hello, I bought a new housing case for my curve 8520 and I have some problems.
    Everything went well except for the part that covers the screen. I had a lot of trouble taking that part off, since it was hardly glued to the screen. I could take it off finally.
    Now, I have to replace it with the new cover. HOWEVER, that new cover isn't sticky at all, so I can't install it on my screen.
    I really don't know if I can do anything... Help?

also there is dust under or in my screen, anyone knows how to clean it?
    05-19-11 09:32 PM
    I replaced the housing on my 8520 yesterday (good lord, I don't wanna do that ever again).

Use one of those cleaning cloths, the fiber ones that come with glasses and the likes, to clean the screen. Be very carefull with the amount of preasure you apply. A brush will also help cleaning the rest of it.

I used the old acrylic cover instead of the new one (bought from SW-Box) because of the Skinomi Tech Skin I hd there, you'll need to find some adesive and apply on the new screen or do like I did and use the old one.

Good luck there!
    05-20-11 08:57 AM
    I found out on ebay that they cell screen covers WITH adhesive on it, I'll just buy one of those.
    I don't ever want to replace a housing ever again, I was so afraid I would destroy my blackberry, gosh.

THank you!
    05-20-11 04:45 PM
    I found out on ebay that they cell screen covers WITH adhesive on it, I'll just buy one of those.
    I don't ever want to replace a housing ever again, I was so afraid I would destroy my blackberry, gosh.

THank you!
    Tell me about it!!

While the 83xx are a breeze (I actually did replace the LCD of my 8310 yesterday before doing the 8520's housing) the 8520 is such a piece of work! The old housing is in no condiction to be used again lol...
    05-20-11 06:06 PM
    Yea, my original housing is pretty destroyed too... xD
    05-25-11 07:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD