Just curious how many bold users use the otterbox defender case? I just ordered the yellow one for my bold.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 08:19 PM
    I use mine all the time its bulky but I wouldn't want it any other way. My bold looks like it just came out of its original box

02-22-09 08:33 PM
    I've used the impact series, but its not for me. I can't wait to get my hands on the defender though

02-22-09 08:45 PM
    I have big hands and a bad habbit of dropping stuff, so bulky is good ;P

02-22-09 08:45 PM
    I have used one for over a month and like it. I took the plastic inner liner off, thought, because it impeded my view of the screen. If you use your phone a lot and don't have to pocket it, this is a great case. My only complaint is that the silicon outer liner stretches a bit but on the whole I am happy with it.

02-22-09 08:53 PM
    Well I pocket mine quite a bit, but it should be fine.. And if not I can always sell it :P

02-22-09 09:09 PM
    Have the otterbox for the curve. Great case. Going to try the case mate smart skin for the bold.
    02-22-09 09:38 PM
    I was going to buy a casemate for my bold but they're all backordered for 4 weeks except for purple.. And well, I'm a man. I don't do purple.

02-22-09 09:42 PM
    i bought a brand new 8350 i nextel blackberry phone and what a frickin mess when i got a new otterbox case cover for it !!!!!! it made my brandnew phone not work correctly and it was echooooooing really bad !!!!!!!!! i cant believe that otter box is aware of this matter and hasnt recalled them and still push them ou t to their retailers!! whats going to happen when someone loved ones trys to make a emergency and or life threating call with this otterbox case on theyre phone ans nobody on the 911 people can understand them !!! i love the design of the case and it a pisser to know this cover not going to work with my phones !! this is the other kicker to the whole picture, ive got over 800 8350i phones for my companies as due to the fact im a direct fema contractor !! i lost a job last sat cause the contractor couldnt understand me and by the time i got back with him he had hired another company!!! please save yourselves a biggggggggggggggggggg headache and dont buy otterbox cases for your 8350 i blackberry phones!! if anybody would like to contact me in regards to this matter feel free to call me on my numbers 352 812 2514 or 352 857 0214 my name is chris gilbeert from ocala fla,
    03-01-09 09:08 PM
    I started using otterbox with my pearl, then curve, now bold. As has been mentioned there is an echo issue but, with the bold at least, its not that bad. You can't use speaker phone with it because of the bold's air/sound port design but nothing protects better! And the screen protector layer is not noticable if you use a tiny bit of water/soap on the screen when you put it on

03-03-09 08:04 AM
    Nextel has a fix coming out in March to fix a known echo issue. Not sure if it will help with the compatibility for the Outter box and the 8350i. I too tried one and its sitting in my drawer. I am now using the Rugged brand case available on Crackberry and so far so good.
    03-03-09 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD