Hello, I have had my Storm for over 2 weeks now and have removed and discarded the screen protector that came with the Storm. I already have a small scratch on the screen (although it was rumored to be "unscratchable". My mom refuses to buy any screen protector for me and I don't have a source of income because I am only 15. I was wondering if anyone knows of a screen protector that meets the following requirements:

Is free or less than a dollar
    Will not damage the Storm at all or limit my ability to use the Storm
    Will not drastically reduce the clarity of the content on the screen
    Limit the noticeable smudges on the screen
    Prevent scratches

Please submit your comments and please stay on topic and help me resolve my issue. Don't just tell me to buy a screen protector because I have told you my limitations. PLEASE HELP ME!!!
    01-05-09 07:47 PM
    You are very limited for choice because you need something which will not interfere with touchscreen function. So far there doesn't seem to be much on the market which suggests there's a technical issue to be resolved.

I know it is not the answer you want, but my advice is to use a good belt or pocket case for more protection until you can find and afford the right commercial product, and go for a purpose made screen protector as soon as possible. You have a warranty on your phone and it would be silly to use a home made device which VZW could use as an excuse to reject a claim.
    01-05-09 08:30 PM
    Okay I know you wanted an answer but.. Since u have said that u don't have a source of income I take it that u got the phone as an xmas pres and/or ur mom paid for it. Have u tried the "u spent so much money on it and we don't want to scratch or break it" route? This sometimes works

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 09:05 PM
    I can't believe your only 15yrs old with a Storm that cost $200+ and your mom refuses to buy you a $10 screen protector. This has got to be a classic case of spoiled.
    01-05-09 10:16 PM
    I can't believe your only 15yrs old with a Storm that cost $200+ and your mom refuses to buy you a $10 screen protector. This has got to be a classic case of spoiled.
    Agreed, how about doing some chores for your mom in exchange for the screen protector?
    01-05-09 10:29 PM
    To the OP:
    Excuse the people on this forum who made the above negative comments, even after you nicely asked that they do not.
    Anyway, to answer your question. Head to a Staples and try to find the widest roll of clear packing tape. Only costs 2 or 3 bucks and you get about 300 feet of cheap screen protection. I use it on my curves screen. Plus it sticks so nicely to a naked bb's screen. Most scren protectors don't have as good adhesion as packing tape. 3M is a nice brand.

01-05-09 11:37 PM
    Head to a Staples and try to find the widest roll of clear packing tape. Only costs 2 or 3 bucks and you get about 300 feet of cheap screen protection. I use it on my curves screen. Plus it sticks so nicely to a naked bb's screen. Most screen protectors don't have as good adhesion as packing tape. 3M is a nice brand.
    What do you do when the tape gets scratched and scuffed up? It must leave some nasty adhesive residue.

Plus, this is a Storm, so who knows if the touch function will be affected by the packing tape material.
    01-06-09 12:45 AM
    To the OP:
    Excuse the people on this forum who made the above negative comments, even after you nicely asked that they do not.
    Anyway, to answer your question. Head to a Staples and try to find the widest roll of clear packing tape. Only costs 2 or 3 bucks and you get about 300 feet of cheap screen protection. I use it on my curves screen. Plus it sticks so nicely to a naked bb's screen. Most scren protectors don't have as good adhesion as packing tape. 3M is a nice brand.

lol yea, i dont think tape is the right thing to use...just wait till you find some money!
    its a storm and u shudnt use anything but the best to protect it!
    01-06-09 12:55 AM
    To the OP:

I don't want to jack the OPs thread but this isn't all that bad an idea! I have been buying the screen protectors they sell @ walmart, the ones you get for 5 bucks.... However those are a little thicker but I know they work on my iPod touch so maybe they would work on the storm as well. Back to my point packaging tape seems so much more useful and like you said for under 5 bucks you get 300 ft of screen protector! Thank you you helped me with this I would have never thought of packaging tape!

And as for the comments made about the sticky residue left behind I don't think it would be as bad as you think. IF there WAS any left behind that is easy enough to run off with your finger or lightly scratch off with a finger nail. And as to what happens when the tape scratches, gets cut, or scuffed up comment. Simply take it off and replace is as you do with any other screen protector that you out on your phone.

01-06-09 04:08 AM
    change in couch + change found under driver's seat in mom's car + mow lawn, shovel snow (depending on where you are from) = NEW SCREEN PROTECTORS!

just look and you will find
    01-06-09 04:24 AM
    If he can find a way to pay for packing tape, he can find a way to pay for screen protectors.

01-06-09 11:03 AM
    Norsk that post made me lol thanks, just what I needed to brighten up an otherwise dreary day at work lmao

01-06-09 12:49 PM
    Agreed, how about doing some chores for your mom in exchange for the screen protector?
    lolol

well they could also have realized that he is in fact a kid, and kids will scratch even the most unscratchable of surfaces, so why shell out the money.

why throw away something you need, anyway?

well if all else fails maybe some of that laminating stuff you can get in the office supply section would work
    01-06-09 03:00 PM
    Test out a little patch of tape first if you want.

01-07-09 06:15 AM
    Hi C.H.

I do not intend to be unkind with this reply so I hope you take my suggestion in the positive spirit it is given.

This can answer many more problems/questions throughout your entire life:

I had a money earning job at 12 years of age delivering newspapers. Prior to that I shoveled snow and raked leaves for the neighbors. I made over $1700.00 during the blizzard of 82' enough to buy a snow blower and a trailer to allow my father to pull it behind his car and in turn, allow me to move more snow in less time and expand my customer base.
    If you dont have snow where you live, cut grass. When your 16 you can get a "real"job and real money.
    I couldn't imagine not having my own money at 15 years old, what do you do when your friends ask you to go to a movie or skiing or some other activity teen-ager's do.
    WHo pays your wireless bill each month? If it is important to you you will find a way to earn the money.
    When you make your own money you will find freedom and choices.
    Plus you usually get what you pay for..........
    Good luck.
    01-09-09 11:38 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions guys!
    01-13-09 07:18 PM
    just be careful!
    ive had 4 phones, one was a touch screen and none got scratches on them except for a nokia but that was because my sister used it for a month! i take good care of my phone because i know if i break one i will be getting a dumb phone.
    01-13-09 07:31 PM
    Hold it with two hands...just a tip
    01-13-09 07:54 PM
    Troll? Don't eat lunch at school for a week and buy a pack of three. If you are on free lunch, offer neighbors to cut their grass with their equipment or walk there sog for a couple of weeks and buy a bunch.

01-13-09 09:35 PM
    I wish the OP wouldve read and answered StoryTaylor"s post and questions in it. :-/

01-13-09 09:40 PM
    Please save yourself a big mess the storm has two screens held together by a double faced tape you could seperate the two trying to remove packing tape, I have to agree ask some one for a chance to earn the money to buy real screen protectors. I don't want to sound harsh but you will appreciate it a lot more.
    01-13-09 09:47 PM
    I have used packing tape (the really shiny kind) on my ipods for years and it works great. It doesn't leave sticky residue. IDK about it voiding the warranty, but bc it works so well I'm going to take the chance on my curve.

12-16-09 09:11 PM
    Packing Tape?? No way....
    12-16-09 09:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD