Now that I've gotten my Invisible Shield on, I'm looking around for a good holster case. I'm curious as to what everyone else uses, or what you'd like to have, and why.

I want something that's extremely reliable, with a small form factor (as slim as possible) and isn't complicated to open. I don't want a side-loading one, and a feature I've always wanted to see is to be able to remove the wheel on the back that plugs into the clip. I don't want plastic covering the screen, because I already have the Shield. Also, I only want black.

I believe that I may have found the closest thing I'll ever find to perfection in a Sena magnetic flipper case. I'd love to hear from anyone who has one of these same types, even if it's not specifically on a Pearl.

The only hang-ups I have here are:
    • How much weight does it add? How much size does it add?
    • How strong is the wheel if it comes off? Is it possible for it to fall off at some point?
    • Does the lid swing back and get out of the way, or does it hang around out front and make a pest of itself? Or does it hang down like a weird tongue?
    • Does the case fit the phone snugly, or is there room inside?

If anyone has something that's even better, I'd love to hear it! :-)
    03-25-08 02:17 AM
    I got mine on ebay it is an aluminum case with a screen protector and a belt clip. Very nice. But I have just been using the sliding pouch lately. Check ebay they had way more than T-mobile ever even offered!
    03-25-08 02:18 AM
    Ok, well I called, and they were quite helpful at answering my questions.

• It doesn't weigh much at all (obviously, but you never know).
    • The wheel goes on with a tiny screw and they provide a jewelry screwdriver to install/uninstall it. It's not like you just hit a button and remove it.
    • The flap does hang down like a giant tongue - or if there's no wheel, you can wrap it around the back.
    • It fits snugly.

I really like the detachable wheel feature, but I'd kind of like to go without the flap (which is essentially the "Leatherskin case"), as it seems to be a redundant feature with a screen protector already in place.
    03-25-08 12:56 PM
    Have you checked out the Seidio holsters?
    03-25-08 12:57 PM
    Have you checked out the Seidio holsters?
    I checked out this one from Seidio. Although I like the rubberized case, I don't like the holster. Taking it out and putting it back in seems precarious, and the holster contraption is a bit large. I'd really prefer the case more if it had a detachable clip as with the Sena. I called Seidio and they said they don't have an integrated clip, just this holster here.

I think I may have found the best of both worlds with this one from Body Glove which is essentially a thicker Seidio with a detachable clip...which also folds out into a stand. I called Body Glove and they referred me to Fellowes, who is the actual maker. They said they would have a product liaison call me back with a measure of the actual thickness.

One drawback of a ratcheting clip however might be how far out it rides away from the body, contributing to it bouncing and being uncomfortable. A "skin case" may eliminate that problem. Not sure. :-/
    03-25-08 07:53 PM
    If you decide on the Body Glove case, I found this while searching for one for the 8300's...

Body Glove Scuba Case - BlackBerry Skin Cases - BerryShack

$10 less than CB and other sites. Never purchased from that site, so take it for what it's worth.
    03-26-08 06:38 AM
    I recently received my Otterbox case, and I love it.

Not many people may have the need for the extra measures it takes to protect the phone, but I find it to be a great solution for what I put the phone through each day!
    03-28-08 10:49 PM
    I bought the black leather holster made by bb and it has a swivel clip and puts the phone to sleep everytime I put it in

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-08 10:57 PM
    i just ordered the yellow OTTERBOX case and black nylon holster for my 8700g BB. i hope i like it. i used the promo code for 20 percent off! yeehaw
    03-29-08 02:45 PM
    I like the OtterBox cases. It's made to fit the Blackberry just right and it really protects from dust, scratches, bumps, and drops. It's only water resistant, so don't take a bath with it. The screen and keypad are also protected, so I no longer have to worry about my nails scratching up the thing. It adds a bit of bulk to the berry, but only because it really protects it.

I got mine from Semsons & Co. Inc. They sell all kinds of OtterBox cases for pretty good price. Just read from their blog that they're offering free shipping on OtterBox case purchases. Check out the link (and coupon codes) here: semsons.blogspot.com.
    04-02-08 05:17 PM
    My hubby uses his old 8700 case for his curve with the skin on & it fits perfectly.
    04-05-08 01:11 AM
    If you are looking for ggod price. Check on ebay.
    04-05-08 07:39 AM
    yeah but those sellers charge ridiculous prices for shipping!
    04-05-08 11:58 AM
    I'm running the Seidio Hybrid with the OEM holster, tight at first, but after a week of use, it took that additional width, expanded enough, and works great! Like the slightly snug fit.....make me feel that it's secure there, particularly sitting in airline seats. Hope this helps!
    04-05-08 06:51 PM
    I have the InvisibleShield, a black skin and the Seidio holster with sleeper. My baby is protected.
    04-05-08 07:34 PM
    check out your local aftermarket asian phone shop they have good stuff there
    04-06-08 06:42 PM
    My hubby uses his old 8700 case for his curve with the skin on & it fits perfectly.
    Does the 8700 case have a proximity sensor(magnet) that puts the BB to sleep when it's encased? If so, does the magnet in the 8700 case work with the Curve?
    04-12-08 01:21 PM
    check out your local aftermarket asian phone shop they have good stuff there
    Unfortunately, most of the cell phone stores around here suck. Their selection consists mostly of poorly constructed cases, a variety of cheap chargers, theme battery covers for Nokias and terrible headsets. This, all topped off with a huge variety of blinking, flashing, annoying jangly things.

Why isn't it possible to walk into an actual store and find a decent selection of cell phone accessories for real phones - not handheld carnival rides being used by teenyboppers?
    04-12-08 07:20 PM
    I applied Best Skins Ever and enclosed it in a Speck Clear Case, Have dropped it several times and have not sustained any damage. Plus the gold color looks great thru the Clear Case and the BES and it adds virtually no weight or thichness.
    04-12-08 07:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD