Is there some way to prevent texts from auto opening on my Tour? I keep it in the case, and when I get the gong hit, I pull it out, and it opens the message. Sometimes, I don't want it to open the message. I don't think my Curve did that, but I can't find a setting anywhere to disable that. I searched, but was only able to find into for other BB's, not the tour.
    10-26-09 06:52 PM
    It does that in the first like 15-30 seconds of a new alert. Not sure if you can disable that.
    10-26-09 06:54 PM
    Go to messages, options>general options .. Scroll down to actions. It should say something about opening new messeges when pulled out of holster

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 06:59 PM
    mine does this also, but i have mine set to NOT do this. SMS and MMS>BB Button>Options>General Options>"Auto Open Newest Message After Removing Device From Holster" is set to Never. My Tour has been doing this since day one, even though i have it set not to. i've tried battery pull after battery pull, still nothing. It also doesn't ring in the holster. I get vibrations, but not rings :/ i think it's possessed
    10-26-09 07:25 PM
    You can stop email from doing this. Everything else will open. If you pull the deivce that fast, it figures you want to read the message. The tour is the first device that can do this mail. Maybe the Storm now with the 5.0, but not sure of this yet.
    10-26-09 07:36 PM
    mine does this also, but i have mine set to NOT do this. SMS and MMS>BB Button>Options>General Options>"Auto Open Newest Message After Removing Device From Holster" is set to Never. My Tour has been doing this since day one, even though i have it set not to. i've tried battery pull after battery pull, still nothing. It also doesn't ring in the holster. I get vibrations, but not rings :/ i think it's possessed
    Thanks. I just tried this. We'll see if it works.
    10-26-09 10:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD