I'm one of those people who have 20 cases (at least) I like different colors, types, I like the case-mate barely there cases, the srmtcase models (not as much, quality not as good). Anyway I bought an Otterbox Commuter Case the other day. I think I've found the one! This is a great case. Sillicone with a hard shell, not too bulky, plenty of protection, I just wish it came in colors!!!

Dave
    07-21-10 10:22 AM
    The otterbox Impact is another great one! They make amazing products, glad you found a case you like
    07-21-10 10:32 AM
    Thanks man, Semper Fi, from an old Bubblehead.
    07-21-10 11:05 AM
    I like the look and feel of my Innocase II. However, I know something with some gel like material might be better at resisting impacts. I like the idea of the Otterbox Commuter but wish it came in other colors and was a little less bulky.

Plus, when I bought my Inno II, I also bought the Seidio Charger so I could charge without taking off the case. That alone could be a limited factor for me.....

Any other ideas given my likes/dislikes......
    07-21-10 11:17 AM
    Otterbox makes great cases and I have a couple of the - but I'm still on the quest for the perfect case.

Ideally, the case would provide good protection when holstered but would still allow the phone to be charged in some sort of cradle.

The typical skin cases and or Otterboxes also require you to remove the case for battery pulls - sometimes a necessity with the commuter as the buttons on the side will sometimes half depress locking up the phone - not allowing you to get to quickpull.

So, that leves us with some sort of invisible skin (BestSkinsEver or ZAGG) and another case. Unfortunately, this doesn't protect from the inadvertent fall.

cant Otter come up with a case that allows for charging in a cradle (obviously not the BB cradle, but some other cradle. I dislike having to pop the side door open and inserting the microUSB every night.
    07-21-10 11:22 AM
    Yes I have to say you're correct, it is a pain to take the case off at night. I use the charging pod, so i have to take it off. One thing though I thought the case would be bulky also, I bought it because I go to the beach sometimes, and a case with all the ports covered was attractive to me for that purpose. It's really not bulky at all, and Colors would be nice. Case-mate makes a really nice hybrid case for the 9630 in nice colors, but not for the 9650. On their forum they say there's not enough demand for the case for the 9650, I replied that the phone has only been out a couple of months. We'll see. For really less bulk there's the case-mate barely there, that case is really thin! can't even tell it's there.
    07-21-10 11:30 AM
    Good point. I might get a Commuter case just for travelling/beach/etc......
    07-21-10 11:34 AM
    Yesterday I altered the holster for the Otterbox defender to fit my new Otterbox COMMUTER. Using a hair dryer I softened the plastic of the holster and narrowed the spaces (or tightened the grip) so that it now grips the Commuter - a bit too tight (and when the other half leaves this morning I will use her hair dryer to relax the grip a bit). I only use the holster portion and have removed the spring clip as I don't use a belt clip. I prefer having the screen behind the holster since I take my BB hiking, biking and cross-country skiing and want to protect it from bumps and bruises. I decided that the Defender was a bit of overkill although I have moved the keyboard membrane to the Commuter case.

The usb protector flap is a bit of an issue on the Commuter.
    07-21-10 12:21 PM
    Has anyone tried the Case-mate Mix n Match case? Looks pretty solid and it comes in colors...

Mix & Match - Customize Your BlackBerry Tour 9630 Hybrid Tough Case With Multiple Colors by Case-mate
    07-22-10 09:54 PM
    I like those, but do they fit the 9650? They aren't listed under the 9650 on case-mate's site. I like them a lot because of the colors.
    07-22-10 09:57 PM
    I like those, but do they fit the 9650? They aren't listed under the 9650 on case-mate's site. I like them a lot because of the colors.
    I am not sure but I figured they might since most of the tour cases fit it... I have not tried yet though.
    07-22-10 10:01 PM
    The only potential problem is the charging port. The 9630 uses the older size charging port and the 9650 uses the newer smaller plug and of course the position of the port is slightly different. You'd think that case-mate would just list the case if it were able to be used with the 9650, but I have the feeling that they aren't the sharpest tools if you know what I mean. I was on their website's forum and someone had asked about a case and the reply was that there wasn't enough interest in the case for the phone. The phone has only been out for 2 months!
    07-22-10 10:08 PM
    I'm right there with ya man. I went through several cases before I landed on the Commuter. LOVE it.
    07-22-10 10:25 PM
    The only potential problem is the charging port. The 9630 uses the older size charging port and the 9650 uses the newer smaller plug and of course the position of the port is slightly different. You'd think that case-mate would just list the case if it were able to be used with the 9650, but I have the feeling that they aren't the sharpest tools if you know what I mean. I was on their website's forum and someone had asked about a case and the reply was that there wasn't enough interest in the case for the phone. The phone has only been out for 2 months!
    It's the same size charging port. It's just that it has moved.
    07-23-10 11:52 AM
    My commuter case came today and I couldn't be happier.
    07-28-10 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD