I used to spend a lot of money on device accessories. I would buy three or four different cases and/or skins, bluetooth headsets, media cards, car mounts, etc. I started to see that I was dropping way too much money on these things and rarely used them after I bought them. I have made a vow not to fall into that trap again. If it doesn't come in the box, I don't need it. Anyone else go crazy over accessories?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-30-10 06:21 AM
    Not crazy but buying some accessories makes life better. My 9000 loves its OEM leather pouch and a pair of charging cradles (one at home and one at work). No other accessories in the stable today.

01-30-10 06:37 AM
    As little as possible. If it ain't in the box it doesn't need it.

01-30-10 06:41 AM
    Nope I just put a screen protector on it and shove it in my pocket. You should look into either selling your extras on ebay or something. They started a thread to donate devices and accessories to people that needed them on here, it is a great idea. I will look for the link.
    01-30-10 06:50 AM
    I bought a seidio innocase with a holster. Do third-party apps count as accessories? I've bought countless apps and premium themes.

01-30-10 07:15 AM
    i bought a OtterBox Defender, but i personally feel EVERY phone needs a case. i will not themes, personal choice. and as far as apps i bought a NetFlix que manager and BeeJive, tis all.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    01-30-10 07:40 AM
    Well, I've spent way to much on screen protectors because I just can't get it right!
    01-30-10 08:19 AM
    Well, I've spent way to much on screen protectors because I just can't get it right!
    LOL-you too? I upgraded from 9000>9700, and the AT&T rep asked me if I wanted a privacy screen, so I said sure (thinking to myself, great, another one to mess up). Before I knew it he installed it for me right there, and NO bubbles, perfectly straight-how did he do that? LOL
    I always get either a case-mate or Seidio for my Berries, right now Im using a Case Mate.
    01-30-10 08:28 AM
    I bought a simple gel skin, charging pod, and a pack of mirrored screen protectors (which I don't recommend). I've paid for a couple apps and a game. Themes don't really interest me.

01-30-10 08:58 AM
    I got the memory card and a full case-mate case for my baby, all I need

01-30-10 09:01 AM
    between apps and cases that i actually like and wanna keep...you dont even wanna know.
    01-30-10 09:09 AM
    I've spent about $100 total on stuff..I found a 16gb card for $50 and have a oem leather pouch and some bb ear buds I found on the web...
    01-30-10 09:12 AM
    I bought a skin and screen protectors for my tour, but I find that I don't use the skin because its so damn difficult to get in and out of my pocket on a regular basis, and the protectors always have the bubbles in it so I just get annoyed with them and take it off, so 30 well spent!!! LOL

01-30-10 09:18 AM
    I've bought too many accessories and never really ended up using them. To make matters worse, I never keep a particular phone long enough to warrant accessories. I have a gel case for my 9700 and iPhone. I bought the mophie juice pack air for the iPhone because battery life is abysmal. But other than that, I think my accessory days are over.

01-30-10 09:29 AM
    $20 on a memory card, $10 on a holster. That's all it needs.
    01-30-10 09:39 AM
    I bought a damaged 2 pack of silicone skins fairly early last year and gave one to my daughter, and a year later, we're still using both. They're just really good ones and don't pick up a lot of lint.

Added charging pods, media cards, and a solid pouch, which also carries my spare battery. I'd like to replace my lower end Bluetooth with a better one, but life has other priorities right now.

But, Amazon.com is one of my favorites for new goodies, and doesn't cost me a thumb (more vital than a leg, I have a BlackBerry, after all ).

01-30-10 10:09 AM
    i buy most of the things on ebay so its way cheaper lol
    01-30-10 12:42 PM
    Something like that but I used to go crazy on cases for my iPod touch.
    I had like 6 almost 7 cases & my mom would freak and ask why I want all those case for.

So far for the blackberry...
    I just bought me one case for my blackberry when I first got it.
    Now all I want is...Bluetooth headset, Another cute case probably from an online store & A biggr GB memory card.
    02-02-10 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD