My Curve 8330's charger port is getting so weak and loose I have to jiggle the cord and pretty much hold the charger in the phone to make it charge at all!!
    I am on Alltel/Verizon.
    It's getting so bad that when I connect it to my computer and go to the Desktop Mgr...it says " Device Cannot Be Found" or its Disconnected!!
    So I cannot backup anything! someone plz help me!!!!
    12-23-09 10:17 AM
    If you're in your first contract year, you may be able to get VZW tech support to replace it for you.
    Some people have had that port replaced at local cellular repair shops, I believe most quote it at about $50 for parts & labor.
    I use a charging dock to minimize usage of the USB port.

If your PC has bluetooth, you can back up your BB via bluetooth.
    12-23-09 10:46 AM
    I wonder why the port is so weak. I heard somewhere that it was made to transfer data, not to charge. If that was true, why is a mini usb charger included in the box and not the dock? If the dock saves the port, I would have gladly taken that instead of that useless sleeve.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 11:02 AM
    I read a ton of post on here about the USB port going to ****, and my laptop doesn have bluetooth, so I went and bought the charging dock from newegg for 7bucks.

As for the port being trashed already, I had a friend on VZW who was within the first year of his contract. they took it in and they replaced the usb port at no cost to him.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-23-09 11:09 AM
    This is why I always use the BlackBerry charging cradle. The USB port is soldered in, so it's not so easy to replace on your own. Hopefully you have a recent backup of the device, so when you get a new device you can transfer all of your info over...
    12-23-09 11:12 AM
    Is there no better way for this! Where is a good place to buy the craddle retail? Can't wait for online purchase. Staples, BestBuy, Target and Kmart are the only dept stores near me. I'm sure Rat Shack would be a rip.
    03-01-10 07:59 AM
    On line is the cheapest and fastest. I could not find one but wait best buy may have one.

I wanted an innocase for my phone so I got one with the cradle that will charge it with the case on. There are options out there besides the stock $5-10 cradle...
    03-01-10 11:11 AM
    You can try here. Its been a while since I purchased from them, but they have some good pricing
    03-01-10 02:40 PM
    Mine's going to cr@p, too.

One of the leads in the middle of the port looks like it lifted up. Now it charges, but getting a data connection is iffy at best. There's a thread down in the accessories forum with an Amazon link to a $5 charging cradle, I may have to grab one and a bluetooth dongle for my PC.
    03-01-10 03:28 PM
    Mine is totally gone, so I'm rotating batteries w/ an unused ATT curve until I can get to a Sprint store. Definitely going to buy a charging dock next time since I admit to totally abusing my USB port.
    04-22-10 01:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD