How does the optional charging cradle for the 8900 actually charge the battery given there are no metal connections on the case?
    06-08-09 07:12 AM
    There are metal connections... right where the back cover release is.
    06-08-09 07:21 AM
    Its uses the port on your iPhone to connect thru your cigg lighter and charges while u sleep and dream of your iPhones superior intellect.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-08-09 08:11 AM
    Careful with those things. Mine started resetting my phone every time I placed it into the cradle after about 2 weeks. I just stopped using it.
    06-08-09 08:46 AM
    I have been using a charging cradle for months with absolutely no issues.
    06-08-09 09:15 AM
    Likewise Clint, the charging cradle rocks...
    06-08-09 09:20 AM
    Same here, been using it since a week after I got the phone with no issues. The 'bedtime mode' is great, and I love the auto-dimming.
    06-08-09 10:03 AM
    There are no issues with the cradle. I use it every single night and it works great!
    06-08-09 11:08 AM
    How does the optional charging cradle for the 8900 actually charge the battery given there are no metal connections on the case?
    I think it's one of the greatest accessories ever for a Blackberry! No more pluging that mini USB cable in and out to charge. You can just drop the phone in and away it goes charging. Bought on on eBay last week for 12.50 inc. shipping.
    06-08-09 11:08 AM
    Best. Accessory. Ever.

I use it at work actually; nice little flip clock... easy to grab when the blinky light goes off (since the vibe is weak)... and no plugging and unplugging the cable. The only time I need the cable now is at home when I want to sync.
    06-08-09 01:37 PM
    Careful with those things. Mine started resetting my phone every time I placed it into the cradle after about 2 weeks. I just stopped using it.
    Yeah same story here have a cradle best thing i have gotten for my 8900. I would be more worried about the abuse that microUSB port having to plug and unplug everyday. That thing doesnt seem too strong and it is alot harder to get the plug out.
    06-08-09 11:02 PM
    Its uses the port on your iPhone to connect thru your cigg lighter and charges while u sleep and dream of your iPhones superior intellect.

WHAT?!

I dont know about you sometimes
    06-09-09 02:17 AM
    I want one!!!!!!! My only thing with having one would be that I'd have to take off my cover everynight cus mine is a complete back and doesn't have access to the prongs....but I want one!!

06-09-09 02:33 AM
    They're about $10 at Newegg

(dang it, $6 cheaper than when i bought from them a month ago)
    Last edited by Xader; 06-09-09 at 02:40 AM.
    06-09-09 02:38 AM
    If you cannot see the two charging conacts on the back of the phone when you case is on then, you will have to remove the case for charging. In fact the charging cradle is a near perfect fit to the 8900's case so even the thinnest case will prevent the phone from charging via the cradle.

The cradle is totally reliable and prevents weakening the micro USB port for charging. It is the best accessory I own.

I have one for my old 8100 and my wife has one for the 8310.
    06-09-09 02:40 AM
    Darn, was afraid the gel skin wouldn't allow it to work. Phooey!
    06-09-09 03:22 AM
    06-09-09 03:46 AM
    Thanks all! I think I'll order a extended battery/door, charging cradle and a stand alone battery charger for emergencies.
    06-09-09 05:10 AM
    Darn, was afraid the gel skin wouldn't allow it to work. Phooey!
    How long does it take to remove the gel skin, about 3 seconds? I have a gel skin and use my cradle every night.
    06-09-09 10:46 AM
    I love this cradle charger, especially the alarm clock feature when you plug it in. I think this is also way better than the dock that was offered for the 8300 curve. That thing was blindingly bright! This cradle just has like a soft, nightlight off-white hue.
    06-09-09 02:48 PM
    I recently bought an incipio feather case for the 8900....will it be able to charge even though the case is ultra thin? If not id have to take the case off every night which would not be worth the stress involved....
    06-09-09 03:26 PM
    Another 2 thumbs up for the cradle/bedside mode. I use it for my alarm clock and it rocks, the auto dimmer is great. I wish they'd get an OS for the Curve that has it too. btw I don't think any case with work with it. I do have BSE and that's no problem, but Incipio and Seidio won't work. Seidio makes it's own dock charger that works with their case (of course they do).
    06-09-09 03:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD