04-08-09 09:58 AM
45 12
tools
    Newbie here.

What do I absolutely need for the 8900?

Getting my first BB and I can't stinkin wait.

I annoyed Tmo enough to get them to give me a full discount, a 100 dollar credit instead of rebate, and all this 2 months before my contract ended.
    Last edited by moshpitpal; 04-06-09 at 12:20 PM.
    04-06-09 12:16 PM
    Go to seidioonline.com and pick up a Innocase II and holster combo! And might I suggest their screen protector?! A 8-16G memory card to store all your music/photos etc.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-06-09 12:21 PM
    Thank you.
    04-06-09 12:22 PM
    Check this out:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/89...-cheap-143274/

Also a screen protector is a must on the 8900. Do abit of searching as this question has been covered numerous times just within the last month.
    04-06-09 12:23 PM
    Totally subjective... I like checking out apps... most have a week trial period, which gives you some time to check them out.
    04-06-09 12:27 PM
    Seidio Innocase II and a screen protector.

04-06-09 12:35 PM
    Yep, gotta agree with everyone else here. Seidio innocase and invisible shiel imo

04-06-09 12:42 PM
    Thanks for the responses

I clicked the link and saw the combo deal.

Is it really fifty bucks, or am I seeing something different?
    04-06-09 12:46 PM
    Yeah, it's $50 but it's well worth the money! Ask anyone on here, they'll agree!

04-06-09 12:48 PM
    I saw two kinds on the site. One was leather and the other looked as though it was made of rubber. Which one is preffered?
    04-06-09 12:50 PM
    Either one! I prefer the spring clip holster cause it's easier to access your phone! It's not really rubber, both Innocase and holster are made of a hard plastic with a rubber feel to it. Makes it easier to handle' IMO

04-06-09 12:53 PM
    I noticed a Seidio case and spring clip online through ebay with free shipping for five dollars less....should I beware?

Seidio Innocase II Surface Combo Blackberry 8900 Black - eBay (item 370182232887 end time May-01-09 12:04:17 PDT)
    04-06-09 12:57 PM
    You just never know how good of condition it's really in when ordering from EBay! I suggest contacting the seller and see what they have to say about it and if it sounds legit, go for it!

04-06-09 01:00 PM
    Newbie here.

What do I absolutely need for the 8900?
    Is it really fifty bucks, or am I seeing something different?
    I saw two kinds on the site. One was leather and the other looked as though it was made of rubber. Which one is preffered?
    I noticed a Seidio case and spring clip online through ebay with free shipping for five dollars less....should I beware?
    Damn. Who dresses you in the morning?
    04-06-09 01:02 PM
    Damn. Who dresses you in the morning?

04-06-09 01:04 PM
    oompa loompas
    04-06-09 01:07 PM
    thank gawd for my screen protector. stuff happens, things get scratched up, I gotta kid who can't keep his hands off of my phone, etc.. need the screen protector.
    04-06-09 02:43 PM
    thank gawd for my screen protector. stuff happens, things get scratched up, I gotta kid who can't keep his hands off of my phone, etc.. need the screen protector.
    Agreed. I'd prefer to spend $9 on a pack of two Clarivue screen protectors and not worry about the screen than getting it scratched.
    04-06-09 04:00 PM
    You really don't need a screen protector. It's not like this is a touch screen phone.
    I couldn't disagree with this more. The 83xx series Curves had an additional layer of protection with the housing and the 8900 does not have this. What you see is the actual LCD itself. If you scratch that you will find yourself replacing the LCD itself.
    04-06-09 04:25 PM
    You really don't need a screen protector. It's not like this is a touch screen phone.
    You're kidding, right???
    04-06-09 06:09 PM
    I couldn't disagree with this more. The 83xx series Curves had an additional layer of protection with the housing and the 8900 does not have this. What you see is the actual LCD itself. If you scratch that you will find yourself replacing the LCD itself.
    ^^Ditto!!!

The Seidio Ultimate Screen Guards fit the entire 8900 screen now. I've always used their screen guards and highly recommend them. The items usually arrive within three days.

WARNING:
    Don't get the anti-glare ones from Amazon (I think the company is Accessory One/Toter). They will advertise them as being in stock, then when you purchase them they charge your credit card immediately and then after the transaction is completed they will say that delivery time is almost one month. If you try to file a claim or contact them, the system won't allow you to until the delivery window is over. THEN after the month, the shields will never arrive and they will not respond to your emails. I had to file a complaint with my credit card who investigated (AccessoryOne/Toter never responded) and did a chargeback.

*Note: The only reason I ordered the Toter ones is because Seidio didn't make the 8900 shields at the time.
    Last edited by PCgirl; 04-06-09 at 07:03 PM. Reason: typo
    04-06-09 06:20 PM
    Yeah but you gotta prepare for the unexpected! You never know when you're gonna accidentally drop it! Or accidentally place uit in the same pocket as your keys! You just never know!

04-06-09 06:32 PM
    Three year old and infant on the way....I think I will get the screen protectors and eventually get that innocase II.

It is not a matter of careful when you hear uh oh and your phone is swimming in the dog's water dish. True story. That's why I have insurance now.
    04-06-09 06:37 PM
    LOL Alright, fly by the seat of your pants if you want to. Its like insurance, you don't need it until you NEED it. That's what the screen protector does, help you to plan for the unexpected. Of course no one plans to have their screens get scratched but things just happen sometimes.
    04-06-09 06:39 PM
    I read a little in the seidio innocase II posts.

Does it scratch your stuff, or has that issue been put to rest?

I would not want to spend that kind of money without knowing I was getting what I paid for.
    04-06-09 06:48 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD