I want my 9700 to lock once holstered. I know it goes into sleep mode once holstered but I'm not sure if while in sleep mode out side press on the holster can set of key responses.

Any tips.?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-10 11:23 PM
    no... onces its in sleep none of the buttons will light up the screen...

but yes you can set the device to lock on holster... but i think you can only do it if you have a password set...

check: options> password> lock handheld upon holstering, set to yes
    05-21-10 11:56 PM
    I can confirm that. I too was paranoid about the screen burning away while in the holster with side buttons getting pushed. The answer is THE SCREEN STAYS OFF. So don't worry. :-)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-10 06:33 AM
    In Standby Mode (not sure about Holster Mode - it's almost the same but not quite), pressing any of the four button on the trackball row (Phone green, Menu, Escape, Hangup red) will briefly light up the screen and display "Keyboard is locked. Press the Lock button to unlock."
    05-22-10 06:47 AM
    i believe the OP is talking about "Holster Mode" which most people call sleep mode as its called a sleeper magnet... so
    05-22-10 10:42 AM
    options> password> lock handheld upon holstering, set to yes
    05-22-10 10:43 AM
    options> password> lock handheld upon holstering, set to yes
    lol next time, scroll up a bit :P
    05-22-10 11:04 AM
    First off, in my previous post I should have said Standby Mode and not sleep mode (no such thing). Sorry about that. I am a bit jet lagged today. It seems to be me that needs sleep mode -- or was that Standby .

I found a fridge magnet and put it over the 9700's keyboartd. It went into Holster Mode. I tried all the buttons I could reach (some were under the magnet - duh. None caused the screen to light up.

In Standby Mode it is as I said earlier. All keys are dead except the four on the trackpad row.

I knew there was a diference between the two.

The phone does not Lock when it enters Holster Mode. It comes fully awake upon removal from the magnetic holser.

I know of no way to make the phone Lock in the holster. If it is in the holster why would it need to be locked?
    05-22-10 12:40 PM
    pete6

actually you can make the device lock when put in a holster... options> password> (bottom option), lock handheld upon holstering, set to yes
    05-22-10 02:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD