IF somebody has a counter to this idea, let me know, please. I am pretty sure the two are enough identical in size, this OTTERBOX case will be fine. It's quite spensive but the cadillac of cases, I'm told.
    10-29-09 10:02 AM
    Precision fit cases for the storm one will be loose on the storm 2. also the charging port will not line up correctly. I have a VaJa case on my storm one. The storm two fit in it but is sloppy and like i said the charging port is off.
    10-29-09 10:04 AM
    Apparently the 9550 is a tiny bit thicker than the 9530. Someone posted earlier that the Otterbox would not quite fit on the 9550.
    10-29-09 10:05 AM
    Well, one of you says the case I ordered will be loose, the other said the 9550 is thicker [I'm guessing that would make it too tight]. These two seem contradictory. I guess I really don't care if the charging doesn't line up; I mainly just wanted it to protect it. Wouldn't it do that?
    10-29-09 10:08 AM
    i have an otter box slim that i ordered here from crackberry and the rubber casing doesnt quite fit (too loose) so i personally would suggest going with the otter box for the storm2. they should have them at the verizon store, they had them at mine
    10-29-09 10:13 AM
    I would just wait until an official case is released for the 9550. I have a sedio innocaseII for my S1 and it didn't fit the S2.

I'm even consideringgoing back to my Tour until I can buy a case for the S2. Mich like the S1, its pretty slippery in the hands and I don't want to scratch it or cause any other cosmetic damage.
    Precision fit cases for the storm one will be loose on the storm 2. also the charging port will not line up correctly. I have a VaJa case on my storm one. The storm two fit in it but is sloppy and like i said the charging port is off.
    Thanks for the info, gtstang ...

I just called and cancelled the order. The guy said they're in the very early stages of developing a case for the 9550. But, I'm glad you posted the above ... so I can get a case that's meant for the S2.
    10-29-09 10:21 AM
    Too bad you didn't just email the folks at Otterbox like I did. You would have gotten this response.....
    Update for Case #63232 - "Blackberry Storm 9550"We do not have any information on if we will be making a case for the Storm 2 at this time. Please keep an eye on our website, as it will have the most up to date information on our products and new cases.*

Thank you,
    Natasha Meggenberg
    The 9530/9500 cases will NOT fit. Someone on this forum has actually already tried.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-29-09 10:22 AM
    Too bad you didn't just email the folks at Otterbox like I did. You would have gotten this response.....

The 9530/9500 cases will NOT fit. Someone on this forum has actually already tried.

Yup, I should have emailed first. It's prolly not the last stupid mistake I'll make [although, as old as I am, I might get lucky ]
    10-29-09 10:25 AM
    S2 is .5mm longer and .2mm more narrow than S1. Knowing the OB is a precision fit the OB for S1 will not fit S2.
    10-29-09 10:27 AM
    I almost ordered one myself when I saw the description that said it fit "All Blackberry Storm Models" but that little nagging voice in my head said "remember the curve otterboxes?". So I just shot them a message.

10-29-09 10:30 AM
    Yip...just as confirmation, it is just a tiny bit too small, and none of the keys line up just right. Very disappointing since my OB is less than two weeks old... but thats what I get for ditching the s1 for the s2....still a worthwhile trade imho...

hope they release an ob for the s2 though. That was a damn fine case, especially since my work tends to be dusty and hard on phones...
    10-29-09 11:13 AM
    I'm going to the verizon store today to get the Body Glove hard case. That's the only branded case i know of that isn't silicone or a holster/pouch at the moment... maybe they will show me more options for when I get there.
    10-29-09 11:15 AM
    Otter boxes are pretty damn specific. I think its best if you called them.
    10-29-09 11:35 AM
    Just checked the website. They now have them available for the S2 - 3 different versions.
    10-31-09 12:25 AM
    Go to Otterbox.com website and choose Defender series, there is an email notification sign up for when it becomes available, you will be emailed,,, the site has it listed as going for $49.99, I can;t wait !
    11-02-09 08:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD