Wah! The clip on the holster to my new 8830 broke when it was less than 30 days old. I went to Alltel and they said it would be covered under RIMs warranty. Contacted RIM, they told me Alltel would take care of it. Contacted Alltel AGAIN and they said to go to the store. Store said they could not replace it with the exact same case it shipped with because RIM is not making those specific cases available to them. I love the holster that came with my 8830 and want one just like it...not the p.o.c. that Alltel substituted which is finicky with the magnet in the holster making the device go to standby mode. Any suggestions? Really I want them to replace it under warranty, but since that seems that it will take more time than its worth, I will buy one. Which one is the exact same as the one that came with the 8830?
    10-30-07 07:04 PM
    The same thing happened to me. I bought a new case from Best Buy. It is just like the one that came in the box with the 8830.
    11-02-07 04:57 PM
    Amazon has pretty much everything for a BB if you can't find it here.
    11-03-07 11:49 AM
    Thanks for that. Now since I made that post, I took the cotter pin out of the clip on the holster that the Alltel store gave me and replaced the broken piece on my blackberry holster with the piece from the substitute. Voila, I now have my original BB holster back...good as new. So...I'm smiling again. Thanks.
    11-12-07 10:04 PM
    my holster broke within a week, the clip fell off. they really should make it more durable. not that i was ultra careful with it but I was careful enough that it shoulda lasted longer. i got mine replaced at a verizon store, but i got this paranoid feeling that the case is slightly slimmer causing the roller ball to sometimes click when i insert my blackberry, which didn't happen with first case. it does have the blackberry logo on it though, maybe a manufacturing error.
    11-20-07 11:12 PM
    Those cases/holsters are crap. The little metal blackberry logo fell off mine in about a week.
    12-11-07 04:47 PM
    O.k. now, this is not about the crackberry ( Blackberry) but rather about crap defective holsters.

I got a new contract with U.S. Cellular a few weeks ago, and with it got two Motorola ROKR Z6M phones ( paid for the damn things). When the phone box was opened , I realized that the new gimmick is that they do not include a holster with the phone and that one has to be purchased. So I purchased the only holster that the store had to offer that fits MotoROKr z6Ms. First couple of days I just used the phone sitting on the table while trying to learn how to use it and after that , well, clipped it on the holster and placed it on the belt. Within a day , the clip part of holster broke off! That is absolutely crap. So I went back to the store and they said that well, it probably was a bad one, and gave me a replacement. This time around , it took two days for it to brake and unfortunately the phone fell off and got lost also . So I am really pissed off. So I call U.S> Cellular and demand that they replace my phone because the damn holster they are selling in their stores is a piece of crap and as such has resulted in the phone falling off . They don't give a damn what you say as a customer and they basically gave me the finger. You know, I am a very patient and reasonable person and to be honest with you I couldn't give a crap about a couple of hundred dollars that a new phone will cost me but I also am a person that believes that when someone sells you a piece of junk , ethically they must take responsibility for it and bare the cost. So I am and will try my best to cause enough head ache for U.S. Cellular , be it necessary through a class action suit to get them to buy everyone that has lost their phone because of the ******** defective holster that they are selling , a brand new phone , and of course pay up to their a** to make the lawyers that open up the class action suit happy. So if any of you , no matter what kind of phone you have, if your holster broke and resulted in your phone dropping off and getting lost, start screaming bloody murder. These bastards, should not get away with selling crap to people. This is a one time posting and I don't plan to check back and see if there are any replies or anything so just if yoou are pissed off, call your cellular company (whichever your company is and start screaming and demanding from them to replace your phone with a brand new one together with a not defective holster). While you are at it , if you have some free time, post similar articles to any related board that you come across. U.S. Cellular, Screw YOU. By the way the Store that sold the crap holster is "Answer Wireless" ( BARES U.S. CELLULAR LOGO ON TOP") and they are a bunch of charlatans also as I found out that they also sold me a "Opened and Used") phone to me as a "NEW" one.
    02-28-08 08:13 PM
    US Cellular has a 30-day trial period on all new contrcts. Possibly if you signed a new agreement and are still in the 30-day trial period, you can return the phones and they have to give you all of your money back.
    02-28-08 10:50 PM
    They do not give a D*&mn. They say its not their problem. 30 day does not have to do anything with the holster. Its a scam and I bet there are thousands of people that have ended up with these crappy defective holsters that break and result in the phone falling off. 1st Time it happened at home so I caught it, with second replacement holster, it happened in the street and by the time I realized the only thing that remained on my belt was the bottom part of the holster.

I will sue them in a court of law if I have to. Someone has to always start the chain reaction and it looks like it has to be me this time around.
    02-29-08 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD