04-16-10 08:50 AM
39 12
tools
    I'm surprised no one has mentioned any of the Shure, Etymotic, Future Sonic, or Ultimate Ears cans. They're definitely the high end of the headphone market but if you're really looking for a good pair of headphones these are where you should be looking if you've got the cash to spend.

I personally own the Shure SE530's and they're incredible with just about any source. They go well with the Blackberry but of course you don't want to feed them 128K mp3s. The higher end require higher quality source material or you'll hear every compression artifact.
    Nice choice with the SE530s.

I use UE 5EBs myself and V-moda vibes for the gym.

However, do any of the companies above make headsets? I believe the OP wanted a headset, not just earbuds, which is why I suggest Klipsch s4i or s2m.
    04-11-10 04:46 PM
    I got a pair of JBuds on Amazon for $9.99 shipped with my Prime membership. They aren't PREMIUM earbuds but they sound better than my $30 Koss. They totally blow the BB headphones away.
    Last edited by dchawk81; 04-11-10 at 04:52 PM.
    04-11-10 04:47 PM
    I use Sennheiser CX300 MkII with my Bold and my iPod Touch. They're a lovely sounding pair of headphones, for in-ears. Only paid 20 for them, too. I've even tried some of my 'proper' Sennheiser and Grado headphones with the Bold, and it held up pretty well. They are obviously for Hi-Fi use though, and far too big for portable use.

Mark.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-11-10 06:11 PM
    I like my bose earbuds, expensive but totally worth it.
    04-12-10 05:04 AM
    It really depends on how much U spend.. What type of music do u listen to most? If U like Bass.. I say go with V-MODA or Monster Dre Beats or the Klipsch.

I personally would go with V-MODA they got great Bass or Dre Beats, they're expensive, but monster has great customer service that will replace wires and all that good stuff.

But overal performance if you want your highs, mids, and bass.. I would say Shure. BOSE is cool if u like mids and highs. The bass on BOSE SUCKS!

I say get a good pair of Ear Buds/Headphones because you can use it for you mp3 or laptop and all that good stuff. Good luck find a pair.
    04-12-10 05:22 AM
    If you were satisfied with the earphones that came with the phone, any one within the 15-30 dollars range should be fine for you.

Bose In-Ears have a terrible fit. The fit does not isolate sound, so you will hear background noise.

Shure has an alright entry level product, I believe it's SE115? The foams are good and easy to get use to, their noise cancellation is awesome. But the sound quality is not worth the ~100 dollars range.

Klipsch suits me the best. It is very light. The gels that came with the earphones didn't fit me well, so I used the Shure foams on them. Perfect and well worth the price.

If you decide to spend some money on in-ear earphones, never go with Bose. Noise-cancelling headsets maybe. But please, stay away from Bose.
    04-12-10 05:53 AM
    I have a pair of Dr Dre Beats Tour Editions.

yeah i got the same pair, there great

It really depends on how much U spend.. What type of music do u listen to most? If U like Bass.. I say go with V-MODA or Monster Dre Beats or the Klipsch.

I personally would go with V-MODA they got great Bass or Dre Beats, they're expensive, but monster has great customer service that will replace wires and all that good stuff.

But overal performance if you want your highs, mids, and bass.. I would say Shure. BOSE is cool if u like mids and highs. The bass on BOSE SUCKS!

I say get a good pair of Ear Buds/Headphones because you can use it for you mp3 or laptop and all that good stuff. Good luck find a pair.
    totally agree with you
    04-12-10 10:09 AM
    just my 2 cents,

if you need something immediately, pick up something affordable to hold you over until you can get the SERIOUS earphone/headphones. I researched quite a bit and ended up with the UE TripleFi 10vi earphones with Mic. Its SERIOUS hardware with serious costs however- being patient I was able to get a pair on SALE for a ridiculously low price and the hardware such ear foams, cables, plugs are INTERCHANGABLE, which is a huge PLUS. Also the sound quality is AMAZING. I ended up RE-ripping some old CD's from 192 kbps to 320 kbps because you hear the difference (currently looking at FLAC Players). The 9700 does a great job of playing media files- I current have a 8GB Class 6 microSD holding about 5GB of music and I have absolutely NO ISSUES.
    04-12-10 10:29 AM
    just my 2 cents,

if you need something immediately, pick up something affordable to hold you over until you can get the SERIOUS earphone/headphones. I researched quite a bit and ended up with the UE TripleFi 10vi earphones with Mic. Its SERIOUS hardware with serious costs however- being patient I was able to get a pair on SALE for a ridiculously low price and the hardware such ear foams, cables, plugs are INTERCHANGABLE, which is a huge PLUS. Also the sound quality is AMAZING. I ended up RE-ripping some old CD's from 192 kbps to 320 kbps because you hear the difference (currently looking at FLAC Players). The 9700 does a great job of playing media files- I current have a 8GB Class 6 microSD holding about 5GB of music and I have absolutely NO ISSUES.
    Doubt the op is willing to spend the money for the ue triple fis.

04-12-10 10:51 AM
    Doubt the op is willing to spend the money for the ue triple fis.

They're in the $400 range, I got a new set from Amazon for $100 (plus tax and S/H about $120) during the holidays. It was one of their crazy sales only good for 5 hrs on a particular day.

Hence, if you have some patience it might work out for you. Check out Logicbuy.com - they report a bunch of products on sale and you can set up notifications if prices drop.
    04-12-10 11:05 AM
    They're in the $400 range, I got a new set from Amazon for $100 (plus tax and S/H about $120) during the holidays. It was one of their crazy sales only good for 5 hrs on a particular day.

Hence, if you have some patience it might work out for you. Check out Logicbuy.com - they report a bunch of products on sale and you can set up notifications if prices drop.
    wow $120 shipped? that's a steal!

wish i was that fortunate haha.
    04-16-10 03:41 AM
    $400 for headphones to use just for your BB? The darn phone didn't even cost that much. Jeez.

I say Skullcandy will do. If these are JUST to listen to music on your BB, you can get a decent set for about $15-$30.

If you're going to be more heavy on them - like I use my headset to take calls, listen to my iPod and hook to my laptop - invest in a better pair, like Ultimate Ears MetroFi
    04-16-10 05:37 AM
    wow $120 shipped? that's a steal!

wish i was that fortunate haha.
    Logicbuy.com its a decent service- particularly around the holidays. Like I said, a little patience could pay off.
    04-16-10 08:47 AM
    $400 for headphones to use just for your BB? The darn phone didn't even cost that much. Jeez.

I say Skullcandy will do. If these are JUST to listen to music on your BB, you can get a decent set for about $15-$30.

If you're going to be more heavy on them - like I use my headset to take calls, listen to my iPod and hook to my laptop - invest in a better pair, like Ultimate Ears MetroFi
    They cost $400, I paid about 80% less than sticker cause amazing deal I was able to get in on. And I hate to say it, but they're definitely worth $100+, If I had to pay full retail, I would have never even given them a thought. And yes I got the ones with the mic for calls.
    04-16-10 08:50 AM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD