Hey guys, I'm sure there are at least a few of you who have struggled with finding a car cradle to fit your bb with a otterbox case on it. I finally got fed up with searching the internet and decided to build my own. I am posting this to give people some ideas about how to build your own.

This Cradle is build out of aluminum u channel and some components that I harvested from an old PC. I used an old suction cup arm for mounting inside the vehicle.

I know what you're thinking...That thing looks like it could survive a hurricane and it probably could. I am a police officer and I have build this cradle for my cruiser. I use a Motorola T505 Speaker phone so it is not uncommon for me to not touch the phone all night. All the equipment in my cruiser is ruggedized and I figured I needed a cradle along the same lines. Tomorrow I plan on sand blasting the metallic portion and painting it flat black. Hope this helps some of you struggling with finding a big enough cradle!!!
    10-29-09 07:07 PM
    hahaha this thing looks awesome... solid construction..excellent job!
    11-05-09 10:00 AM
    Thanks, I could have guessed a fellow emergency first responder would appreciate the construction. I have since sandblasted and painted the cradle. Turned out great. works like a charm.
    11-08-09 01:45 PM
    Yeah that thing is awesome..kudos to you!!
    11-10-09 08:48 PM
    nice work! now Paint it matte black to match! haha
    11-11-09 11:44 AM
    Haha. Atleast it is bullet proof. Maybe wrap it in kevlar?
    11-11-09 01:27 PM