I always keep my curve in Holster...Should i also Stand-by the set before putting it cuz i have realised whenever i keep it in there its light switched off...so is it by default goes to stand-by mode or what...?
    05-17-09 05:28 AM
    You don't need standby set on. There's a magnet in the holster. Once the curve slides in there it automatically standsby for you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 05:53 AM
    Silly newbie question...

I always lock my KB before putting my BB (8320) in the horizontal holster I have.

It does have a magnet, but while I'm pushing the BB in the holster, the trackball gets pressed and does all sorts of weird things (like start apps).

Is this common or am I doing something wrong?

Pat
    05-17-09 09:39 AM
    Not doing anything wrong. It takes a little while for the holster to wear in so the blackberry slips in and out easier without hitting buttons. Also it shouldn't matter which way your put it in, should still put it i standby.
    05-17-09 09:54 AM
    Pat

You might be putting it in wrong. I know on my pearl's case there is a groove for the trackball. I imagine all BlackBerry branded cases have this. Its designed for the device to be inserted screen facing inwards (toward your hip). If its not a blackberry branded holster then this could be your problem

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-09 10:07 AM
    Ahhh I see!

My holster isn't a BB brand one, no groove in it and it's magnet is not terribly strong. I guess I'll have to wear it in a little until it's loose.

Thanks!
    05-17-09 11:20 AM
    Mine's the same way. If you have the BB holster lying around somewhere, you may want to start using that. Essentially, make sure the logos can be seen from the cut-outs. They also protect the camera lens as well.

Hope it starts working properly for you!
    05-17-09 12:44 PM
    Thanks guys for your help
    05-19-09 10:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD