10-02-09 05:26 PM
55 123
tools
    I am using Nutshell's holster for the Storm, with the magnet flap. Works great. I'm a big fan of the Nutshell cases.

I can't post links, but google nutshell cases.

KJF
    12-05-08 11:14 AM
    I was looking at various Storm cases before I picked mine up. But, when the finally handed me the phone at the store, I slipped it into my old Palm case and, much to my delight, it fits perfectly.

The case has a zippered 2-section pouch built in...perfect for memory cards or headphones. It's lot the slimmest case on the market but, for convenience...it's perfect for me.

And the magnetic latch on the front activates the "holster" mode in the storm, no problem.

I keep a spare screen protector, a set of headphones, an 8GB USB memory stick, and a "back-up" $20 bill in the pouch.

$20.00 from TreoDen.

Link
    12-05-08 11:56 AM
    The Batman utility belt look is not an option for me. I personally think people look ridiculous with phones clamped to their belts, but that's my opinion.

I received a leather slip case free when I ordered the Storm and it works really well. Fits snug and is an extra layer of protection over my GA.
    12-05-08 12:42 PM

I received a leather slip case free when I ordered the Storm and it works really well. Fits snug and is an extra layer of protection over my GA.
    GA = Giant A$$?

EDIT: Ahh...Ghost Armor. Took me 4 hours but, I finally figured it out.
    Last edited by Habious; 12-05-08 at 10:16 PM.
    12-05-08 05:57 PM
    Per some other recommendations on crackberry, I picked up the holster from BestBuy for $20. I don't know if this is the same one VZW sells, but my holster is working great (with my GA). Clip rotates, magnet puts Storm to sleep.
    which model/type?
    12-06-08 09:12 PM
    12-06-08 09:13 PM
    On the Verizon one will remove the paint on the back of the battery cover, I have two spots were the paint was removed
    12-06-08 09:26 PM
    Been using this one from my Curve till something better comes along. Found it at a VZ store. Activates sleep mode too as a bonus:
    12-06-08 11:40 PM
    I got the VZ one and it was tight for a couple of days, but has stretched out nicely and fits perfectly now. I'm generally not a huge holster fan, but this one is working fine.
    12-07-08 12:23 AM
    Been using this one from my Curve till something better comes along. Found it at a VZ store. Activates sleep mode too as a bonus:
    Yes, the Storm even fits in the 8830 holster, but it's a bit snug (just a tiny bit). The Storm should fit perfectly in the Curve holster though. I would recommend that. Go to a store and try it out before you buy. They will let you open the holster package.
    12-07-08 12:54 AM
    Umm customers that bought the slip on cover came in the "end" button got caught on it and it just pulled it off lol. No insurance no bueno. I was curious so I slipped mine in one and ya it does catch the buttons be CAREFUL!
    12-07-08 01:04 AM
    I bought the holster for the curve and it fits perfectly but I don't think it will fit once I finally get the innocase.
    12-07-08 01:11 AM
    I am using Nutshell's holster for the Storm, with the magnet flap. Works great. I'm a big fan of the Nutshell cases.

I can't post links, but google nutshell cases.

KJF
    Do you still have it and what is your impression of it if you do?

I am considering getting one.

TIA
    05-20-09 02:45 PM
    Probably.
    The storm is far too tight in it.
    The buttons get pushed as it goes in.
    The USB port is covered up when in the holster.

This is the one I have
    h ttp://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/store/accessory?action=accessoryDetails&archetypeId=1085 6
    Even if the USB port was open, you couldn't do anything as the phone will not charge when holstered as far as I know.

Either way, I love my leather pouch.
    05-20-09 03:00 PM
    I have the Blackberry Skin Case on my phone so i found the standard BB holsters too tight. I bought an iPhone holster and its a great fit with the skin.
    05-21-09 10:41 AM
    i didnt get a holster with my storm i want one
    10-01-09 06:54 PM
    10-01-09 07:55 PM
    Verizon choose to give you an 8GB Media card. Vodafone folks got the crappy holster instead of the 8GB card. Still unhappy? Invest 25 dollars in the Siedio Springclip Holster, you will NOT be disappointed.
    10-01-09 08:09 PM
    So what are you using for a holster? The BB one is not available until late this month.
    The RIM Horizontal Side Holster...it's perfect, never mind much more efficient than a swivel holster.
    10-01-09 08:11 PM
    Even if the USB port was open, you couldn't do anything as the phone will not charge when holstered as far as I know.

Either way, I love my leather pouch.
    It seems to me like you guys are talking about the Swivel case. It's the only case I know where the Storm is a tight fit, the buttons get pushed in, and the USB port is unavailable. As I mentioned in my previous post, I use the OEM Horizontal Side Holster. The phone doesn't charge when holstered? News to me. I've been charging it likewise ever since I got it. When you position it inside the case with the green button facing inward, the Micro-USB port becomes available (along with the headphone jack and, if you raise the flip, the volume buttons). Most of the time though, I keep it red button down due to not wanting dust inside the headphone jack or the Micro-USB port to be exposed.

Edit: Converting pictures through imageshack right now in order to post.

Second Edit: Here you go:

Third Edit: Damn Twitter ad. Hate Twitter.
    Last edited by VMalska; 10-01-09 at 08:27 PM.
    10-01-09 08:18 PM
    Logo on the back of it indicates it's made by "AGF"...same holster is also sold under the brand "Xentris Wireless"...which I believe is what the packaging at Radio Shack said. Whomever makes it, it is excellent. Good quality materials, sleeper magnet and it fits the Storm very well. The belt clip has a u-shaped end that virtually assures it will not slip off your belt accidentally. It faces the phone inwards so the screen is protected, and it also orients the speaker outward for maximum volume. Cutouts for buttons/jacks/microphone in all the right places. For 20 bucks, it is a solid value.

Xentris Swivel Holster for BlackBerry Storm - RadioShack.com
    10-01-09 08:37 PM
    I Wanted A Holster, That Covered It Fully, And If I Dropped It, Still Protected, Unlike The Holsters That Are Available....
    10-02-09 03:27 AM
    I Wanted A Holster, That Covered It Fully, And If I Dropped It, Still Protected, Unlike The Holsters That Are Available....
    Don't speak unless you know what you're saying. Not "unlike the holsters that are available", but the holsters that you know of. Mine protects fully and a pretty bad fall has been taken by my phone inside the holster...Although I don't see why a holster has to protect, because the holster is always on your belt and the phone will fall from your hand (without the holster).
    10-02-09 06:46 AM
    I would suggest to all, that you make sure any holster has the sleep magnet if you want to increase the battery life. I use the BB Leather Horizontal Holster.

And like it very much. Only issue is the placement of the clip. But the clip swivils 360 degrees.
    10-02-09 07:23 AM
    I have the Seidio spring clip, and I love it.

Gonna pick up an otterbox at some point, had one on my pearl, and it was awesome.
    10-02-09 07:31 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD