So I've had my Curve for a month now. 3 weeks ago I bought a generic holster for it for $7 at a local flea market. It's been fine but has left 3 very minor scratches/dents in the parts where the holster touches the phone.

Then, earlier tonight while I was out to dinner taking it out of the holster, it broke! I have pictures to help explain.

This first one shows you the piece that broke off. It's the one that the BB snaps into and holds the phone. Well it snapped right off when I took the phone out! I taped the piece back on so you could see what it looks like normally.

Here's what it looks like now and the piece is sitting next to it there. You can see the empty space where the piece was.

Sooo... I guess that's the price paid for Generic products huh? Good thing I only spent $7.

I guess I'll buy what I was originally going to get but didn't to try and save some money which was the Seidio Spring-Clip Holster. Also interested in the Innocase Surface Combo. Can anyone recommend that? Is it worth to get the innocase skin or whatever that is along with the holster?
    09-27-08 12:36 AM
    you get what you pay for. sorry that happened to ya man
    09-27-08 02:01 AM
    The clip on the original BB holster breaks easily as well. Its just a poor design. I think the horizontal ones are better.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-08 02:14 AM
    Never look for a cheap way out, I never ever buy stuff from the flea market.

09-27-08 02:14 AM
    Definetley get what you pay for, but I too frequently have bought cheap accessories in the past since I change phones so often.
    09-27-08 02:36 AM
    That's why I always buy oem anything! They do that on purpose so you continually comeback and fork over 7$

09-27-08 04:29 AM
    Yeah, what GREG24 said! ;0)
    09-27-08 01:54 PM
    Thanks everyone.

So I needed something for earlier tonight, so I stopped at a Sprint store in the afternoon and for $20 got 2 hard cases. 1 is clear plastic and the other is black and the black 2 piece hard skin looks like Seidios innocase kinda.

I figure these will hold me over till I can order something from Seidio or the CB store.
    09-28-08 12:54 AM
    I have a seidio rubberized case. I really like their stuff. I had one on my 1st gen iPhone also.

09-28-08 01:44 AM
    o well... it was only $7 =P
    09-29-08 03:48 AM
    o well... it was only $7 =P
    Yeah that's what made it a little easier to handle.

09-29-08 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD