I listen to music a lot on my 9000...can anyone compare the two in terms of audio quality on the two devices through headphones?

Thanks!
    02-05-10 12:39 PM
    What two devices? You only mentioned one device, your 9000.
    02-05-10 12:50 PM
    I assume he means 9000 vs. 9700, since this is the 9700 hundred forum. I've only owned the 9700, but my understanding is that they aren't vastly different devices, except in terms of the trackball/pad, camera, connectivity, and size. In most other areas, I'd expect them to be pretty comparable.

When people asks me how music sounds on the 9700, my answer is "good enough". IMO, the headphones they ship with it are complete crap (from a music standpoint), but if you get decent or even entry-level headphones, the quality is good enough to get by. If you dig a little deeper, there are some setting options to turn off the volume limiter, and even enhance bass, etc.

The reason I say "good enough" is that 95% of the audio stuff I listen to is limited by it's data quality anyway. A Pandora music stream or iheartradio stream doesn't sound good enough to really obsess over quality anyway...but I still listen to those things because they're things I can only get over a smartphone. Even though I could load up a 16GB microSD card with MP3's, I'd prefer to just carry my 5th gen iPod around with me and use that for music.

But if you're a huge podcast fan (get PodTrapper) or out-of-market radio person, get yourself some headphones or a 3.5mm adapter FM transmitter, and you'll be in heaven.
    02-05-10 01:01 PM
    Ive owned a few 9000's, currently the 9700. The 9700 is a slight bit clearer and louder with the boost on compared to the same settings on the 9000. Not too much difference.
    02-05-10 01:07 PM
    I need to check my settings because I think the volume is loud on the lowest level. Btw I use beats by dre. But overall great sound.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-05-10 01:20 PM
    i find the sound to be better for sure. A lot more clearer imo. I also use a decent set of head phones.
    02-05-10 02:18 PM
    It's decent, but by no means the best digital audio processor. Increase quality by increasing the bit rate rip and premium dual driver IEM's. Bit of a shame that it doesn't support lossless FLAC or Ogg Vorbis. Then again, I'm kind of an Audiophile snob and only listen to lossless, use a portable amp and $300 dual driver IEM's. But, like I said, it's decent and neutral and sounds just fine with a good quality bitrate.
    02-06-10 08:51 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD