The 4 I'm looking at now are :

Seidio InnoCase Protective Case for Torch (Amethyst) + Seidio InnoCase Holster for Torch - CrackBerry Canada

Seidio BlackBerry Torch Holster - Carrying Solutions - Accessories - Wireless Products - Mobile Line Communications

Mobi Products Holster for BlackBerry Torch 9800 - CrackBerry Canada

BlackBerry Leather Holster for Torch 9800 - CrackBerry Canada

I would like a holster, but want one that :

1) Looks slim & stylish (hate the clunky ones that stick out from your hip)

2) Clips securely on my belt (had a Storm pop off once)

3) Doesn't have the screen facing out (or ideally covers it) to protect the screen and also have the bright light of the screen hidden

4) Leaves access to volume control and headphone jack

5) Isn't a flip design - hate the "dangling cover" concept

6) It would be great if the clip came off so I could just slip the unit into a jacket as well

Recommendations?

- R
    01-18-11 08:38 PM
    I just picked up a AGF Endo case. It comes with the hard case and it has a "Seidio Style" holster where the phone faces in. I just got it tonight, so I haven't had a chance to test its durability, but I can tell you that the case itself is fantastic. Completely removed my "slider slop". Might want to add it to your list to check out. BlackBerry Torch Endo GRT Case - AT&T - BlackBerry - BlackBerry Torch - AGF
    01-18-11 09:11 PM
    Started with "bare" Torch...felt like it wasn't smart to carry a piece of equipment that expensive around unprotected. Went to a cheap 2-piece plastic case (eBay $5) and a screen protector, plus a BlackBerry Koskin holster. Worked OK, but the cheap case kept losing its top portion.

Aftger researching cases here on CrackBerry, I ordered the AGF GRT case (eBay, abt $10) and then the AGF holster. I'm more than happy with the combo. It's secure, the sleeper function on the holster works, and it allows "face-in" carrying. Total cost, about $18-20.
    01-18-11 09:29 PM
    GTR is the best cases i dont like the holters but the cases is a must!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-11 07:54 AM
    I have both the Seidio holster and the Innocase "Active" combo for the torch, I love them both. I use the Innocase daily but I also kept the "spring clip" holster for the times I want to carry just a bare device. They both are quality products and I like the look and feel of the active innocase, not to much bulk and it provides plenty of protection.
    01-19-11 11:37 AM
    The Seidio Innocase Surface combo holster is great. I got mine for $33 including shipping. The Surface case is less bulky than the Active, and the spring holster faces the phone in and also puts the phone to sleep like in a Blackberry holster. You can also get a Seidio holster for the bare Torch if you don't want a case.
    01-19-11 02:14 PM
    OEM holster for me. Stylish but workmanship suffers a bit with heavy wear.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-11 03:58 PM
    OEM leather holster here also. I like the secure swivel clip and protection it offers.Being new, it is a little too tight but I believe after a few weeks of use, it will loosen up.
    01-19-11 09:52 PM
    I use and 83xx series holster I got from Best Buy (I had difficulty finding the actually 9800 holster). It fits very well and looks better than the 9800 holster (regular smooth leather). Sleep function works fine too.
    01-20-11 08:51 AM
    I have a Seidio holster that I use with my Torch when I go to the gym. Love it. Screen faces into the holster and there's a soft fabric on the inside of the holster. Haven't had any problems with it.
    01-24-11 11:45 PM
    It seems the 8800 holster goes ok with 9800 and it sleeps it correctly.

The 8800 it's a bit bigger than the 9800 so I will buy the 83xx holster as Boldcelsior says because the 83xx it's a bit litle than the 9800 and I prefer to have a holster without gaps between it and my bb.
    01-25-11 03:22 AM
    Is the Torch 9800 like the Bold 9700, go into sleep mode when puted into holster ???
    I put the 9800 into the 9700 holster, but not sleeping !
    Last edited by Batman19372; 01-25-11 at 04:34 AM.
    01-25-11 04:32 AM
    I just picked up a AGF Endo case. It comes with the hard case and it has a "Seidio Style" holster where the phone faces in. I just got it tonight, so I haven't had a chance to test its durability, but I can tell you that the case itself is fantastic. Completely removed my "slider slop". Might want to add it to your list to check out. BlackBerry Torch Endo GRT Case - AT&T - BlackBerry - BlackBerry Torch - AGF
    How do you like the holster that came with the AGF Endo case? I also have this case but i'm a little hesitant on carrying it in the holster since it doesn't seem very secure.
    01-25-11 05:29 AM
    Anyone try the splash Alpha I Lambskin Leather Case?
    01-25-11 05:40 AM
    OEM leather holster for me, small, stylish and does its job well.
    01-25-11 06:34 AM
    I bought the AGF with clip it it is horrible. The clip is a poor design and TWICE it unlatched and the phone fell. BOTH times the top cover popped off. On top of that TWO more times the clip unlatched but I felt it and caught the phone before it dropped. That is four problems withing two weeks. The top cover also partially obstructs the top row of keys and the trackpad. It is usable but annoying.

I bought the Seido with clip and am happy with it. It doesn't have any of the problems the AGF had. The only downside is a little slider wobble when closed.
    01-25-11 07:30 AM
    Both the OEM leather holster and the OEM leather pocket are all I need. (The only difference between the two is that the holster has a belt clip and a magnetic over the top strap.)

My only complaint is the stitching. On the pocket, which I use more than the holster, I had to put a lighter to a loose thread at the top of one side to create a burr so it wouldn't unravel. Now I'm going to have to do the same to the red stitch on the other side.
    01-25-11 09:05 AM
    I had a casemate barely there but found it too bulky in my pocket. I like the clip holsters but i find they tend to get scratched up/worn out from use where they clip in. I decided on an OEM holster/invisible shield combo. That way i'm protected from the annoying little dings from everyday use and the more severe knocks.

I highly recommend the invisible shield no matter what you go with. They have a lifetime warranty so you really can't go wrong.
    01-25-11 12:49 PM
    How do you like the holster that came with the AGF Endo case? I also have this case but i'm a little hesitant on carrying it in the holster since it doesn't seem very secure.
    So far I really like it. I haven't felt like the phone was going to fall off. I have been using it for about a week.
    01-25-11 03:37 PM
    I just received the Fortte leather flip case
    Leather case for Blackberry Torch 9800 Blackberry Torch 9800 Flip Style
    The case is stylish and protects the screen very well.
    I also have an AGF GRT which I also like but it doesn't protect the screen like the flip case does.
    01-25-11 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD