07-19-08 08:15 PM
75 123
tools
    I'm trying to decide what the best case solution would be for my use. I do not need any side clips. I need something that doesn't add too much bulk, protects the whole thing from scratches, and will slip easily into my pocket.

Here are my favorites that I have found:

1. Case-Mate Signature Case (form fit case) $34.95
    http://shop.crackberry.com/case-mate...medium=content

This is the first case that I found that I like. It looks like its sturdy, and includes screen protection. Although I'm not sure how much bulk it adds.

2. BlackBerry Skin Case $9.95
    http://shop.crackberry.com/blackberr...medium=content

This seemed to be a popular cheaper option, but it doesn't have any screen protection. Only reason I would be looking at this one is because of the low price. But I'd rather pay more for a case that doesn't skimp on protection. So I'm not sure about this one.

3. Seido Super Slim Rubberized Hard Case $29.95
    SUPER SLIM RUBBERIZED HARD CASE-BLACKBERRY 8330 *PRE ORDER ONLY* - *CSR2BB8330-BK

I found this one when searching through some topics about cases for the Curve. It sounds like a very good option, claiming to be very thin, but provides good protection. although it doesn't have a screen protector

4. Seido Hybrid Hard Case $29.95
    HYBRID HARD CASE-BLACKBERRY CURVE 8330 - CSH2BB8330-CB

And then I found this one after finding the previous. It's the same thing from the previous except it has a clear front, displaying all of the beauty of the Curve

5. Ultimate Screen Guard $6.98
    ULTIMATE SCREEN GUARD FOR BLACKBERRY CURVE - * SPM1BB8300

And this I found this product on the Seido website. I'd probably add this with any case above that does not have screen protection.

My gut feeling is the get the #3 listed above with the screen protection listed at #5. That combination seems to be the best for what I would need.

But...... I wanted to get everyones opinions here before I make this purchase! Do you all think that I could go wrong with the #3 and #5 options?
    05-19-08 09:34 PM
    Anyone? I'll probably order this tonight... someone stop me if I'm making a mistake!!
    05-19-08 10:19 PM
    I have the silicon skin for my 8330, I find it great for the price. For screen protection I have some Palm screen protectors (15 for $25, not bad) that I cut to size and apply. I'm a perfectionist, so I took my time applying the stick-on protector and have 0 bubbles.

For carrying in my purse, I have the Blackberry branded side-pouch found here, and for biking I have this.

I can honestly say I haven't had a scratch on any BB I've ever had.

EDIT - I find that the Blackberry still fits in both cases with the rubber skin on.
    05-19-08 10:26 PM
    Trust your gut! You really can't go wrong with Seido accessories.
    05-19-08 10:27 PM
    Hey there srd05c,

I ordered a Seidio case (the one you have listed at #3) in blue and the holster bundle as well as the screen protector last week. The blue version doesn't start shipping until next week, but the other colors start shipping this week. I've used Seidio cases in the past and they are top notch. If you want a holster, look for the bundle to save yourself $10. Hope this helps!

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    05-19-08 10:30 PM
    I'm baffled that that simple plastic belt clip pouch stays on you while biking. I'm still looking before I get my curve to find a case for daily hospital use as well as something for biking/running that I trust.
    05-19-08 10:32 PM
    I'm baffled that that simple plastic belt clip pouch stays on you while biking. I'm still looking before I get my curve to find a case for daily hospital use as well as something for biking/running that I trust.
    I was apprehensive at first myself, because a friend had one that broke. But I'm extremely careful with my stuff, and I make sure that the clip is closer to my stomach than to my hip, so that its safer and I'm more likely to notice that it's going to fall BEFORE it actually does.

I also use my bike mainly for city riding, so it's not like I'm going up/down any mountains!
    05-19-08 10:41 PM
    Will the seidio case fit in the oem leather case the one that have a clip I have an pink one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-19-08 10:55 PM
    I have the burgundy rubberized case from Seidio. It is a bit pricey but it is worth it for the protection, looks and nice rubbery grip. I currently use Screenguardz to protect the screen, but there are other screen protectors out there that will work too.
    05-20-08 03:31 AM
    I've used the skin case on 2 Treo's and now 1 BB. Always love 'em. They're thin; so, the phone still fits nicely in my pocket. And, they prevent the phone from slipping out of the hands.

Easy to clean, too.

I always go with the clear skin.
    05-20-08 03:37 AM
    I have the Seidio Rubberized Hard Case for my "old" Sprint 8830 and I loved it. Keeps the device well protected. I like the black...very sleek and professional. Doesn't add bulk. And for women, your makeup doesn't get on the case!
    05-20-08 03:38 AM
    Thanks for all of the info everyone. I'm going to go ahead and order the Seido case, and maybe one of the combos (with holder or dock), and try out the screen protector they offer. Sounds like a quality choice from what everyone has said!

Thanks again. I'll let ya all know how I end up liking it. It looks like it is on pre-order so it may be a bit until i get it.
    05-20-08 08:08 AM
    Thanks for all of the info everyone. I'm going to go ahead and order the Seido case, and maybe one of the combos (with holder or dock), and try out the screen protector they offer. Sounds like a quality choice from what everyone has said!

Thanks again. I'll let ya all know how I end up liking it. It looks like it is on pre-order so it may be a bit until i get it.
    Now the only thing I need to decide is between the full rubberized, or the hybrid rubberized (has a clear front) Hmm...
    05-20-08 08:17 AM
    Trust your gut! You really can't go wrong with Seido accessories.
    I agree!!!!!!!!!
    05-20-08 09:35 AM
    What do you all think looks better? The hybrid case with a clear front and rubber back, or a full black rubber case?

05-20-08 10:24 AM
    What do you all think looks better? The hybrid case with a clear front and rubber back, or a full black rubber case?

A friend at my work said he liked the hybrid one better... hmm...
    05-20-08 12:19 PM
    I personally after reading your thread ordered the all black one.
    05-20-08 12:45 PM
    I personally after reading your thread ordered the all black one.
    This is a very hard decision cause they both look good!
    05-20-08 12:56 PM
    This is a very hard decision cause they both look good!
    I was a silly but tough decision. If you cant decide actually makes it an easy decision for you cause you'll be happy with either.
    05-20-08 12:59 PM
    I went with the all rubberized one because it is more resistant to cracking if dropped. It is also more scratch resistant and has a better grip. Of course, whatever you pick is up to you and your preferences! Good luck!

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    05-20-08 01:53 PM
    when i went to purchase a case for my curve, i came down to the $9.95 rubber skin (in pink!) and the hybrid from seidio. the decider for me was price, because i knew that i would end up finding another case along the way that i liked better and didn't want to feel as though i had wasted my money. the case i have is fine. the only problem for me is that i have long hair, and the rubber sometimes pulls on my hair when i am talking on it and it is annoying and hurt a little bit, so i usually end up removing the skin when talking for long periods of time. but, if you won't have this problem, then the case should be fine for you.

however, if you're comfortable with spending more for the hybrid, i would go with that. i think that it looks better than the all black one (hence why i almost purchased it)!
    05-20-08 03:41 PM
    If you liek the way your bb looks now then go invisable shild. I'm going to oreder one when I get my new curve. But just to look different I got a rubber skin in pink. And I would not get the skin that has a cross bar. It gets in my fingers way big time.
    05-20-08 05:34 PM
    Thanks for all of the help everyone. I ended up going with the full rubberized case + holster and a set of 3 ultimate screen guards. I figured I'll like this one the most.

As much as I liked the clear front of the hybrid, I felt that this full rubberized one will protect it better.

I'll let ya know how it turns out when I get it!
    05-20-08 07:21 PM
    Thanks for all of the help everyone. I ended up going with the full rubberized case + holster and a set of 3 ultimate screen guards. I figured I'll like this one the most.

As much as I liked the clear front of the hybrid, I felt that this full rubberized one will protect it better.

I'll let ya know how it turns out when I get it!
    That's exactly what I got, but I got the blue one so it's another week of waiting for me... Let me know what you think if you get it before me!

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    05-20-08 07:22 PM
    That's exactly what I got, but I got the blue one so it's another week of waiting for me... Let me know what you think if you get it before me!

Semper Fi,

~Marine39
    For sure. I ended up getting the black one, but it said all of them were on pre order... we'll see who gets theirs first!
    05-20-08 07:26 PM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD