04-04-11 05:52 PM
53 123
tools
    Yeah I charge it every day when I sleep. Multiple OS installs, battery pulls, constant surfing. It has lasted as long as expected

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

oh fair enough. couldnt ask for more i guess.
    03-07-11 05:31 AM
    It's hard to tell from the photo but will it still sit in a charging pod?
    03-07-11 11:43 AM
    It's hard to tell from the photo but will it still sit in a charging pod?
    Yes it does. I charge it in the 9650 pod all the time!
    trucky likes this.
    03-07-11 11:58 AM
    Cool beans, Thanks!
    03-07-11 12:44 PM
    Any one found a hard case that will fit the Bold with the extended battery? I prefer to use a holster and not the top loading pouch. The otterbox is a little much for day to day use. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    03-08-11 04:10 AM
    Any one found a hard case that will fit the Bold with the extended battery? I prefer to use a holster and not the top loading pouch. The otterbox is a little much for day to day use. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    If you are talking about the otterbox defender case I would agree, but I like my otterbox commuter case. Its the only extended battery solution I know of, unless Seidio has something. I've not liked their cases lately so I haven't kept up with their offerings.

03-08-11 04:15 AM
    kinda wondering if the bold 9000 oem pouch will fit the extended batt. im gonna try it when i get it. have one lying around.
    03-08-11 06:17 AM
    just got the batt. is there any specific thing i need to do when i first use it? i remember the bold 9700 i had to drain it down to nothing for the first 5 uses.

and how do you take off the batt door ? lol
    03-20-11 05:41 PM
    just keep it on the charger for 8 hours befor you use it.

to get it off you need to slide the thing like the original battery but slide your fingernail under it and pry open.
    after awhile you will be able to slide the pin and pull hard enough with you fingr=ernail under the slide and it will come right off.

it is a pain in the **** at first.
    LOY80Y likes this.
    03-20-11 06:46 PM

to get it off you need to slide the thing like the original battery but slide your fingernail under it and pry open.
    after awhile you will be able to slide the pin and pull hard enough with you fingr=ernail under the slide and it will come right off.

if im looking at the back does it slide down or up? forgot already. its so tight!

afraid ill break the latch
    03-20-11 06:49 PM
    i jinxed it! snapped abit off my damn latch!!!! anyone have probs with it?

any solutions on putting a new latch? ive read on other topics this is a known issue

burning right now.!!!!
    03-21-11 03:08 AM

Some reason this slipped my mind as I was tryna get my back cover off and was pissed that the latch snapped abit. forgot to charge my batt for 8 hours. I just left it on till it died. That bad?

With standard batts that come with my phone brand new I usually discharge it till it dies and charge it.

Mate goes it should be fine as he had a 1650 seidio for his bold and did it that way. I've heard mixed things n I remembered my old 1750 for my bold I think I did charge it for 8 hours, ran it dead and fully charged it 5 times to settle it. Can't remember that exactly as it was ages ago.

Last edited by LOY80Y; 03-21-11 at 07:11 AM.
    03-21-11 07:01 AM
    do you happen to have an otterbox commuter case for the phone? i use that with the ext battery. you dont need the batt back for that.
    03-21-11 09:47 AM
    thats what i do with my ext battery. almost like its not there except the weight.

i would call seidio and say what happened. usually they are good within the first 30-90 days.
    03-21-11 09:48 AM
    do you happen to have an otterbox commuter case for the phone? i use that with the ext battery. you dont need the batt back for that.
    Nah but I might end up doing so as I've heard bad things about the batt door. Sucks coz I ordered a dock too.
    03-21-11 03:05 PM
    thats what i do with my ext battery. almost like its not there except the weight.

i would call seidio and say what happened. usually they are good within the first 30-90 days.
    Yea I've sent an email to them. Gonna cost me a lot to call specially if they take awhile coz I'm in australia. Lol.
    03-21-11 03:07 PM

is that the thinnest case i can put on the phone with the extended? ive heard ppl use the defender but seems to bulky.

from least to most protective would be impact, commuter and defender.
    03-21-11 07:57 PM
    I just received mine today from amazon. I ordered the 2600. This has fitment issues as it does not sit flush on one side no matter how many times I take it out and put it back in. That also makes it not work in my charging cradles also purchased from amazon when I first bought this phone. The battery will be going back. Bummer
    03-25-11 03:02 PM
    Well after wrestling with this some more its all good now. The back cover fits snug to say the least and I pulled the pins out on the charging cradle a little more and it seems to work great now. I really didnt want to send this back so im glad.
    03-26-11 11:15 AM
    Well after wrestling with this some more its all good now. The back cover fits snug to say the least and I pulled the pins out on the charging cradle a little more and it seems to work great now. I really didnt want to send this back so im glad.
    thats odd. coz i just received my new dock and work perfectly when i docked it. so glad it sits there perfectly without any issues.

i guess as long as it works.
    03-29-11 06:40 AM
    is that the thinnest case i can put on the phone with the extended? ive heard ppl use the defender but seems to bulky.

from least to most protective would be impact, commuter and defender.
    it is pretty much the thinnest wy to carry the phone with the battery. dont mind the other random twitter pics but here are some pics i took some ppl on twitter
    Twitpic / eve6er69

it is pretty much like having the otterbox on a normal 9650 but with a tiny bulge on the back and of course the weight.

the pics show the alterations you have to do to make it fit. you just have to cut a hole around the battery in the interior rubber section. you dont see it once the plastic outer cover goes on.
    i go back and forth between using the otterbox and the naked extended with the seidio belt clip.
    03-29-11 09:50 PM
    it is pretty much the thinnest wy to carry the phone with the battery. dont mind the other random twitter pics but here are some pics i took some ppl on twitter
    Twitpic / eve6er69

it is pretty much like having the otterbox on a normal 9650 but with a tiny bulge on the back and of course the weight.

the pics show the alterations you have to do to make it fit. you just have to cut a hole around the battery in the interior rubber section. you dont see it once the plastic outer cover goes on.
    i go back and forth between using the otterbox and the naked extended with the seidio belt clip.
    Thanks for the pics! That's the otterbox commuter?? Did u put the cutout of the rubber piece and the cardboard in the casing? I saw the video of it. Just wondering if that makes and diff?

03-30-11 03:39 PM
    yes it is the commuter. i have no idea what you are talking about the cardboard thing. i just took an xacto knife and cut around the battery while the rubber piece is on the phone.
    then like i said the plastic piece goes over it and covers up the gaping hole, lol
    04-01-11 09:24 PM
    yes it is the commuter. i have no idea what you are talking about the cardboard thing. i just took an xacto knife and cut around the battery while the rubber piece is on the phone.
    then like i said the plastic piece goes over it and covers up the gaping hole, lol
    There was a video on another topic similar to this. He was saying to put the cardboard piece that came with the otterbox and the spare rubber piece that was cut out and put it below the batt so it looks flush. Was a video that he was using a knife and failed to cut. Lol.

Cool. I'll order the otterbox so by the time I get back from holidays its here. Thanks

04-01-11 09:31 PM
    That's funny. I am not that anal to worry about flushness like that. It does bulge a little but not enough for me to care. I could always take a heat gun to it and form it to but again not that anal or bad.
    Not a problem man. If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

04-01-11 11:29 PM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD