I just got a skin for my Pearl 8120 from bestskinsever, and in the instructions it says to let the skin set up for 24 hours before turning on the device. I don't have another phone available to swap my sim card for a day, so I was wondering, will it be alright to let the skin set up overnight (8 hours or so)? I need my phone for tomorrow, but I also don't want the skin application to get messed up.
    09-02-08 04:20 PM
    I've always just let mine sit overnight. It did just fine
    09-02-08 04:27 PM
    I applied my BSE and was using my Curve within an hour

The BSE will still set up during normal use... and the bubbles will self heal and you will be left with a flawless application! You can even speed up the process a little bit by using a blow drier on medium heat (and not for a long time or at a close distance!!!!)

I did not use the blow drier, but many people I know did!
    09-02-08 04:40 PM
    I use mine immediately right after. It takes 24-48 hours for the skin to dry correctly.
    09-02-08 04:42 PM
    I used mine within 20 minutes...no probs at all. Did that for both my BBs.
    09-02-08 04:46 PM
    Are these skins just the rubber case?
    09-02-08 05:48 PM
    Thanks for all the help. One last question about applying the skin: I was going to use baby shampoo, because that's what the instructions recommend. But the only baby shampoo I have is a berry baby shampoo that's blue in color. Is that OK to use, or will my phone look bluish if I apply the skin with this shampoo? I have other soaps, like hand and dish soap. Would those work better?
    09-02-08 06:26 PM
    Are these skins just the rubber case?
    They are a very durable, self-healing, scratch-resistant "film" that is applied over your screen (or the full body, minus rubber bumpers) to protect your device.

Best Skins Ever, Inc. Home Page

Thanks for all the help. One last question about applying the skin: I was going to use baby shampoo, because that's what the instructions recommend. But the only baby shampoo I have is a berry baby shampoo that's blue in color. Is that OK to use, or will my phone look bluish if I apply the skin with this shampoo? I have other soaps, like hand and dish soap. Would those work better?
    I used dish soap... worked fine!!
    09-02-08 06:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD