My Blackberry Curve 8300 has been perfect up until a few days ago. The battery stopped charging and I tried various things. I tried my friend's charger, the usb, I went to a store and the guy tried replacing it with another drained battery and then attempting to charge it. After everything, we finally found the problem. You know on the side of the phone where you plug in the charging wire? One of those tiny little gold things is missing. I've ordered a charging pod where you plug the wire into the pod, and the phone on the pod. Will that help? If not, is it hopeless?
    08-13-09 07:43 PM
    It should help, because its going to charge through different connections then the USB connector. There are golden connectors if I am not mistaken, these are what will charge your phone.
    08-13-09 07:58 PM
    it will charge by the gold connectors at the bottom, however with the usb broken you wont be able to plug into the pc for back ups etc.. Id look into getting that repaired, there are smaller repairs shops around, you could buy the usb port from Cellular Nationwide Network - 3G, Sony, Panasonic, LG, SonyEricsson, Nokia, Tools, BlackBerry, and take it into a repair store or pc store.
    08-13-09 08:03 PM
    Yep, the USB port is soldered in, a pro will have to fix it for you, if yours is broken in order to transfer information. Unless you have a recent backup of the device...
    08-13-09 08:06 PM
    when your usb thing breaks, just get a 5 volt charger and cut the port end off of it and strip the wires. tape the wires to the little contacts on the back of your blackberry. there isnt a polarity cuz its a/c current, so dont worry about which wire goes on which contact.
    peace yo
    Last edited by aaronohyeah; 09-06-09 at 10:46 AM.
    09-06-09 10:40 AM
    when your usb thing breaks, just get a 5 volt charger and cut the port end off of it and strip the wires. tape the wires to the little contacts on the back of your blackberry. there isnt a polarity cuz its a/c current, so dont worry about which wire goes on which contact.
    peace yo
    What? Noooo, there most definitely is polarity involved.

The charger converts AC to DC power, and the usb port provides DC power, but they still only provide power to one terminal, with the other being ground.

Get the polarity mixed up, and the BB/battery could be damaged.
    09-06-09 03:11 PM
    def get yourself a charging pod! i bought one off amazon for 5 bucks! the usb port on the side isnt really meant to be used as the main way of charging the phone! however blackberry fails to mention that
    09-06-09 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD