Just a simple question. I don't always want my new txt or email to auto open when I pull the phone out of a magnetic holster.

Can this be stopped not just on Storm but on all BBs?
    07-29-09 01:51 PM
    if you are using os 5.0 there is an option

if you are using any other os there is no option
    07-29-09 01:55 PM
    Cool, just wondering. Can't wait for 5.0 should be fun!

Heard of any apps that do that?
    07-29-09 01:59 PM
    Just a simple question. I don't always want my new txt or email to auto open when I pull the phone out of a magnetic holster.

Can this be stopped not just on Storm but on all BBs?
    There is an option right now. Wait 30 seconds before pulling your BB out of the Holster and the message will not open
    07-29-09 02:52 PM
    if you are using os 5.0 there is an option

if you are using any other os there is no option
    Yes

There is an option right now. Wait 30 seconds before pulling your BB out of the Holster and the message will not open
    and yes.

07-29-09 03:48 PM
    Ironic, was wondering this today as well.

Who said I wanted to read that new text message of mine? X-(
    07-29-09 03:52 PM
    Yes - but some of us don't have alerts on for every email that comes in lest we go postal

So, you grab your berry to send a message, check your calendar, etc., and the damn email is open...again.

Glad they're adding an option for this in 5.x!!!
    07-29-09 04:10 PM
    You know, the more I think of new features being included vs intermittant bugs I've seen in some 4.7 releases it makes me wonder just how must hidden/dormant code is in the current OSs. Take for instance that under 4.7.0.148 and .151 sometimes this feature doesn't work (opening by unholstering right after receipt). Wonder if some of that dormant code is messing up and sometimes thinking it should have the option set "not to open" upon holstering.

Gee, if that's the case, how about just cleaning up the mess RIM? Clean code will mean optimized OS. Oh yeah... and since we all know you can comment out stuff... DON'T COMMENT IT OUT, just remove the incomplete lines of code you don't want to implement yet.

Something to think about...
    07-29-09 07:13 PM
    They just need to keep a "hold" file for each modules code - just containing the procedures that are not in use.

Problem is that the code is probably a spaghetti nightmare. They may not be able to streamline too much for fear of killing some obscure function that relies on the code they want to comment out. If you don't keep meticulous notes and comment your code, something of this scale can get permanently out of hand.
    07-29-09 08:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD