I bought the Blackberry brand leather case. Is the invisible shield necessary?
    08-27-09 04:20 PM
    The leather case does not protect the screen while in use so my answer is yes

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 04:22 PM
    Which BB leather case? The one with the flap cover or the slip-in? If its the latter, be careful when inserting it since the buttons have been known to get caught on the opening and tear off. May want to consider inserting it backwards from what I hear.

A Invisible Shield isn't necessary, of course, but, again, added protection never hurts. May protect the phone while out of the case, in use or in between, but keep in mind that the added thickness may make it more difficult to put inside the case, especially the slip-in.

Personally, I don't use any added protection other than a screen protector; I'm careful like that.
    08-27-09 04:25 PM
    I bought the Blackberry brand leather case. Is the invisible shield necessary?
    It all depends on how anal you are about your phone. It put an invisible shield on it back in december, then got rid of it in January. I felt like it reduced the sensitivity just a fraction enough to become an annoyance. It also lessened my ability to swipe in humidity, as well as collected fingerprints.

I've been naked since January, and just throw the thing in my pocket with my keys, spare change, and a Kershaw knife. You wouldn't believe how tough the touch screen is. You would have to TRY to scratch it, and an invisible shield wouldn't stop the screen from cracking in the event of an accident.

But again, it's up to you.
    08-27-09 04:52 PM
    I don't find a screen protector necessary at all. This isn't a plastic screen and thus it is just money spent.
    08-27-09 04:53 PM
    I don't find a screen protector necessary at all. This isn't a plastic screen and thus it is just money spent.
    +1. I don't have a case OR screen protector.

You may be able to convince me about the value of a case, it's just that I prefer to not use one. Now, as far as the screen protector goes though, if I can beat the h3ll out of mine the way I have and yet there is still not a single scratch on it...then no, there's no way you can convince me that it is necessary. Anything that can really damage the screen won't be stopped by a protector, IMO.
    08-27-09 05:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD