Hi

I used to have a curve 8310 and in profiles the menu was

Out of Holster >ringtone, Volume, Vibration etc
    In holster > ringtone, Volume, Vibration etc

where is this option on the 9700, I cant find it
    12-01-09 04:49 PM
    anyone?
    12-02-09 04:26 PM
    go to options---sounds and ringtones--vibration-custom--then vibrate. then you can choose in/out of holster.
    12-02-09 04:40 PM
    Thanks for the reply

Its not really the same setting though, before on my curve 8310 I lots of options for in holster and out holster.. so I could set it to be LOUD when I put it in the holster and it had a different ring tone too, the same with message tones
    12-03-09 05:27 PM
    They changed and eliminated a few options for profiles in the 5.0 OS. Probably had complaints from people saying it was to complicated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-03-09 05:30 PM
    yeah, it was very very time consuming to use the old OS 4 system to set up the profiles you wanted. ok it was pretty decent when done, i can see why RIM moved away from this.
    12-03-09 05:34 PM
    ah well, never mind...

I used to put it in the pouch and have everything VERY LOUD when I went out on my bike
    12-03-09 05:39 PM
    OMG, I just posted a thread with the same question. SO they just removed it??? Daaaaamn... I have an iPhone, there are no Profiles at all, and I was always telling my friends that BB is so much better because of many functions including this one... Without IN\OUT of Hoslter profiles BB became more like brick-like Nkoia phones
    Remocing such great feature is such a stupid move from RIM
    03-16-11 02:39 PM
    Well, what did you expect? I came from an 8130 and I didn't notice the change at all. Thanks to device switch wizard, it transitioned me quite nicely

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-11 02:02 AM
    I came from an 8130 and I didn't notice the change at all.
    Do u have the mentioned feature? IN\OUT o holster?
    And what do you mean what I expected? I expected to be glad with my BB again ))))
    03-17-11 04:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD