My biggest issue in the past with silicone cases is the lint issue. I keep my phone in my pocket and it's amazing the stuff that sticks to the case. It annoys the **** out of me. Should I just stick to my gut and avoid all silicone cases or are these not as bad picking up lint?
    05-23-09 11:30 AM
    I have one and it isn't too bad. The color of mine is black too, so you know that would be the worst.
    05-23-09 11:32 AM
    I wish the Case Mate Smart Skin were available in stores.
    05-23-09 11:38 AM
    I have the Case-Mate smart skin (bought it at the Crackberry store) and it does a great job of not catching lint/dust.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-09 12:08 PM
    the drawback with anything silicone is that it will attract lint. drives me crazy, so when I got my Bold I just keep it naked. now I'm in the whole "why keep the beauty of it covered up all the time" phase, I'd rather admire its looks every time I use it instead of wiping it down trying to get the lint off the skin. personal preference, though. bottom line, they're all lint catchers and it blows.
    05-23-09 12:20 PM
    Lint was my first thought with the case-mate skin but I haven' t had any issues at
    all.

05-23-09 04:00 PM
    i have an OEM silicone skin and doesn't catch anything. its pretty slick, cost me about $6 on eBay.
    05-23-09 04:04 PM
    I alternate between2 rubber skins, one black and one gray. And yeah, they both catch quite a bit of lint, especially because I put the phone in my pocket. Annoying but no way around it, I suppose.

05-23-09 06:54 PM
    The Case-Mate Smart Skin was actually pretty darn good at not catching any lint/dust, and I did use it as a "pocket case".

I've switched over to a Seidio Innocase, just a matter of personal preference.
    05-23-09 07:36 PM
    I have the OEM skin and it really isn't too bad for lint. The bigger problem for me is the scratches. I work in an industrial environment and any grit that I manage to get in my pocket gets trapped between the skin and the bezel. You can now see all the little scratches around the entire front bezel including the screen. The screen that is exposed is pristine though.

They are supposed to protect but sometimes that backfires. I had a similar issue with my Sony Ericsson where the magnetic clasp held onto metal particles and scratched the screen.
    05-23-09 08:14 PM
    I have the OEM silicone skin as well and it's black (probably the easiest to see lint) and it's really not that bad. I also keep my pocket as clean as possible so perhaps that's one factor but even with that said it's really not that, whatever lint gets stuck can easily get removed with a bit of rubbing!
    05-23-09 10:18 PM
    I have the black Case-Mate Smart Skin and it doesn't really get lint on it at all. Very good case.
    05-23-09 11:42 PM
    The Incipio case combines the best of both worlds of a hard case and a rubber case. Look it up, they are real nice, and it has a hard plastic back plate thingy that you also put on to prevent catching lint.
    05-24-09 12:05 AM
    I luvv my new black oem case for my 8900!!!
    05-24-09 12:18 AM
    i have an OEM silicone skin and doesn't catch anything. its pretty slick, cost me about $6 on eBay.
    Mine too....gotta love EBAY!!
    05-24-09 12:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD