I have used a few but they either scratch right away or are terribly difficult to get on without air bubbles. How do you all buy these 20 dollar films and get them on correctly? Suggestions on the best brands?
    10-02-08 10:10 AM
    I don't buy $20 screen protectors.

Check out ScreenPatronus, Screen protector - the difference is amazing.

Much less (about $7-8 for three) and great customer service.
    10-02-08 10:15 AM
    I have used a few but they either scratch right away or are terribly difficult to get on without air bubbles. How do you all buy these 20 dollar films and get them on correctly? Suggestions on the best brands?
    Hi, I don't know if you are still looking or not but I use this same brand for everything that I have phone, cameras, ipods, etc. and they work great. The brand is Clarivue. You can either get them on ebay or their website which is about the same price. The website is www then clarivue then dot come. It wouldn't let me add the url and on ebay just search for clarivue then refine it and add blackberry curve. The one guy that sells them on there his ebay name is Jhongs I believe. Good luck, Brandy
    10-02-08 02:04 PM
    10-02-08 02:06 PM
    Zagg Invisible Shield. I installed one on my phone & love it. The box came with three different sizes. One for 8330, World Edition & Pearl. Gave the other two to co-workers & they love it!
    10-02-08 03:29 PM
    the BSE was the best thing i ever did. it seems like it would be difficult when you read the directions, but it's not. look around these forums. i haven't read a single review of them that said otherwise!
    $7 and you get two.
    BestSkinsEver

-randy
    10-03-08 12:48 AM
    Thanks guys for all of the suggestions! One of the problems I have had are air bubbles. It's very difficult to get these on correctly without an airbubble, unless you get more than one shot. Do these have issues with that? Any suggestions? I hate to pay 10 dollars for these things (including S&H) and then waste it in 20 seconds trying to put on the cover.
    10-03-08 07:37 AM
    bump........
    10-04-08 06:18 AM
    Zagg Invisible Shield. I installed one on my phone & love it. The box came with three different sizes. One for 8330, World Edition & Pearl. Gave the other two to co-workers & they love it!
    I'm returning my invisible shield. It's a pain in the as^s to install. The instructions make it seem like it's as easy as an infomercial.
    10-04-08 05:47 PM
    I'm returning my invisible shield. It's a pain in the as^s to install. The instructions make it seem like it's as easy as an infomercial.
    Umm hate to point you out but your only 4 posts have been around the forums bashing accessories that people were looking to get, you always have problems with anything you get?

Not sure what your point is on here. Just my .02
    10-04-08 06:10 PM
    Thanks guys for all of the suggestions! One of the problems I have had are air bubbles. It's very difficult to get these on correctly without an airbubble, unless you get more than one shot. Do these have issues with that? Any suggestions? I hate to pay 10 dollars for these things (including S&H) and then waste it in 20 seconds trying to put on the cover.
    again, i gotta recommend the Best Skins Ever screen protector. It goes on wet (wait wait wait! don't get discouraged!) so bubbles get worked out very quickly and easily.

back to the wetness. like i said, don't get discouraged. do it with the battery out, of course. the screen protector gets dipped in soapy water (let the bubbles settle out first). shake the excess water off and put it on the screen. the moisture creates a great surface to move the protector into its proper place and also makes it super easy to get all the bubbles out. as it begins to dry, it will get tacky...so make sure you have it in a good place. after maybe 30 mins it's dry enough so that all the edges stay down. leave it for like an hour just to be sure. i put the battery back in once it was in place, but didn't use it for the rest of the night. i applied mine just before bed so it could set up all night.
    this all my sound like quite an undertaking for a simple screen protector but believe me, it's not nearly as tough as it sounds and it is more than worth it.

here's a link to my post about applying my Best Skins Ever screen protector.

if you do a search, you'll probably find a whole bunch of posts like these, describing the process and saying how easy and awesome it is.

again my vote goes for BSE.

-randy
    10-06-08 12:33 AM
    Boxwave makes great screen protection. I don't have one on my BB (8330) they didn't have it yet for the model due to it being so new at the time. So I got the IS (inv. shield) that has been previously mentioned. That particular style of protection can be hard to apply and will get bubbles if not carefully applied. Kind of like model building steady hand needed stuff. But to my point about boxwave. I have a screen protector from them on my Palm T5. I originally bought a 3 pack and still have the 1st one on it. It is barely marked up from the stylus use on the screen. It also is not like the IS and BSE style of application. The boxwave screen protection is thicker, and thus more rigid, and clings to the screen like window clings do with windows. It is very easy to apply since it is thicker/more rigid and so highly unlikely that any air gets trapped under it to form a bubble. Removing it is a simple as it is to remove a window cling and it can be washed under running water and placed back on the device after it has dried (safety to avoid damage to the device). If I could have gotten the boxwave one when I got the IS, in hind site I think I would have preferred to have it. The IS is nice but I discovered I don't like the full body skin I thought I would have liked. So I removed all but the battery part and screen part of the skin. Also the screen part of the skin somehow has managed to very slightly move down the screen so now there is about a 1 mm part that hangs over the edge and has the potential of peeling. Granted I can get a replacement under warranty. I just wish I could also get a refund of the difference in price and just get the screen protection instead. Perhaps down the road after I get my money worth from the IS I'll go ahead and get the boxwave but for now since I shelled out the money for hte IS I might as well use it for a couple years or so. Heck maybe when it comes time to qualify for an upgrade I'll upgrade to a newer BB and get the boxwave for it instead.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I have had my T5 since they were released back 2004 or before.
    Last edited by Stoneryno; 10-06-08 at 12:46 AM.
    10-06-08 12:40 AM
    again, i gotta recommend the Best Skins Ever screen protector. It goes on wet (wait wait wait! don't get discouraged!) so bubbles get worked out very quickly and easily.

back to the wetness. like i said, don't get discouraged. do it with the battery out, of course. the screen protector gets dipped in soapy water (let the bubbles settle out first). shake the excess water off and put it on the screen. the moisture creates a great surface to move the protector into its proper place and also makes it super easy to get all the bubbles out. as it begins to dry, it will get tacky...so make sure you have it in a good place. after maybe 30 mins it's dry enough so that all the edges stay down. leave it for like an hour just to be sure. i put the battery back in once it was in place, but didn't use it for the rest of the night. i applied mine just before bed so it could set up all night.
    this all my sound like quite an undertaking for a simple screen protector but believe me, it's not nearly as tough as it sounds and it is more than worth it.

here's a link to my post about applying my Best Skins Ever screen protector.

if you do a search, you'll probably find a whole bunch of posts like these, describing the process and saying how easy and awesome it is.

again my vote goes for BSE.

-randy
    Exceptionally helpful post. Thank you so very much. It's so difficult to judge these things when you have to drop 10-15 online before trying it out.

If I don't upgrade to the Storm soon, I will be getting one of the BSE covers. Thanks again!
    10-06-08 01:56 AM
    Exceptionally helpful post. Thank you so very much. It's so difficult to judge these things when you have to drop 10-15 online before trying it out.

If I don't upgrade to the Storm soon, I will be getting one of the BSE covers. Thanks again!
    no problem! glad i could help.
    10-06-08 06:11 PM
    I returned my invisible shield too... brought 2 and I even had someone from the Mall Cart put it on for me--- hated it because of the fingerprint, the airbubbles and the texture. I'm looking for something else too, it just wasn't worth the cost, shipping, and time.
    10-08-08 05:48 PM
    I just installed the BSE as well. Did some reading and figured it was the same thing as the $20 IS, but with out the so-called Application Solution, which soapy water dose the job perfect. It has been drying for about an hour, and I already love it, it even hid the minor scratches that I already had on the screen.
    10-11-08 12:28 AM
    Definitely BSE.

It's cheap.
    If you follow the instructions [on the website] and take your time you end up with a great job.

Did I mention I didn't spend $20 and got the same amount of protection.

legions of crackberry.com fans can't be wrong.

lcg...
    12-06-08 04:44 PM
    stay away from screenpatronus. I've ordered two sets of them now for me and my friend's 8330s, and every single one of them has started to come off within a few weeks or so. Also, the edges of the screen protector do not stick all the way down on the screen, so you can literally "see" the edges of the protector. I will be trying a different company next.
    02-07-09 11:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD