CrackBerry, I just want to say one thing really fast: I LOVE YOU!

ANYWAYS, the CrackBerry store now has the charging cradle in stock (well preorder) along with cases for the Bold 9900/9930.

First: Prices (from shopblackberry.com)

BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900 Charging Pod Bundle: $49.99

BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900 Soft Shell, Black: $19.99

Shipping: (not free)

Total: 69.98 + Shipping

OR

Second: Prices (from shop.crackberry.com)

BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900 Charging Pod Bundle: $39.99

BlackBerry Bold 9930/9900 Soft Shell, Black: $14.95

Shipping: Free if order is over $50 (which it is)

COUPON CODE: cc15 (15% off Accessories Only)

Total: $54.90 - $8.24 (coupon) + $0 (shipping) = $46.66

So you can think of it one of two way... Buy the Charging pod from pretty much anywhere for around $50 (even shop.crackberry.com would cost $45.95 because shipping would not be free)

OR

Buy from shop.crackberry.com with my technique and you are paying the same exact price (even less depending on where you may have bought it from) BUT you get a FREE $20 case.. I mean seriously.. The price wont even be this low for this products in over 6 months (easily) and you can get them before you even have your bold 9900/30 for dirt cheap [:

Hope I helped some people

Picture:

08-12-11 11:25 AM
    Good grief, the same charging pod bundle shows up at $54.99 CAD ... what a rip-off for us, particularly since the Cdn $ is higher than the USD ...
    Jeeze.. Want me to buy you it and you can pay me back? [; lmfaoo Nah but that is pretty BS.

I mean whats minimum wage in Canada though? If I recall correctly, it is a few bucks more than in the states here?
    08-12-11 05:05 PM
    That's all fine and dandy... higher min wage or not...

Cdns get ripped off on tons of products which are the same as the ones sold in the US. The argument in the past has always been "the value of the Canadian dollar vis--vis the Greenback".

Now that the Cdn dollar is above parity for nearly a year now, prices haven't changed in the least bit to reflect the higher purchasing power.

Example:
    - motor vehicles: can run you up to $10,000 more in Canada than the US (same car, same model, same accessories).
    - car parts: anywhere from 20-40% higher in Canada
    - Books, magazines, etc: up to 30% higher in Canada
    - Consumer electronics: up to 50% higher in Canada (in some cases)
    - clothing: up to 40% higher in Canada
    ... list goes on.

Then there are the sales taxes and/or fees to boot...

That's why I'm saying that IT SUCKS to have the same accessory sold by RIM at such drastically different prices (28% higher in Canada in this case) even though the stuff is made in the same Chinese factory and the Canadian dollar carries greater purchasing power than the USD.
    I mean I guess, but at the same time.. I was in Canada the other day for my friends 19th birthday (I live about 25 minutes away from the border) and when we were there, we met a few kids our age. (18-19ish) and they all made around $20 an hour whereas we make $10 an hour IF we are lucky.. more realistically its $8 an hour. I mean sure a lot of that is overpriced, but at the same time you are saying its a 20-50% raise, from what we heard, kids our age are making 120% more an hour than us so technically it is cheaper for you guys. (that is only referring to a kid our age, no idea how the salary is with someone who is actually settled in at their job in Canada).

Imagine how that makes us feel though, making $8 an hour and have to pay $38 for a pint of beer in Canada.. $10 shots.. I mean not everyone is from the states is going to Canada obviously, but its not just minimum wage being higher, the salary is increased because of the prices of stuff in your Country too..
    08-13-11 03:37 PM
    What's worse is that there aren't coupon codes that work on the .ca site.
    08-14-11 04:23 PM
    Just remember that the charging cradle ONLY works with the device naked.

Give me a holster!
    08-14-11 05:18 PM
    What's worse is that there aren't coupon codes that work on the .ca site.
    Oh jeeze that kinda sucks.. Like you cannot go to the .com site and just have it shipped to someone in the US (that you know) and have them ship it to you? I mean I guess that's one way unless it automatically redirects you over to the .ca site when you type in ".com" and of course only if you happened to know someone in the US

Just remember that the charging cradle ONLY works with the device naked.

Give me a holster!
    Yeah, thats why I got soft shell. Kevin said in the video that it was easy to put it on and take it off so I'll just be using the cradle when I take off the case. It worked out to be free anyways so I won't even be mad if I end up not using the case
    Last edited by flip4life4751; 08-14-11 at 05:57 PM.
    08-14-11 05:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD