Hey all, this is my first post and I'm looking forward to being an active member in this forum.

I just purchased a Blackberry Curve from T-Mobile (8320 I believe?)

Anyhow, I want to protect this phone and from what I read Seidio is a good choice. I also like the looks of the cases. Now my questions are:

Why case offers the best protection out of the three??? I'm assuming the rubberized... How much protection does the Crystal offer? Is the Hybrid a good choice?

I am also concerned with fitting issues; I have read in this forum that not all curves are the exact same size amongst the different carriers. How does the Seidio cases fit the T-mobile version of the Curve???

I plan on putting my Blackberry in my pocket from time to time and also in my shirt pocket as well (I know, geeky right? ) so it sounds like I'll need a "SCREEN PROTECTOR" since the Seidio cases don't protect the screen...

From my reading BSE is the best??? Or does it really matter with screen protectors.

Thanks again, I'm really excited! : )

oh, and also... Is there any "MUST HAVE" accessories for this model??
    Last edited by stockmarcus; 07-22-08 at 08:55 PM.
    07-22-08 08:51 PM
    I have the seidio rubberized, I think it fits very nice. I do carry in holster and when at work in front shirt pocket, also have a screen protector. I like how this cover is slim but still protects. I have dropped once so far.

Ultimately, you got to get what you like, goto a store and try many out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-22-08 09:04 PM
    I have the seidio rubberized, I think it fits very nice. I do carry in holster and when at work in front shirt pocket, also have a screen protector. I like how this cover is slim but still protects. I have dropped once so far.

Ultimately, you got to get what you like, goto a store and try many out.

Nice; I noticed that alot of posts on here say posted from crackberry? What exactly does that mean? Are you guys posting from your devices?? WOW AMAZING!

Anyways, so no problems with T-mobile version fitting into that case? I know they are a little off due to CDMA? Anyhow... I really like the Hybrid and am leaning that direction. I like the clear part of it. Not sure if that is good protection though. I would definitely buy a screen protector, but not sure what kind...

Thanks guys
    07-22-08 09:06 PM
    Nice; I noticed that alot of posts on here say posted from crackberry? What exactly does that mean? Are you guys posting from your devices?? WOW AMAZING!
    Thanks guys
    Lol. That almost seems sarcastic. Yeah browse to (or bookmark) http://wapforums.crackberry.com on your phone browser, loads quick and is pretty handy
    07-22-08 09:34 PM
    I had the crystal first. Then it fell out of my shirt pocket while I was riding the mower. Without knowing it. I ran it over and while the front half of the case was shredded it was ok. I quickly replaced it with the hybrid and holster. I like this even better. The material of the back is much harder than a skin and doesn't show the dirt that the clear does. I think the design of the case is to split open when dropped on edge. Both fit my at&t 8310 VERY well but I don't know about CDMA.
    Good luck

07-22-08 10:04 PM
    I have a rubberized case and the hybrid case. I also have the holster that goes with Seidio cased devices. I alternate between the two, love them both. I've put some knicks in the case itself with drops, but my Curve has stayed safe!

07-23-08 12:33 AM
    I have a rubberized case and the hybrid case. I also have the holster that goes with Seidio cased devices. I alternate between the two, love them both. I've put some knicks in the case itself with drops, but my Curve has stayed safe!

Thanks for the info; I'm just going to buy the hybrid case and roll with it; It sounds to be a good case. Thanks.

UPDATE: I just purchased the Innocase Hybrid Combo (Holster + Hybrid Case) for my 8320 Curve and some Ultimate Screen Guards (Screen Protectors) from Seidioonline.

Thanks guys for your help and valuable info in the forum.... I look forward to getting my phone setup. Now I just have to wait for my phone to arrive, as well as my case and screen protector.

THANKS !!!! : )
    Last edited by stockmarcus; 07-23-08 at 01:43 AM.
    07-23-08 01:00 AM
    I have the Seidio Crystal Case with the holster clip and it works great. I have dropped it once since I put it on and it didnt even knick the case so its tough. Cool thing about the holsters too is that there is a small magnet in there so that it puts your phone in "holster mode" while its there...don't know if you knew that.
    07-23-08 05:54 AM
    I have the hybrid case and holster, which I like. The only problem I have with it, is with the clear top, you can see all kinds of little specks of dirt and debris that weasels its way in there and gets trapped. It looks bad and it's annoying, but I guess I'd rather live with it, than keep opening up the case and cleaning it, and possibly making the seal looser or something. Don't know if other people have this problem or not.. or maybe I'm just dirty or something.. lol.
    07-23-08 07:41 AM
    I have the rubberized w holster from mobil city online. I bought the case in the store in manhattan. I like the feel of the case. The belt clip and retaining clip are made well. Greay case. Mine is on a vzw 8330.

07-23-08 07:55 AM
    I use to have a crystal cas on my old LG EnV. I hated after a few days all the crude under it. That is my I got the rubberized case so I don't have to see it.

07-23-08 07:57 AM
    I have the rubberized hard case and I like it a lot.
    07-23-08 08:01 AM
    I have the hybrid case and I loooooove it!
    07-23-08 09:05 AM
    I have the pink Blackberry Rubber case.
    I do not like to use cases but learn from my first short-lived BB that they scratch easily so I opted for a case on my second BB.
    I throw that baby around in my bag, pockets, etc and no complain to date. Plus it's easy to put on and take off.
    07-23-08 10:14 AM
    Lol. That almost seems sarcastic. Yeah browse to (or bookmark) .........on your phone browser, loads quick and is pretty handy
    When I do that, I get:

HTTP Error 503 : Service Unavailable

The server is currently unable to handle your request due to a temporary overloading or maintenance of the server. Please try loading a different page. Contact your service provider if this problem persists.

I actually get this message fairly often. Any suggestions?
    07-23-08 10:18 AM
    I am very happy with my super slim hybrid case! I use a BSE on my screen and love it as well. I think they work really well together.
    08-30-08 09:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD