Just got the new privacy screen protector at a mobile phone dealer who also sells thousands of cases and accessories. Stupid me walked away after having them install it without checking the phone.

After i arrived at home I went to tinker with my phone and the touchscreen will not respond or even recognize my touch with the protector on. Any ideas? Has this happened to anyone else? Just spent 10 bucks and hate to have to wait till I can get all the way over to Daytona Beach for a replacement or refund.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Arradia of Dalaran
    World Of Warcraft
    10-25-09 08:02 PM
    maybe too much pressure put on the screen during the installation. got some suggestion in the forum on fixing the screen clickable issue, among them is to put call card at the bottom of the battery, and to put sticker at the battery. you may search it in the forum and sure u will find it.
    10-25-09 09:09 PM
    you are suppose to wait and let it dry and settle. it should be fine
    10-25-09 09:10 PM
    Its been about 8 hours and the application was a dry one. I cant seem to find anyone else having this issue on the forums or even on the net
    10-25-09 10:45 PM
    Its been about 8 hours and the application was a dry one. I cant seem to find anyone else having this issue on the forums or even on the net
    I had a privacy screen protector that didn't work on mine and when I called the supplier he informed me it was too thick for the touch screen Storm. He refunded my money and told me to throw away the protector. I now use a 3M privacy protector and the touch screen works fine. Only problem is they don't make one that covers the entire screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-25-09 10:52 PM
    TYVM Looks like I will need to do the same.
    10-25-09 10:58 PM
    When I first got my phone I thought that I removed all of the screen protectors from it. Found out later that there was another one I missed. It was clear and was underneath the one with the pull tab. Perhaps that was left on your phone and you unknowingly had another protector placed over it.
    10-25-09 11:06 PM
    Could be. I pulled off the one that had a tab on it when i got the phone 3 days ago. Today when i went to the cell shop, I just handed the guy my phone and he cleaned the screen and then applied the privacy screen protector.

Too bad i didn't think to try the phone out before i left the store :P Live and learn right? Thanks for all the feedback, I ended up pulling it off and everything works fine now. Downloading v5.0 and anxious
    10-25-09 11:54 PM
    i'm glad you pulled it off, because that was about to be my advice...

go back up there and tell them it wasnt working, have them put a new one on for free and make sure it works?
    10-25-09 11:55 PM
    Get a refund, Order an Invisible Shield for your phone. And you will be happy.
    10-26-09 12:30 AM
    Just go naked.....no screen protector; you really don't need it........
    10-26-09 09:36 AM
    i would suggest the verizon 3 pack screen guard. Those fit perfect to the screen to a T.
    10-26-09 10:29 AM