Instructions for the ones I ordered require wet, soapy application. It looks to me like some of the liquid would leak into the crack surrounding the screen. That can't be good. I realize the thing doesn't have to be dripping wet; however, liquid and electronics typically don't go together well. I may be looking for alternative style screen protectors. Thoughts?
    10-23-09 07:12 AM
    There are plenty of plastic sticker type screen protectors I would go with one of them. I do not recommend the one that verizon sells, it stops people from reading your phone from the side but it is thick and doesn't present a clear picture from the front you look at your screen.
    10-23-09 08:15 AM
    I have that one from Verizon, does okay to me. My only issue with it is it is just a tad to wide for the screen and has a bubble in one corner.
    10-23-09 09:37 AM
    I bought that one when i got my wife a tour. i felt it made that screen look wierd and since it was so thick and unforgiving the corners peeled up quickly.
    10-23-09 09:54 AM
    I have been using screen protectors from Boxwave for years on different devices. Pretty much invisible and very sturdy. No water necessary...just peel off the backing and stick on the screen. They can also be removed, and re-installed.
    10-23-09 10:31 AM
    I bought this one for my 8330, it's got a very solid feel to it, and is crystal clear.
    10-23-09 10:41 AM
    I bought the one from Seidio for my Tour (when I purchased my Innocase II). I kept trying to get it right and couldn't (dust....bubbles....etc).

I then had to replace my Tour for a green dot and left on the VZW screen protector that ships on the phone. Snipped off (carefully) the little extra tab.

Has been working perfect.
    10-23-09 11:37 AM
    No offense, but I say you man up and apply it. Obviously you are not the first person to apply that type of screen protector, so it seems like it is not as big an issue as you're making it to be. I myself have applied this type of protector (bestskinever.com) about 5 times on different devices. If you follow the instructions, which say to turn off the device, take the battery out, and let it dry for 24 hrs....then you should have no problem. Really the only time electronics and water don't mix is when the said device is powered ON. If it is off, and let to dry after getting wet, then no damage is done. I prefer this skin because I know it will not leave residue if I ever remove it, and I like the soft, bouncy feel, rather than those other hard plastic protectors. To each his own!
    10-24-09 09:32 AM
    If you follow the instructions, which say to turn off the device, take the battery out, and let it dry for 24 hrs....then you should have no problem.
    That's something I wouldn't install on my phone. Just sayin'
    10-27-09 04:43 PM
    Instructions for the ones I ordered require wet, soapy application. It looks to me like some of the liquid would leak into the crack surrounding the screen. That can't be good. I realize the thing doesn't have to be dripping wet; however, liquid and electronics typically don't go together well. I may be looking for alternative style screen protectors. Thoughts?
    Best Skins Ever, InvisibleShield, Phanton Shield are all screen protector companies and they all supply film to protect your phone and there are kaZillions of people here who have used these products with great success ... myself included.

I am concerned with the emphasis you put on the "wet, soapy application." My preference is Best Skins Ever and yes you get the film wet to apply it but there is never an abundance of liquid on the film that is going to cause danger to your phone. The water with the SMALLEST amount of clear liquid soap is intended to be a lubricant to allow some degree of flex in the stickiness of the film before it sticks on a semi-permanent basis.

If you have more than a very, very small amount of liquid on the film, you are doing something quite wrong. And as far as the soap goes, we're talking just one tiny drop of clear liquid soap in a small container of water. Again, this is intended as a lubricant - nothing that is going to bubble up or look soapy when you are applying it.

These films are widely used with great success. I'd recommend a little more research on the application process before you get started here. And the concept should NEVER be a WET SOAPY application on your phone.
    10-27-09 11:39 PM
    If you follow the instructions, which say to turn off the device, take the battery out, and let it dry for 24 hrs....then you should have no problem.
    I've applied several of these skins always with great success. I've never waited more than an hour before using my phone.

Less is more with these applications. I get scared with people talking about these "wet soapy applications." Wow. You just get the film ever so slightly wet ... just wet enough that the film can slide around so you can adjust it properly as you position it on the phone. If you are oooozing water out of the sides of the film when you are applying the film, you've gotten the film way too wet.

Less is more. And I've never needed to let my phone sit more than an hour. The last time I put on a set of film, I did it before going to work and I was using my phone in the car as I drove ... maybe 15 minutes after putting on the film. Again, with very conservative use of the soap and water stuff.
    10-27-09 11:47 PM
    how well do they work? bubbles? can they be taken off?
    10-28-09 04:52 AM
    Honestly, you have nothing to worry about. I too have installed many screen protectors that required a wet, soapy application. I tend to prefer this type because it allows for perfectly aligned installation on any device.

Just mix a tad bit of liquid soap and water into a spray bottle, wet your fingertips, peel the screen shield off the paper, spray the sticky side of the screen shield, wipe the excess water off of the screen shield and then place it on the device. Move/Slide the screen shield around until you find the perfect alignment and let it sit for awhile. Let it sit for awhile (I usually wait 20 minutes or so) and check for any small water bubbles, etc. If you find any, work them out gently with your fingers (if you press too hard, the screen shield will move). After that, let it sit a bit longer until it is dry enough to use. At this point I simply run my fingers over the entire screen shield application to make sure it is applied firmly and dry. I never wait the 24 hours; I usually use the device an hour after installation.

Now, if you don't feel comfortable doing this, don't. As someone else mentioned, they wouldn't sell them if the application was harmful. Follow the application instructions and you'll be fine. You won't realize how easy and flawless the application is until it is complete.

*IF you see streaking under the screen shield after its dry, they tend to disappear within a few hours of use.
    10-28-09 09:10 AM
    how well do they work? bubbles? can they be taken off?
    Work very well.

Yes there are initially bubbles but they fade away over time. It can take from a couple of days to several weeks but eventually all the bubbles vanish.

They can EASILY be taken off. I took a set off several weeks ago and it might have taken a minute.

I recommend Best Skins Ever. There are other options out there but they are really all the same film and the other guys are just more expensive. Best Skins Ever is less than $10 while InvisibleShield is around $40. Why waste money?
    10-28-09 03:16 PM
    $10 per shield?
    10-30-09 10:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD