I figure the Storm 1 / Storm 2 accessories will be mainly interchangable. I've never had a blackberry to date, and was wondering what you guys recommend for a holster. I've been using a belt holster since 2000 when I got a motorola startac (remember that?). What works good for blackberries?

These days I'm mostly an office-type guy, but I do do some moderate moving around during the day so something that would hold the phone if I did some running.
    10-11-09 09:41 PM
    I will tell you one of the best belt holsters I have used is made by Nite-Ize. It is made for BlackBerry, has a sturdy clip, and a magnet that works from either face-in or out.

Http://www.niteize.com/productdetail...product_id=189

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-11-09 09:53 PM
    If I remember correctly, the S2 is slightly larger than the S1. Sal had a post a while back showing that the charging dock is not interchangeable, I could imagine some cases might not fit either.
    10-11-09 09:56 PM
    The ad says face in, but it definitely works face out on my Curve, should do the same with a Storm.

The Storm does fit, I tested one in my case. I have a thick silicone skin on my Curve, and it still fits nicely.

10-11-09 09:57 PM
    If I remember correctly, the S2 is slightly larger than the S1. Sal had a post a while back showing that the charging dock is not interchangeable, I could imagine some cases might not fit either.
    The charging docks are not interchangeable because the charging port is in a slightly different location. The phones are physically the same size give or take a few mm.
    10-11-09 10:11 PM
    The nite-ize looks like a nice case. Any other suggestions?
    10-11-09 10:35 PM
    Honestly I think RIM is gonna include the same holster that comes with the tour. That one is pretty nice, the belt clip is very sturdy. You can use a silicone or plastic with it as well so makes it useful.
    Last edited by theanswer3; 10-11-09 at 11:01 PM.
    10-11-09 10:57 PM
    Honestly I think RIM is gonna include the same holster that comes with the tour.
    I don't think they will include a holster. The S2 is coming with a 16GB card, which I would take over a holster any day. Plus I think the S2 has a slightly younger demographic than the Tour. Holsters tend to be used more by the mature folk. Just my 2 cents
    10-11-09 11:09 PM
    Really they didn't include one with storm1 one from vzw the vodaphone got one
    Honestly I think RIM is gonna include the same holster that comes with the tour. That one is pretty nice, the belt clip is very sturdy. You can use a silicone or plastic with it as well so makes it useful.
    10-11-09 11:12 PM
    Yeah I think they want this phone to be all it can be, hence the 16gb card, and you gotta protect your phone. So I think they might. Remember forever RIM included that stupid sleeve case that was really hard to get phones in and out of, and I was very surprised they put there higher end case in with tour and a 2gb card. So I think they do the same thing with Storm2
    10-11-09 11:42 PM
    RIM includes holsters with phones? I did not know that.
    10-11-09 11:44 PM
    They used to include this crappy sleeve. It was official blackberry, but the phone was really hard to get in and out and it had no belt clip at all. Yeah the holster I posted in that pic was included with my Tour, along with a 2gb micro sd card.
    10-11-09 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD