07-19-08 08:15 PM
75 123
tools
    I like the clear front also. Would it work for vzw 8330, and a dumb question - is vzw 8330 CDMA?

Guys about the holster - does it rotate 360 degrees, can I wear it horizantal?
    05-23-08 02:31 PM
    I like the clear front also. Would it work for vzw 8330, and a dumb question - is vzw 8330 CDMA?

Guys about the holster - does it rotate 360 degrees, can I wear it horizantal?
    It doesnt say anything about 360 degrees, but it does say...

Locking swivel belt clip that allows for perfect positioning with the use of seven different angles
    So I'd assume that it would rotate so you could wear it horizontal... if you cant wait for me to receive mine, then I'd probably shoot them an email and I'm sure they'd let you know!

As much as I love the berry all by itself, I feel like I'm just gonna drop it. hurry up case!
    05-23-08 02:45 PM
    srd, do you know if the hybrid is compatible with verizon curve?
    do you know if verizon curve is cdma?
    05-23-08 02:48 PM
    Called Seidio....was told it can be horizantal. and the new case has a magnet or something that will save battery.. Not sure if you are getting this "NEW" case SRD?

Anyways placed the hybrid + holster combo - will be shipped on Tues. Will let you know how I like it
    05-23-08 03:19 PM
    srd, do you know if the hybrid is compatible with verizon curve?
    do you know if verizon curve is cdma?
    I would think it would be compatible with the Verizion curve. It doesn't specify any certain provider, but the Verizon and Sprint 8330 are the same besides the color.

I'm almost certain the Verizon 8330 is CDMA, but you may want to check with someone else that has verizon
    05-27-08 10:22 AM
    Called Seidio....was told it can be horizantal. and the new case has a magnet or something that will save battery.. Not sure if you are getting this "NEW" case SRD?

Anyways placed the hybrid + holster combo - will be shipped on Tues. Will let you know how I like it
    Yep, I ended up getting the new one with the holster. Just checked the status of the order and it hasn't shipped yet.... hopefully soon!
    05-27-08 10:23 AM
    SRD
    I remember reading somewhere on the website that the holster is not compatible with CDMA curve? Did you verify ?
    05-27-08 10:28 AM
    SRD
    I remember reading somewhere on the website that the holster is not compatible with CDMA curve? Did you verify ?
    I did not verify with Seidio themselves, but the product specify 8330, which is CDMA for sprint, and pretty sure for verizon. CDMA is just the type of network the phone is on. So I'd think as long as the model is 8330 it will work.

Also if you go to their home page, there is a dropdown list on the left side that says "New Devices". From there I selected the option "CDMA Blackberry 8330". And from there I navigated to the case and holster product.

So if it doesnt work, then they have some explaining to do for labeling the product that way!
    Last edited by srd05c; 05-27-08 at 11:26 AM.
    05-27-08 11:23 AM
    Case-Mate, I have it and truely believe it is better than most. MHO.
    05-27-08 01:15 PM
    Called SeidioOnline at attempted to order a case. Rude customer support, and a lack of product knowledge resulted in no sale. I'll try back on another day...
    05-27-08 05:57 PM
    Just received email that it was shipped and will be delivered Friday. Lookin forward to see this thing
    05-27-08 07:41 PM
    I have the rubberized hard case and love it. Very sturdy and doesn't add bulk. Works well with the speaker phone and adds an added amount of protection the other rubber cases don't.

If you're worried about the screen by a screen protector. I personally don't use one, bu that's my choice.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-08 08:05 PM
    I like that hybrid case. I'm with you though, I keep my phone in my pocket and am really not a fan of belt clips so my concern is how the rubberized cases will do pulling out of my pockets and what not. I don't want it to be difficult or pull my whole pocket out of my pants everytime I'm trying to use my phone. If anybody has any feedback on that I'd also appreciate it.

Right now I use these things called Bodyguardz and they have worked pretty well for me so far...I was too lazy to cover the top and sides but I used the sheet for the back plate and the screen and I've gotten no scratches. It also keeps my curve from getting too bulky in my pocket and it goes in and out easy still.

It won't let me post the url b/c I haven't made 10 posts but you can look at what I'm using at bodyguardz dot com
    05-27-08 09:03 PM
    I ordered the seidio rubberized case/holster combo in black for my 8320 Curve.
    Received it this afternoon and used it all this evening at work. I love it, I do find I'm gonna have to slightly change the way I type the characters on the far left and right. Hard to explain but I usually have my fingers resting a little off to edge when typing those those characters.

Getting it for < $50 USD shipped made it an even better deal.
    05-28-08 12:02 AM
    Just received the case! I really like it. doesn't add much bulk at all. Yes its gonna make it thicker cause your adding something ontop of the phone. But was a lot thinner than what I expected. Holes are in place for the LED, speaker, all buttons, camera, and the back docking port.

I also got the screen protectors. They basically cover just the square of visible screen. So the "blackberry" logo up top is not covered. hope that makes sense. Doesn't even look like there is a protector on after applying it.

Attached some shots of the case. I'll take some better ones when I get home which will show you what the case looks like ON the phone.

So far I'd give it a 5/5.

IMG00032 - Top view of case and holster laid out
    IMG00033 - Side view of case laid out
    IMG00034 - Top view of case compared to factory leather sleeve
    IMG00035 - Side view of case compared to factory leather sleeve
    05-30-08 02:34 PM
    DO NOT GET SEIDIO HYBRID CASE FOR VERIZON CURVE

I called these people to double check on this, and the not so nice customer service lady...said yes it will fit vzw, guess what I got it today and it does not fit at all...in the front..

anyone has experience with this, or did i just get the bad piece?

Thanks
    05-30-08 08:19 PM
    there is 2 different kinds of hybrid cases, she prolly gave you the wrong one. make sure its for the 8330
    05-30-08 08:21 PM
    You might have received a wrong case, you should be able to return it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-08 08:24 PM
    Is Verizons different from Sprint? Also the cutout for the LED does not line up with the case too. Anyone has vzw and used the hybrid one?
    05-30-08 08:26 PM
    Well after a month and a half of use, i finally managed to crack the seido case. Top left corner of the front plate. Nothing real bad, as it still snaps together. Just wanted to let everyone know that they are not indestructable Oh well
    07-18-08 03:34 PM
    Well after a month and a half of use, i finally managed to crack the seido case. Top left corner of the front plate. Nothing real bad, as it still snaps together. Just wanted to let everyone know that they are not indestructable Oh well
    You should have opted for the Cellet Form Fit Elite Leather Case!!! LOL!!! Check out the avatar!!

Don't mind me, just inside joke from an earlier thread!!
    I glad your happy with your case!!
    07-18-08 03:41 PM
    Yup. This seems to be an issue I think. Mine developed a crack in the same place.
    07-19-08 03:08 AM
    I like my naked curve, sounds bad, but i need a holster when I don't have any pockets. For me, I was thinking of getting the basic unskinned holster from seidio but heard that damage will occur at the top of the phone where the spring clip makes contact it. Any of you have any comments on this, seems like I could put some clear tape to protect it in that spot.

It's funny how when choosing a phone it was no contest, easy decision but now with accessory choices...It's tough!
    07-19-08 11:59 AM
    You should have opted for the Cellet Form Fit Elite Leather Case!!! LOL!!! Check out the avatar!!

Don't mind me, just inside joke from an earlier thread!!
    I glad your happy with your case!!
    Haha, oh i saw that thread and you are nuts!
    07-19-08 07:04 PM
    I personally like option #1. Options #3-#5 would not appear for me.

SmeeBig7.
    07-19-08 08:15 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD