07-19-08 08:15 PM
75 123
tools
    What do you all think looks better? The hybrid case with a clear front and rubber back, or a full black rubber case?

i have the hybrid case with holster and i love the combo, but thats just me...
    05-20-08 07:28 PM
    I looked at cases and wound up getting a full body InvisiShield.
    05-20-08 07:32 PM
    For sure. I ended up getting the black one, but it said all of them were on pre order... we'll see who gets theirs first!
    "SHIPPING FOR BLACK, BURGUNDY AND PINK CASE BEGINS THE WEEK OF 5/19. SHIPPING FOR BLUE CASE BEGINS IN THE WEEK OF 5/26"

I think you're gonna win!
    05-20-08 11:31 PM
    "SHIPPING FOR BLACK, BURGUNDY AND PINK CASE BEGINS THE WEEK OF 5/19. SHIPPING FOR BLUE CASE BEGINS IN THE WEEK OF 5/26"

Oh great! I thought it was 5/26 for all. That makes me happy I'll be sure to post some pictures

Last night after I ordered the case I found a review on the hybrid case for the blackberry 8300. It's not identical to ours, but it has some more pictures to give you an idea what ours might be like:

Review: Seidio Super Slim Hybrid Hard Case For BlackBerry 8300 Curve | BerryReview
    05-21-08 08:56 AM
    for those of you with the full body invisishield, did you run into problems applying it? i had one for an old phone in the past, and i could never quite get all the corners to stick down, and then, dust would get under them, and not look good, and eventually over time, ruin it.
    05-21-08 09:25 AM

Not trying to doubt you here, but where did you find it saying 5/19 for the black cases? I'm looking here: SUPER SLIM RUBBERIZED HARD CASE & HOLSTER COMBO-BLACKBERRY 8330 *PRE ORDER ONLY* - *BD2-HLCSRBB8330-BK

and the only date it states is 5/26, and doesnt specify colors...
    05-21-08 12:14 PM
    I have the pink one for my Pearl and I love it! But, then again, I love pink. I like the clear/black one, looks hott.
    05-21-08 12:25 PM
    Not trying to doubt you here, but where did you find it saying 5/19 for the black cases? I'm looking here: SUPER SLIM RUBBERIZED HARD CASE & HOLSTER COMBO-BLACKBERRY 8330 *PRE ORDER ONLY* - *BD2-HLCSRBB8330-BK

and the only date it states is 5/26, and doesnt specify colors...
    Hmmm... weird. That's not what it said when I posted that yesterday - I went to the site and copy and pasted it into my message. I know that when I ordered it, it had two different dates because I remember trying to decide between the black and the blue and if it was worth the extra week's wait. Maybe they're behind on production? Who knows? Anyways, I'll post up a review with some pictures when I get it! Sorry about the mis-info!

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    05-21-08 01:33 PM
    Hmmm... weird. That's not what it said when I posted that yesterday - I went to the site and copy and pasted it into my message. I know that when I ordered it, it had two different dates because I remember trying to decide between the black and the blue and if it was worth the extra week's wait. Maybe they're behind on production? Who knows? Anyways, I'll post up a review with some pictures when I get it! Sorry about the mis-info!

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    Haha oh it's alright. It was a hard decision between the clear and full rubberized. We'll find out next week, hopefully!
    05-21-08 02:16 PM
    If you liek the way your bb looks now then go invisable shild. I'm going to oreder one when I get my new curve. But just to look different I got a rubber skin in pink. And I would not get the skin that has a cross bar. It gets in my fingers way big time.
    Pamperedprincess - The Invisible Shield does not fit! It is made for the 8310/8320 which is slighter different from the 8330. They just threw 8330 on the tag.
    Last edited by jrbarrett; 05-21-08 at 02:32 PM.
    05-21-08 02:28 PM
    Did anyone buy this leather sleeve?
    Designio Leather Sleeve Case - from Boxwave?

I just got it and I don't like it. I can't see the LED and if I push it up I cant see the complete screen.

Just wondering if anyone had any experience with it. I'm planning to return it. May be its not for 8330.

any one?
    05-21-08 03:06 PM
    what do you mean it doesn't fit? i'm supposed to recieve the screen protector today. i'll be pissed if it doesn't fit 8330 :-(
    05-21-08 03:54 PM
    what do you mean it doesn't fit? i'm supposed to recieve the screen protector today. i'll be pissed if it doesn't fit 8330 :-(
    The bottom 2 corners that come down around the End and Call button curve in over the buttons. Sure you can cut those corners which i did. then the curve in the middle that goes over the track ball isn't exactly right so while it's applies with adhesive you really cant slide into place. i tried and had to peel off and try again so many times it got ruined. Let me know if you have better luck. i had one for my 8830 and worked so well i bought two for my 8330 and in my opinion it does not fit.
    05-21-08 04:23 PM
    I meant it does not fit well. I can't see the LED any more. Or if I pull it up it covers the screen. So the boxwave one is not exact fit. I'm not sure if all 83xx are of same dimensions or not, but at least for 8330 they need to do a better job
    05-21-08 04:57 PM
    I'm pretty sure the GSM Curves are ~0.5mm thinner than the CDMA verisons. Make sure you are getting accessory specifically labeled for the CDMA Curve (such as the cases in the CDMA Curve section on the Seidio website).

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    05-21-08 05:08 PM
    go with the seidio rubberized case and the screen protector. its your best bet at making you happy.
    05-21-08 06:42 PM
    go with the seidio rubberized case and the screen protector. its your best bet at making you happy.
    yay thats what i ordered. cant wait. my plastic covers that came on the phone are not holding up well
    05-21-08 08:04 PM
    Hi Srd, where did you order them from, and how much you had to pay + S&H? I agree the plastic cover that comes with leather one is not good and also it's covering up the screen.

Did anyone consider the metallic one from
    Blackberry Curve Black Metal Case: ExtremePDA

Some seem to have opening for speaker phone, does it matter?
    05-21-08 10:21 PM
    Hi Srd, where did you order them from, and how much you had to pay + S&H? I agree the plastic cover that comes with leather one is not good and also it's covering up the screen.

Did anyone consider the metallic one from
    Blackberry Curve Black Metal Case: ExtremePDA

Some seem to have opening for speaker phone, does it matter?
    Hey, here are the exact links to the products I bought, except I bought the case in Black. The default option on the screen is Burgundy

SUPER SLIM RUBBERIZED HARD CASE & HOLSTER COMBO-BLACKBERRY 8330 *PRE ORDER ONLY* - *BD2-HLCSRBB8330-BK
    ULTIMATE SCREEN GUARD FOR BLACKBERRY CURVE - * SPM1BB8300

I just read today after ordering the screen guard that even though it is labeled to fit the 8330, its not a perfect fit. I'll find out when I get it. But the case and holster should be perfect!

Sub total was $66.91
    Shipping was $10.25
    And final total: $77.16

I think its worth it to protect my long waited for phone
    05-21-08 11:03 PM
    Update: Case has not shipped yet... looks like its correct that they will not ship until the 26th
    05-22-08 11:44 PM
    i LIKE the full rubber case!!!!! but they dont have the color i want lol

nice choice
    05-22-08 11:52 PM
    Hang in there
    05-23-08 12:13 AM
    The full black case looks really sharp. I'd get it in a heartbeat if it had a flat clip on the back, because I wear my phone on my waist all the time (I hardly ever have a pocket to slip it in).
    05-23-08 12:24 AM
    srd
    The rubber case and holster from this link..

SUPER SLIM RUBBERIZED HARD CASE & HOLSTER COMBO- 8300/8310/8320 CURVE - *BD2-HLCSRBB8300-BK

It's not clearly mentioned there but, does the holster rotates 360? I like to wear it horizantal on my belt.
    05-23-08 12:24 AM
    I like the feel of a naked BB! Although for a case I'd go with the clear front black back. Cases are restricting to the body!!
    05-23-08 12:53 AM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD