The Seido spring-lock holster has gone from "Under Development" to "Limited Quantity Shipping Now" or something like that.

Just a heads up.

Apologies if this is old news. Search returned nothing.
    07-31-09 03:22 PM
    thanks for the heads up
    07-31-09 03:25 PM
    don't those scratch your phone up?
    07-31-09 03:35 PM
    I guess I'll find out. Was that the case Seido cases with other BB models? I thought this was supposed to be the bomb *** holster?
    07-31-09 03:39 PM
    I've had this holster before for a WinMo phone and it was awesome. The felt-like lining works great. Seidio does the spring holster right imho.
    07-31-09 04:33 PM
    don't those scratch your phone up?
    Jury is still out on that......the Seidio holster I had for my 8330 wore away the paint at the top of the phone by the speaker opening. But it was nothing serious at all and I believe it was mainly due to the snug fit of the holster. The Seidio holster I had with my 8830 on the other hand did not cause any issues with paint wearing out and was also a tight fit. I'm sure I will be purchasing this holster but have to convince myself it's worth spending almost $40 for a holster that is not universal and will need to be replaced when I move on to my next device, which will be within a year......LOL!!
    07-31-09 04:37 PM
    i have the holster already,just as good as the one i had for my curve.
    08-01-09 04:17 AM
    Your phone will not jump out and try to commit suicide in this clip. I have one for my curve. I was always worried the phone was going to fall out because the only thing holding it in is a little spring hinge at the top. After months of use I never had any problems. Best clip out there IMO. I need to get one for my tour.
    08-01-09 06:21 AM
    i had a clip similar to that one for my curve and it scratched the paint off the top and bottom, but it fit and held great.

I would really like another clip like that for my tour, but i don't want to scratch my new phone all up. hopefully they don't scratch the phone
    08-01-09 08:51 AM
    I have used Seidio products for quite a whille now. The one for Tour (just got yesterday) is a major improvement from their past holsters. This one has a cool "lock" function. The holster already is pretty secure without, however there are times that I am doing something and worry about accidentally doing something and it could fall out. This one has a cool slide that is on the clip that when activated, the clip will NOT release the phone. Nice touch IMHO.

As far as scratching, I used this on my STORM naked for a few months with no scratches. I am kinda carefull putting in the holster. With my STORM I was initially worried about the front of the phone (above the ear speaker) but that never happened.

I did move to a INCIPIO FEATHER for the STORM and the Seidio Innocase Holster as well and it worked perfectly. I am waiting for Seidio to release that holster and then get the Incipio for my TOUR. I do not like ALWAYS being naked.
    08-01-09 09:12 AM
    what is the tension like when inserting/removing the phone from the case? I had a clip for my curve that wouldn't fall out, but it took nearly no effort to remove the phone. the verizon clip is so tough to remove the phone its rediculous!
    08-11-09 09:38 AM
    what is the tension like when inserting/removing the phone from the case? I had a clip for my curve that wouldn't fall out, but it took nearly no effort to remove the phone. the verizon clip is so tough to remove the phone its rediculous!
    No problems what so ever. The tension is high. Also like I said, it has a lock feature now.
    08-11-09 09:39 AM
    It's easy to get it out with one hand. With my 8830 I felt like I needed two hands to get it out. I keep it naked in the holster. So far it it pretty gentle on the phone. No danger or scratching or scuffing from repeated use yet. I'm keeping an eye on it to be sure.

Yeah, it doesn't slap down on the phone, but once it's on it's on. And getting it off you only have to move it like a half centimeter maybe.

I like it.
    08-11-09 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD