I've had my 9700 for a few months now....and am very unhappy with the screen protectors I bought at the TMO store.

I'm thinking of buying a hard case for the phone, preferably one with a holster (I'm currently using the leather pouch that came with the phone). Any suggestions? Do you need a screen protector with the case, or will it cover the screen as well?

I'm not much of a "phone dropper" but I would like something to protect both the screen and the phone. There are soooo many soft/hard cases out there, I'm not sure which one is in my best interest.

I'd love to hear to pros and cons of the cases out there so I can make a decision. Thanks!
    02-03-10 10:08 AM
    I use a otterbox defender and really love it it comes with a built in screen protector along with a holster
    02-03-10 10:14 AM
    I use a otterbox defender and really love it it comes with a built in screen protector along with a holster
    +1

love mine

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

02-03-10 10:16 AM
    + 1

Ordered mine, just cant wait for it to get here.
    02-03-10 10:56 AM
    +1

Otterbox Defender on mine.

Pros
    Soft rubber exterior for drop protection
    Built in clear screen protector that you don't have to carefully apply to the screen
    Nice keyboard protection that fits on very snugly
    Snapped together easily
    Includes a removable holster/belt clip

Cons
    The exterior collects lint etc being rubber so I have to clean it fairly often
    I somehow manage to always get little hairs and dust under the built in screen protector that I have to blow out
    Makes the phone bulkier but really I don't think it makes it too bulky, I can still fit it in my jeans pocket
    No access to the charging prongs for charge dock use at the bottom

If you get one do a Google search for "Otterbox coupon codes" as I found a 20% off code that way when I ordered mine so it was $32.
    02-03-10 11:16 AM
    What's a good screen protector to get for this Bold? I heard the screen protectors for the 8900 also work.
    02-03-10 11:27 AM
    ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | BlackBerry Bold 9700 Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

Zagg makes both a screen protector and full body cover. I've never used them but am thinking of getting the screen protector. It's a little expensive but with a coupon it's about $15.00.

I need to search the board for people who use it.
    02-03-10 11:41 AM
    I'd love to hear to pros and cons of the cases out there so I can make a decision. Thanks!
    I use ...

1.) The OEM leather case on my belt
    2.) A T-Mobile screen protector for the screen
    3.) An Epic Pro clear case for the whole phone

All of this works great for me.
    02-03-10 11:44 AM
    I use ...

hey does ur phone in the epik case fit in ur 9700 oem holster??
    02-03-10 11:47 AM
    Zagg makes both a screen protector and full body cover. I've never used them but am thinking of getting the screen protector. It's a little expensive but with a coupon it's about $15.00.
    Zagg is ridiculously overpriced and there is no need to waste money paying their overinflated prices. If you want the same full body film covering, use Best Skins Ever. Same stuff at 25% of the cost.

Personally, I don't think full film skins are needed on the 9700 if you use an Epik case which I do. The Ekik cases are much nicer looking than the film and last a whole lot longer.
    02-03-10 11:48 AM
    hey does ur phone in the epik case fit in ur 9700 oem holster??
    Yes. Perfectly. Highly recommended.
    02-03-10 11:49 AM
    +1!!

10 chars
    02-03-10 11:52 AM
    Zagg is ridiculously overpriced and there is no need to waste money paying their overinflated prices. If you want the same full body film covering, use Best Skins Ever. Same stuff at 25% of the cost.

Personally, I don't think full film skins are needed on the 9700 if you use an Epik case which I do. The Ekik cases are much nicer looking than the film and last a whole lot longer.
    I wasn't looking at the case, just the screen protector. I'm not interested in a body case unless I can find one that will allow me to use the charging dock without having to remove it. I bought a Seidio case and was told I could but I couldn't so I returned it. I'm pretty good with the phone, it's the screen I want to keep in good condition.
    02-03-10 12:20 PM
    I use ...

Where can I find the EPIC PRO case online? It didn't jump right out at me when looking at both the crackberry accessories, as well as doing a quick search on amazon.com.
    02-03-10 12:29 PM
    I wouldn't recommend getting a Zagg Invisible Shield. I got one for my iPod Touch and keep in mind I'm a very careful and OCD person so I followed the instructions to the letter and took my time and did it in a clean environment and it had multiple particles stuck under it and you can't get them off because it's so sticky. It's such a pain too you have to use this sponge and solution they give you to even put it on, and also it had bad orange peel so I peeled it off and sent it in for a refund and put on a cheapo one I got from Wal Mart on and it looks and worked great. I would never buy one of those again.
    02-03-10 12:31 PM
    You can't go wrong with otterbox! Plus they have amazing customer service!
    02-03-10 01:22 PM
    I've ordered an otterbox defender as well. Am quite anxious to receive it, my work environment is nasty. Wid blueberry farm / mechanic. And lots of other things too numerous to mention.

02-03-10 01:52 PM
    Yes. Perfectly. Highly recommended.
    Glad you said that. I should be getting mine either today or tomorrow.
    02-03-10 04:25 PM
    is there a case that works with either of the docking stations?
    02-03-10 04:43 PM
    ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | BlackBerry Bold 9700 Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

I need to search the board for people who use it.
    it isnt expensive. itz worth the cost.
    02-04-10 08:05 PM
    Since I got my 9700 last month, I've been using an Otterbox Commuter case and have been quite happy with it. Good protection and feels good though the silicon covers for the USB port and the headset port are a bit fiddly. However, today I received an Innocase 2 case and docking station. The case fits extremely well, looks sharp, and feels very good. All the controls and ports are easily accessible and it fits perfectly in the OEM BB case that the device came with. The docking station works well and the power cable on my dresser is looks purposeful ( ). I've been using a Zagg screen protector and, yes, it was pricey; but it gives good protection and was absolutely no problem installing by just following the instructions. Zero air bubbles.
    02-04-10 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD