is it normal for this to be able to fully function (whatever it does) even with a casemate (barely there) on the tour?

i just pulled mine out to see it and it seemed to go to standby as soon as i slid it in and it even fit with the casemate on.

pretty neat if so.
    11-21-09 08:28 AM
    Yeah it has a sensor on the bottom that detects light I think, so when you slid it into a holster it shuts down the screen and if you set it, will go into vibrate only or silent mode.

I have the Platinum case and it does the same thing.
    11-21-09 08:30 AM
    neat!

so how can i make it i still get alerts where i can hear my stuff still? is there a way?
    11-21-09 08:37 AM
    The magnet sensor is in the vicinity of the spacebar or just below it. When a magnet is sensed, the unit turns off (goes into standby mode). Remove the magnet, it turns on. Some but not all cases have a magnet in that location to trigger this action.
    11-21-09 09:35 AM
    neat!

so how can i make it i still get alerts where i can hear my stuff still? is there a way?
    Profiles, Advanced Profiles, edit the Active Profile's In Holster settings, there are selections to make it louder, or Vibe+Ring. You can also select up to three repeats for your notifications if you're afraid you might miss something. In that case, find a loud ringer also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by BergerKing; 11-21-09 at 09:37 AM.
    11-21-09 09:35 AM
    Profiles, Advanced Profiles, edit the Active Profile's In Holster settings, there are selections to make it louder, or Vibe+Ring. You can also select up to three repeats for your notifications if you're afraid you might miss something. In that case, find a loud ringer also.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    thanx!!!!!
    11-21-09 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD