hi guys,

just want to ask, which of the two do you prefer? i want to buy one, i just don't know which to choose.

thank you.
    03-24-11 10:55 PM
    I hate holsters so that's easy, pocket pouch. I hate hanging a phone off my belt, I just think it looks dorky and it don't feel it's as secure as in the pocket. You on the other hand may actually like a holster, only you can answer that. Many many others like holsters. It all comes down to personal preference.

I like the fact I can put the phone in my back pocket when dressed up and no one knows it's there.
    03-25-11 12:33 AM
    As he said it's up to the user and what you feel comfortable with. I don't like the pouch as I don't feel as if it's as safe in my pocket. Never had much luck with things kept in my pocket. I used to be unsure about the belt clip too myself but after using one for over a year on my old BB I love them and hope to get one soon for my new Torch ( if the seidio one I found will fit good without a case ). I never had any issues with it coming out or anything like that.
    03-25-11 12:51 AM
    Pocket pouch for me. That dangling holster gets in my way. I used the OEM pouch for a bit and just bought a new pouch from Sena. Perfect IMHO.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-11 06:48 AM
    Neither, just a good case and grt does the work for me.

03-25-11 07:50 AM
    Seeing as I hardly ever wear a belt, OEM pocket pouch for me.
    03-25-11 07:56 AM
    I like both! The 9780 came with a very nice pocket pouch out of the box, so I keep it in it during the week at work. Weekends I switch to a belt holster - its a good way to carry it while golfing!
    03-25-11 07:58 AM
    I like both! The 9780 came with a very nice pocket pouch out of the box, so I keep it in it during the week at work. Weekends I switch to a belt holster - its a good way to carry it while golfing!
    My reply to the OP is that I almost always carry my phone in a holster. I like to wear loose fitting shirts and they cover the phone. Takes care of the "dork" factor. On the rare occasion that I do have it in my pants pocket, I find it a pain to access in a seated position.

I never have my phone on me while golfing. I leave it in the cart, on vibrate only. I am to worried that I may get a call in the middle of my back swing, and I doubt very much that my playing partners would give me a mulligan because my phone scared the crap out of me! Haha

03-25-11 09:10 AM
    I hate holsters so that's easy, pocket pouch. I hate hanging a phone off my belt, I just think it looks dorky and it don't feel it's as secure as in the pocket. You on the other hand may actually like a holster, only you can answer that. Many many others like holsters. It all comes down to personal preference.

I like the fact I can put the phone in my back pocket when dressed up and no one knows it's there.
    Hello everyone. I am a dork. I have the Seido Surface holster combo and love it. So I am quite comfortable being dorky. I wear suits in my weekday and in my second job (I am a funeral director and a weekend minister), so for much of my time the phone is hidden yet easily accessed. In my down time I dress casually but prefer the phone on my hip because I carry my moneyclip wallet in my left front pocket and my pocket knife in my right front pocket. No room for a phone.

To each his own, but this dork will remain a dork.
    03-25-11 09:37 AM
    i has holster with belt clip...
    converted it to nice pouch...

advantage of full cover and total protection...
    03-25-11 02:06 PM
    with a pouch, if I sit down, I have to remove it from my pocket

with a holster, if I sit down, I don't have to remove it from my belt

that was my big point to decide.

my friend on the other side of the story, he prefer keeping his bb in his shirt pocket so he prefer a pouch.
    03-25-11 02:42 PM
    @Work - Holster
    @Else - Pouch

But i love both
    03-25-11 10:26 PM
    A holster may be dorky but it has less risk of cracking the screen by sitting on it or in a front pocket that is too tight.

03-25-11 11:23 PM
    Neither, just a good case and grt does the work for me.

I have the AGF GRT case for my pocket for causal wear, and getting dressed up.

I prefer a holster at work as it is easier to access when walking around, or seated. The holster for the 8830 world edition fits the torch with the AGF GRT case perfectly, so I don't need to take I off...

03-25-11 11:32 PM
    <snip>

I never have my phone on me while golfing. I leave it in the cart, on vibrate only. I am to worried that I may get a call in the middle of my back swing, and I doubt very much that my playing partners would give me a mulligan because my phone scared the crap out of me! Haha
    Good point! Hahahaa
    03-25-11 11:43 PM
    thank you very much guys. might get both. so every time i am at work i can use the holster and pouch on weekends.
    03-26-11 12:36 AM
    I've had both. Hated the holster. Love the pouch. The magnet is the best part. Never have to worry about pocket dialing you might have with a case and the battery seams to last longer. The only problem I have with the pouch is that you need 2 hands to take it out.

03-26-11 11:41 AM
    Pocket Pouch unless I am working with tunes playing. Only doing the later a few hours a couple days a week so it's in the pocket most of the day and on a cradle each night.
    03-27-11 06:04 AM
    i was about to buy the pocket pouch but when i tried the pouch, its really hard to insert and remove the torch, is that normal? will it loose a bit after regular use?

thanks
    03-27-11 09:15 AM
    I have both. I might have used the holster for about a week or so till I got the pocket pouch. I love the pocket pouch and use it most of the time.

The phone fits just fine in the pouch. It requires a little 'pull' to get it out.
    03-27-11 08:45 PM
    i was about to buy the pocket pouch but when i tried the pouch, its really hard to insert and remove the torch, is that normal? will it loose a bit after regular use?

thanks
    First make sure you are buying the Torch pouch and not the old style Curve pouch, but you want it snug otherwise the phone will fall out when you pull it from your pocket. Second, when you remove it, grasp the sides of the phone on opposite sides of the earphone jack and it's pretty simple. I have it in and out all day long for messages and it's still snug enough to be secure but easy enough to remove. I do reccomend hitting the lock button on top before insert it into the pouch so you are not scrolling or opening anything before you sleeve it.

I've been using mine since December and I am very happy with it. Also, I have feeling issues with my finger tips as a result of pinched nerves, so if I can manipulate it out of the case, I can't see why anyone else would have trouble.
    03-28-11 01:20 AM
    First make sure you are buying the Torch pouch and not the old style Curve pouch, but you want it snug otherwise the phone will fall out when you pull it from your pocket. Second, when you remove it, grasp the sides of the phone on opposite sides of the earphone jack and it's pretty simple. I have it in and out all day long for messages and it's still snug enough to be secure but easy enough to remove. I do reccomend hitting the lock button on top before insert it into the pouch so you are not scrolling or opening anything before you sleeve it.

I've been using mine since December and I am very happy with it. Also, I have feeling issues with my finger tips as a result of pinched nerves, so if I can manipulate it out of the case, I can't see why anyone else would have trouble.
    just got my pocket pouch and i love it. it is not the same "fit" as i tried before, dont have any idea why yesterday the pouch i tried was so tight it even removed the battery cover when i took it out. the one i bought today fits perfectly.

thank you
    03-28-11 08:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD