Any X-Ray techs out there. I was in the hospital yesterday and I had my main sd card inside my wallet in the plastic case. I had a chest xray done which of course my backside would be receiving the energy. I wasn't thinking about it until later when I put that card that was in my wallet back into my Berry; there was nothing there; the phone does not even recognize the card at all. Is it safe to say that the xray killed my memory card? I did pop it into another BB and it didn't recognize it either.
    11-03-09 04:20 AM
    I'm no Xray tech, but I'm not suprised it wiped out your card. You may be able to reformat it & load it back up.
    Just out of curiosity, did you have any credit cards in your wallet as well? If so, how did they do after the Xray?
    11-03-09 05:50 AM
    The card that I carry was in my front pocket in my money clip and it's fine. I was going to reformat it but the device doesn't even detect it anymore. It says the no media card is inserted;???
    11-03-09 11:41 AM
    Fooey on the tech for not asking you if you had any electronics on you that could be damaged.
    11-03-09 12:20 PM
    How bout the PC?? Does it recognize the sd card?? If so, you may be able to format it there...then on ur phone...Just a suggestion
    11-03-09 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD