of the paint wear? I'm curious to see what this looks like.

I agree for $30 paint should not wear off in a couple months. That does not sound like normal wear and tear. I carry my phone in a pocket with pens and the like with it also spending time on my desk here at work, the end table by my couch, the granite counter tops in the kitchen or on my charging valet.
    I'll see if I can get a pic today when I get home from work.
    01-08-10 07:00 AM
    I've had mine a cpl of weeks and show no signs of wear. The one problem I do have is that it seems a little to tight on one side and when I use the return button and sometimes when pushing the trackpad, I see ripples in the lcd. Waiting on an otterbox to come in so I can switch
    01-08-10 08:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD