It absolutely must be protected, because I drop my phones all the time and scratch them up. I'm interested in the full body invisible skin, but it's about $20. Hard cases are unsightly, and rubber cases are hard to pull out of your pocket (and belt case).

What do you guys suggest? Should I just pony up the money for the invisible skin?
    10-03-09 12:57 AM
    The Seido Innocase 360 has been great, it still fits in my pockets just fine - even the tool pocket on side of my jeans.

The only con I can think of with the Innocase is the light from keyboard does not shine through the letters on the keys very well.
    10-03-09 12:59 AM
    I use a leather flip case. It also puts the berry into sleep mode which saves my battery. I like how the keyboard is protected.

I also avoid dropping my Berry and never let lil brats or animals near it. Nothing is more destructive than a toddler with an oral fixation.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-09 01:08 AM
    I use a hard plastic case if I think it might get damaged that night but usually I let it go naked.
    If it does get really scratched up you can always change the housing which makes it look brand new again.
    10-03-09 01:24 AM
    you can but i have an invisible sheild on my curve and i dropped my phone and it didnt stop it from breking and the back piece from being loose i say a skin and the invisible sheild
    10-03-09 01:26 AM
    Use a holster. Those things make you look pro. Lol.
    10-03-09 02:00 AM
    I use one of those BlackBerry gel cases, and a screen protector just in case.

10-03-09 02:09 AM
    I bought an epik case from ebay. Amazing product. It's an iSkin alternative that costs about 4-5 dollars each depending on how many you buy in bulk. Comes in multiple colors and a cool design. Definitely cheaper than buying iSkin and you can get every color on the rainbow for cheap. And I used an invisible shield alternative from BestSkinsEver. great shop for invisible shields at way cheaper prices too.
    10-03-09 03:03 AM
    I use the OEM skin, colour: black for the Curve 8900 and I also got a 3-pack of screen protectors from amazon. I usually have it in my pocket whenever I'm out & about but I make sure to keep my housekeys & any coins far away from that pocket - don't want any scratches on my brand new curve now
    10-03-09 03:43 AM
    I use one of those BlackBerry gel cases, and a screen protector just in case.

This.. I asked at the store what would be best and they said this. If you drop on a hard case depending on how it hits, it can actually make more of an impact. I had a gel case on my old crappy phone (not a BB thats why its crappy ) and I dropped it alot and it would just bounce back. Never got damaged.
    10-03-09 09:23 AM
    Use a silicon case, it helps to make it less slippery too.
    And one that covers the keyboard too, if you want to keep the keyboard to stay clean.
    10-03-09 10:08 AM
    +1 for Best Skins Ever. Cheaper than InvisibleShield and the exact same concept. You won't get a lifetime warranty with BSE, but it's so cheap that I personally don't see why it matters too much.
    10-03-09 03:23 PM
    I have the Zagg full body shield (which I got for free), and the gel skin

10-03-09 05:42 PM
    Usually I just keep it in the pouch that came with it, but I'm debating whether or not to use the Incipio hardcase instead, because I have that as well.
    10-03-09 08:18 PM
    I use the sleeve that came with it. I also have the magnet holster, but I don't like holsters very much. The magnet in the sleeve shuts the screen off so it saves the battery. No accidentally pushing buttons in your pocket. And nothing goes in the same pocket.
    10-03-09 09:32 PM
    I'd suggest the "invisibleshield" and a cheap regular silicone case if you're really paranoid about your phone (me) haha works like a charm! google it
    10-06-09 07:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD