04-04-11 05:52 PM
53 123
tools
    im planning to buy an extended battery for my 9650 im about to get.

just curious as to how long would a 1700 and a 2600 seidio battery on average will last.

i mainly use bbm, fb and get alot of work emails. i have the occasion of the odd few calls and smses. i may use it to listen to music on the way home from work.

i currently have the torch and the pearl and ive tested both out doing what i usually do. from 6:45AM-6:30PM are the times i use my bb alot. at the end of the working day my torch would be around 30-40% and my pearl would be abit higher approx 35-45%.

i had a 1750 seidio battery on a 9700 and got about 35-45% batt left but that was running OS5.

i wish i could get an extended seidio batt for the torch or at least the pearl but they have not released one i dont think. reason why i bought the bold 9650 for work purposes. got a good deal on it anyways.
    02-27-11 03:32 AM
    I have the 2600mah one, it would last me two days to three with normal to moderate usage.
    02-27-11 06:03 AM
    On a 9650 it would be difficult to kill a 2600mah battery in a day unless you are doing nothing but web with everything else.
    02-27-11 06:50 AM
    I use the 1700mAh battery and it easily gets me throuigh a day of heavy use with about 30% remaining at the end of the day.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-27-11 08:08 AM
    With the OEM battery and OS6 I wouldn't make it the day. I got the 2600 and even with very heavy usage I'm still at 60%. When I have light to moderate usage it lasts 3 days. I could probably get away with the 1700 but I like knowing I won't have to worry about my BB dying no matter how much usage I have in any given day. I actually like the added bump on the back. I have huge hands and it feels more solid with the added depth. It still fits the standard cradle too. Their holster is best on the market too even if it's a little pricey.
    02-27-11 08:14 PM
    lets just say i streamed pandora on my phone for 10 hours straight with the 2600 battery and i came home with 20ish so percent left. this battery is amazing.
    i still had 40 percent left after i drove from PA to MA for 7 hours straight.

nothing beats it. spend the extra 10 or 20 bucks and get the 2600.
    02-27-11 10:34 PM
    I also got the Seidio 2600mah today from amazon (it's 50 bucks with free shipping - 2 day with prime account - which is free with a .edu email!). Sprint's BB 9650 battery life sucks compared to my AT&T BB 9700 that I switched over from last week. This battery will more than compensate for that though
    Last edited by DrJeff; 02-28-11 at 12:57 AM.
    02-28-11 12:40 AM
    okay. I had NO idea I could use a different battery in my Bold! Are there any limitations?
    02-28-11 12:55 AM
    No but typically you'll have to use a new, thicker battery cover. Here is a picture I found online
    02-28-11 12:59 AM
    I have the 2600mah one, it would last me two days to three with normal to moderate usage.
    On a 9650 it would be difficult to kill a 2600mah battery in a day unless you are doing nothing but web with everything else.
    cool thanks i needed to know what i should be expecting on average.

With the OEM battery and OS6 I wouldn't make it the day. I got the 2600 and even with very heavy usage I'm still at 60%. When I have light to moderate usage it lasts 3 days. I could probably get away with the 1700 but I like knowing I won't have to worry about my BB dying no matter how much usage I have in any given day. I actually like the added bump on the back. I have huge hands and it feels more solid with the added depth. It still fits the standard cradle too. Their holster is best on the market too even if it's a little pricey.
    wow thats what i like to see if i do get it. hehehe.

I use the 1700mAh battery and it easily gets me throuigh a day of heavy use with about 30% remaining at the end of the day.

yea thats what i got from my 1750 batt for my bold 9700. but im thinking i should go for a longer lasting one coz theres some weekends where i never go home for over a day i a get upset because my blackberry has died.
    02-28-11 06:17 AM
    No but typically you'll have to use a new, thicker battery cover. Here is a picture I found online
    just another question. only thing im worried is the size factor. is it a noticeable difference that makes the phone chunkier? or does it make the phone feel more solid, etc? in addition the battery door does it feel secure and it is not hard for it to put on and off the phone?

if i do consider the 2600 seidio the next question is a suitable case? oem pouch will fit? im leaning to a no atm. lol.
    02-28-11 06:19 AM
    just another question. only thing im worried is the size factor. is it a noticeable difference that makes the phone chunkier? or does it make the phone feel more solid, etc? in addition the battery door does it feel secure and it is not hard for it to put on and off the phone?

if i do consider the 2600 seidio the next question is a suitable case? oem pouch will fit? im leaning to a no atm. lol.
    It is a bigger than our std battery, but to me it makes it feel more natural and comfortable in the hand. The battery door is securely on and it may take a sec more than your std door to get it to release. I use the OEM pouch and many other cases with out a problem.
    02-28-11 06:54 AM
    I'm surprised people are having battery issues.

I get nearly two full days - with the STANDARD RIM battery.

If I need more juice, I charge as I go (car/computer).

For emergencies, I always carry one (sometimes two) extra RIM batteries in my bag (which are at various states of charge).

The Seidio batteries are good, but expensive.
    02-28-11 08:59 AM
    lets just say i streamed pandora on my phone for 10 hours straight with the 2600 battery and i came home with 20ish so percent left. this battery is amazing.
    i still had 40 percent left after i drove from PA to MA for 7 hours straight.

nothing beats it. spend the extra 10 or 20 bucks and get the 2600.
    What they said!!!!^^^^
    I had two of the regualar batteries and some days had to change to get through the day. I hated carrying an extra battery. I bought the extended and now I can go for 2 days without charging if I want to. HEAVY BBM, streaming music, calls, a lot of changing wallpaper, taking screen shots, etc...
    You can't run through the extended in a day if you tried!

I am a woman and I also like the extra heft of the battery. It feels easier to hold and actually looks streamlined.

Very happy with it!
    02-28-11 10:34 AM
    What they said!!!!^^^^
    I had two of the regualar batteries and some days had to change to get through the day. I hated carrying an extra battery. I bought the extended and now I can go for 2 days without charging if I want to. HEAVY BBM, streaming music, calls, a lot of changing wallpaper, taking screen shots, etc...
    You can't run through the extended in a day if you tried!

I am a woman and I also like the extra heft of the battery. It feels easier to hold and actually looks streamlined.

Very happy with it!

lol! thats good to hear. coz theres weekends where i need it to last for more than a day as at times i have no access to a charger.
    03-01-11 03:17 AM
    next question is: a case? prefer a pouch so it goes automatically on stand by but if not anything will do. dont want a holster type.
    03-01-11 03:19 AM
    just got my 9650 and installed 6.0.0.443. so far the battery is dying quite quick. did a batt pull after full charge and lost 5+% of batt life straight away. anyone experiencing this? can this be a defective battery or can it be the current OS im using?

anyone using OS6 that can say which is runnng well for them? dont wanna be buying another batt yet unless i figure out whats happening.
    03-06-11 03:22 AM
    I am running .431 without an issue. I had used .443 for a bit and like it but I found that version would lag on my media files, so I went back to .431.

You say the battery is dying quickly, are you seeing this from normal use or just from your statement about what happened after the battery pull?
    03-06-11 04:01 AM
    I am running .431 without an issue. I had used .443 for a bit and like it but I found that version would lag on my media files, so I went back to .431.

You say the battery is dying quickly, are you seeing this from normal use or just from your statement about what happened after the battery pull?
    yea i found .443 laggy at times.

both actually. comparing it to my other blackberries this has been taking alot of my battery. leaving both my torch, pearl 3g and bold 9650 both on standby doing nothing the 9650 is the worst in batt life.

found it odd losing so much % after a batt pull. none of my other blackberries lost that much.

downgrading a step at a time. trying 436 now (official). ill see how i go. once im satisfied ill buy this batt.

i hope its not my stock batt thats dead. lol.

on .443 using meterberry im losing around 3% an hour (standby). would that seem normal? on average with my other ones its approx less than 2% an hour (standby)
    03-06-11 04:08 AM
    just installed .436 and did a batt pull after full charge. didnt lose any batt life.

biggest test is tomorrow at work. shall see how it goes. if it lasts before lunch with more than 50% then ill order a this batt. hehehe.
    03-06-11 07:06 AM
    I have actually worn out a seidio 2600 battery because I bought it right after getting my Tour, which I got when it launched. So, after about 22 months of use it has degraded to the point of holding less charge than a stock battery. I use my 2600 without a cover and with an Otterbox commuter case with the silicon modded to fit the battery into. You can't tell it has an extended battery unless you pick it up and feel the wiehgt.
    Now, since I need a new battery, without the cover necessarily, I was able to find one for a Curve 8900 for $36 on Amazon. It's the same battery, but the cover won't fit, and I don't need it to.
    03-06-11 08:25 AM
    I decided to go a different route and purchase a clip on holster with a built in battery thats also rechargeable. Its made by CaseMate and I get approx 3 to 4 days of juice with moderate to heavy use (calls,music,text & email) . Draw back ...it takes about 4 hours to charge fully. I got it for $50 from CaseMate
    Last edited by spencerdl; 03-06-11 at 10:20 AM.
    03-06-11 10:17 AM
    I have actually worn out a seidio 2600 battery because I bought it right after getting my Tour, which I got when it launched. So, after about 22 months of use it has degraded to the point of holding less charge than a stock battery. I use my 2600 without a cover and with an Otterbox commuter case with the silicon modded to fit the battery into. You can't tell it has an extended battery unless you pick it up and feel the wiehgt.
    Now, since I need a new battery, without the cover necessarily, I was able to find one for a Curve 8900 for $36 on Amazon. It's the same battery, but the cover won't fit, and I don't need it to.

wow thats weird. are you a heavy user tho?

i guess it all depends on how you used it and charged it. ive heard many things about lengthening the life of a batt. one being killing your battery till its dead every now and then.
    03-07-11 01:56 AM
    I decided to go a different route and purchase a clip on holster with a built in battery thats also rechargeable. Its made by CaseMate and I get approx 3 to 4 days of juice with moderate to heavy use (calls,music,text & email) . Draw back ...it takes about 4 hours to charge fully. I got it for $50 from CaseMate

yea i would go for it but im not a person to actually holster it on my pants. i like to have it in my pocket. and i dont want it to be carrying too many things on me or making it bulkier.

plus i had one incident where my phone dropped out when i i was partying at a club. i didnt know till i got home. lucky it wasnt an expensive phone. still got upset tho.
    03-07-11 01:59 AM
    wow thats weird. are you a heavy user tho?

i guess it all depends on how you used it and charged it. ive heard many things about lengthening the life of a batt. one being killing your battery till its dead every now and then.
    Yeah I charge it every day when I sleep. Multiple OS installs, battery pulls, constant surfing. It has lasted as long as expected

03-07-11 02:13 AM
53 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD