View Poll Results: If You Have Button Issues, Do You Have a Screen Protector???

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Invisible Shield

11 24.44%
  • Phantom Skinz

7 15.56%
  • Other

14 31.11%
  • Naked but Still Have Button Issues

13 28.89%
    I want to know for those with button issues while phone is flat, are you using a screen protector? I peeled my ps off and all problems are gone
    Last edited by hydroz_23; 11-22-09 at 05:04 PM.
    11-21-09 11:38 PM
    Maybe they should just make screen protectors that stop before the buttons! I should do that! Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-09 11:48 PM
    Maybe they should just make screen protectors that stop before the buttons! I should do that! Lol

Verizon beat you to it. The one for the 9530 effectively does this.

11-22-09 12:01 AM
    i never had problems clicking the buttons while it was flat on the table...
    but after installing PS the SEND and BB button won't click... and the back and END key clicks triple times...
    11-22-09 01:15 AM
    Are you saying that the screen protector is the issue? I would hate to take my scren protector off and find out that the problem is still there.
    11-22-09 01:35 AM
    Are you saying that the screen protector is the issue? I would hate to take my scren protector off and find out that the problem is still there.
    it was for me
    11-22-09 09:04 AM
    Same for me as well. I removed it and the buttons seem fine.
    11-22-09 09:10 AM
    I've never had a screen protector on my storm2 and I have the button issues.

11-22-09 09:18 AM
    I was actually going to make a poll about this today. My phone had no screen issues till I added the Phantom Skinz screen protector. I finally got fed up with the buttons and when nothing else would fix it, I decided to take the screen protector off. As soon as I did all the screen problems disappeared. I left the rest of the body protection on, but my screen is naked.

11-22-09 09:27 AM
    We have not physically seen this issue but if there is a doubt, you can always order the Storm 1 version which will be short of the buttons. Please let us know if the screen protector seems to cause issues. We will try and accommodate any issues/problems.

Guru
    11-22-09 01:15 PM
    How about "Naked and have NO button issues"?

My 4 function buttons don't work correctly when my phone is lying flat on a solid surface, but as soon as I pick it up they work fine, 100% of the time.
    11-22-09 05:00 PM
    no screen proctecter and my four buttons will NOT function when laying completely flat either but when I pick up the bb they work just fine. My S2 was made in Hungary if anyone was wondering also.

11-22-09 05:08 PM
    We have not physically seen this issue but if there is a doubt, you can always order the Storm 1 version which will be short of the buttons. Please let us know if the screen protector seems to cause issues. We will try and accommodate any issues/problems.

Guru
    To be honest, it wasn't just the four bottom buttons it caused problems with. The responsiveness of the whole screen was reduced with the screen protector on. I don't think this is an issue with just Phantom Skinz, however, it will need some more research to determine the cause for sure.

I was very pleased with the look and feel of the screen protector, but the screen issues it caused were unacceptable to me. I still love the rest of the body protection, though, not all the pieces were cut exactly right. I had problems with the black plastic piece below the screen, which had too much of a curve to it. And the piece that wraps around the chrome on the upper back side of the phone was too short from side to side.

Other than those pieces, i was very impressed with the fit and form of the product. I'm happy to see you monitor this site for problems such as these.

Hydroz, sorry...just realized I hijacked the thread a bit.
    11-22-09 06:01 PM
    I don't think the issue is with the screen protector. I've had the phone naked, with a screen protector that left all buttons exposed and now with one that covers all the screen including the buttons and I'm problem free.

11-22-09 07:50 PM
    I had the screen protectors that did not cover the buttons and had the problems. I then switched to to the full screen protector and still had the problems.
    11-22-09 07:51 PM
    having problems with the send key. No protector.
    11-22-09 08:07 PM
    Like I said it requires more research which I believe is Hydroz's intentions with this thread. We've had all possible answers but the question is: which is most common?

Just because the screen protector caused my problems and removing it fixed them doesn't mean its the same for everyone although it seams several are having the same results as me and Hydroz, which shows there is a pattern.

11-22-09 08:51 PM
    I don't think the issue is with the screen protector. I've had the phone naked, with a screen protector that left all buttons exposed and now with one that covers all the screen including the buttons and I'm problem free.

If you've had no problems then you can hardly diagnose the problems other people are having. I find your presumption both ignorant and insulting. The screen protector WAS my issue.

11-22-09 08:55 PM
    I had the same problem with the screen protector. I removed it and it worked great. I put another one on but made sure the bottom of the protector lined up perfectly to the bottom of the screen. It works great now with it on. If you put one in make sure the bottom is dead even.

11-22-09 10:08 PM
    I went to my local Verizon store to pick up a privacy screen protector, the one that has a tint to it and at an angle no one can really tell what your doing. The rep told me they did have them but Verizon pulled them from the stores cause they were making the screens non responsive. I had a screen protector on my phone and every once in a while I would have problems with the buttons so after he told me that I pulled it off and haven't had any problems.
    11-22-09 11:03 PM
    Like I said it requires more research which I believe is Hydroz's intentions with this thread. We've had all possible answers but the question is: which is most common?

Just because the screen protector caused my problems and removing it fixed them doesn't mean its the same for everyone although it seams several are having the same results as me and Hydroz, which shows there is a pattern.

It does seem that a lot of people are experiencing this same exact problem and some might have another issue causing the problem. It also seems that it is either all 4 buttons or the send button. I loved my phantom skinz and i don't think i can leave my screen naked. I hope they can come up with a more sensitive screen protector or something. My point of this and all my posts regarding the buttons were to figure out if it was a hardware/software issue. I do still believe it is a grounding issue. Thanks to everyone that voted
    11-23-09 07:49 AM
    I was very pleased with the look and feel of the screen protector, but the screen issues it caused were unacceptable to me. I still love the rest of the body protection, though, not all the pieces were cut exactly right. I had problems with the black plastic piece below the screen, which had too much of a curve to it. And the piece that wraps around the chrome on the upper back side of the phone was too short from side to side.

Other than those pieces, i was very impressed with the fit and form of the product. I'm happy to see you monitor this site for problems such as these.

Hydroz, sorry...just realized I hijacked the thread a bit.
    Don't be, Their product is great!
    11-23-09 07:51 AM
    Bottom line is:

1. Bottom button issues are not solely the result of screen protectors.

2. Screen protectors over malfunctioning bottom buttons will make the problem worse.

3. If you lay the phone on a wood table or desk and can't press one or more bottom buttons, the phone is defective.

4. If you put the phone in a skin or case and can't press one or more bottom buttons, the phone is defective.

Sorry, but there is so much guessing and misinformation on this board sometimes!
    11-23-09 09:09 AM
    My experience. Had minor button problems before and with invisishield. I returned to the Verizon store to exchange, pealed off my Invisishield which lifted the screen a little bit due to the great adhesion. Tried to replicate the problem. Screen works flawlessly. Kept my phone and haven't had problem since. I would be guessing like everyone here but is it possible that it has to do with screen tension and how the electronics react. Most people who exchange and get a "good one" report that the screen is easier to click all the way around. Mine now works flat on its back. The only time mine has delayed in responding to my touch is if I am on the phone, pull it away from my ear and immediately press end. It sometimes takes a second press but this is likely due to the sensor that shuts down the screen while on the phone not having enough time to re-engage. It's been about 4 days since I removed the invisishield, lifted my screen pulling up on it and trouble resolved. Just my experience. I'm sure many phones are defective not working at all but they may be many phones that the screens are just a little to tight and the phone doesn't respond as well. My problems were always very minor and the phone would usually start responding even flat with a few presses.
    11-23-09 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD