I need some confirmation. If one uses a holster with a magnet, there is no way to disable the "sleep" or "standby" mode while the phone is in the holster is that correct? Thanks in advance.
    02-26-11 10:22 PM
    That is correct from everything I know. The BB is made so that as soon as it knows there is a magnet it puts it into sleep mode. Why would you be concerned about this, you still get your calls, messages or alarms etc.. that you would receive or have set on the unit. It is there to prevent mis-keys and just save battery life.
    02-26-11 10:39 PM
    You beat me to it jimiMack!! Was trying to figure that question out?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-11 10:41 PM
    I drive a lot for work so I keep the bb clipped to the sun visor, and for messages it's very convenient to just glance up at the visor and see what the message is without having to actually touch the bb.
    02-26-11 10:41 PM
    I drive a lot for work so I keep the bb clipped to the sun visor, and for messages it's very convenient to just glance up at the visor and see what the message is without having to actually touch the bb.
    Well I don't want to sound like a **** here but you still are going to touch your BB to open the message up.

02-26-11 10:57 PM
    I'm sorry. I have an outward facing holster with berry preview. Used to be no problem until I got a holster with a magnet.
    02-26-11 10:59 PM
    I'm sorry. I have an outward facing holster with berry preview. Used to be no problem until I got a holster with a magnet.
    Gotcha!! My bad. Don't think you can cancel that.

02-26-11 11:07 PM
    Just get a cheap forward facing holster off ebay.
    02-26-11 11:12 PM
    I have heard of people enableing the "sleep" or "standby" mode while the phone is in the holster by installing a magnet, in this case, maybe a careful hand with an exacto knife to remove the magnet just may do the trick.
    02-26-11 11:33 PM
    To know what kind of message it is or which email it came to I use berrybuzz. So I know what notifications are important and which aren't

02-27-11 12:53 AM
    Just get a cheap forward facing holster off ebay.
    Therein lies the problem. There is only one and it's the fuel model which isn't cheap and I've already gone through 2 of those. The clips aren't very good on them.
    02-27-11 01:48 PM
    In the BerryPopup settings, under the "General" tab, there is a setting to "Mute" when "Locked/in Holster". Change that to "No", then restart BerryPopup. (Not sure that last step is actually needed, but it never hurts.)

I have it set that way, and I always have the popup whether I am pulling it out of the holster or clip.

Hope that helps...
    robbi24r likes this.
    02-27-11 01:48 PM
    Another option would be Vlingo. It can read the SMS or email to you, so you can keep your eyes o the road and not even look at the phone.
    04-15-11 03:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD