I like using my holster that came with my 8830. I bought a skin and it is just to snug to remove with ease. Any suggestions of a holster that works with skin and allows the features of the Blackberry holster that comes with phone?
    04-18-08 05:55 PM
    Try out a holster for a 8700, it might work for a 8830. I use the 8700 for my 8310 in a rubber skin.

I just think it might be too tight for the 8830, though.
    04-18-08 06:19 PM

I just think it might be too tight for the 8830, though.
    Thats the problem I have with current skin
    04-18-08 06:52 PM
    I couldn't find a holster that fit my blackberry and its new skin so... I built one out of duct tape. It works awesome!

I have attached a couple of pics. Maybe I could go into business.
    04-25-08 08:20 AM
    I couldn't find a holster that fit my blackberry and its new skin so... I built one out of duct tape. It works awesome!

I have attached a couple of pics. Maybe I could go into business.
    That's too cool... Foxworthy would love it... "You might be a redneck if... you make your own Blackberry holster out of duct tape."

Does it come with a swivel belt clip?
    04-25-08 08:38 AM
    Did you incorporate a "standby magnet" into the duct tape version? And what lines the duct tape - inside-out duct tape, felt, silk? Or did you leave sticky stuff inside for more gripping power?
    04-25-08 10:08 AM
    I use the OEM leather holster with an OEM rubber skin on my 8300, and it works great. It is VERY snug at first. It takes a week or two for the holster to stretch out from normal usage, but then it is no hassle at all to get my Curve in and out of the holster with ease.

I am on my third OEM holster (I keep snapping the clips off the darn things, but at $7 on Amazon, 3 of them still cost less than most other holsters) and so it's snug right now, but I've been through this twice before.
    04-25-08 10:17 AM
    The duct tape is laid across itself, so the inside is just another layer of duct tape. Felt would be really cool though. Also, I was thinking of incorporating some clear plastic into it, so you could see the scree through the tape.

Interestingly the skin I got, has the swivel belt clip thing which is why it won't fit a holster, but I hate looking pretentious with it hanging out on my belt all day, so hence the custom holster. Any suggestions on a magnet would be welcome. I wouldn't know where to put it, or what kind of magnet to use.
    04-25-08 11:58 AM
    I use the OEM leather holster with an OEM rubber skin on my 8300, and it works great. It is VERY snug at first. It takes a week or two for the holster to stretch out from normal usage, but then it is no hassle at all to get my Curve in and out of the holster with ease.
    Ditto. I do the same thing. It was a PITA at first, but it fits like a charm now.
    04-25-08 12:09 PM
    Cool case....................
    Should hold up very well, gotta love duct tape
    I'll have to try and make me one LOL
    04-25-08 12:27 PM

I am on my third OEM holster (I keep snapping the clips off the darn things, but at $7 on Amazon, 3 of them still cost less than most other holsters) and so it's snug right now, but I've been through this twice before.
    x2 on that. I bought a Seidio Hybrid which I like a lot. After about a week or so in the OEM holster, no prob. It's slightly snug which gives me a feeling of security, but easily removes when I need it. As rrrebo states, it will stretch to accomodate. Hope this helps!
    04-26-08 01:34 PM

Okay. Help me out here. Would the OEM leather holster be similar to the little black pouch I got with my 8310?

I am thinking about doing something like you have said. I want to use a rubber skin + screen protector, but still keep it in my pouch when necessary. Any ideas on how snug this would be? Any other tips?

Thanks!
    05-04-08 10:20 PM
    Similar, yes. It's a simple, elegant lambskin holster with a ratcheting spring belt clip and the sleeper magnet.

See it here.

You can stretch the holster by hand carefully, then just deal with the snugness for about 2 weeks.
    05-05-08 08:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD